Your FM Trophy Cabinet... anything missing?

So, in all of your FM careers - I'm talking since the first FM, i.e. FM2005 - have you missed out on any trophies?

Which ones have you always failed to win?

The trophies I am missing are embarrassing really. icon_redface.gif

I always start out as an LLM team and it takes me ages to get to the top, so by the time I get there a new FM game has come out! I am also awful at cup competitions, I normally field a weakened side as well.

I have never won the following major trophies (no sniggering please):

Premier League (my best: 7th place)

European Champions League (never entered)

Uefa cup (entered but I never completed that season)

FA Cup (my best: semi-final)

League Cup (my best: semi-final)

World Cup (my best: semi-final with England)

Euroepean Championships (my best: knocked out at group stages with England icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_frown.gif )

That is one hell of an embarrassing list. To be fair to me though, I have won pretty much every division from the Championship down to the Conference South. I just never play very much at the top of the game because it takes me so long to get their when I start at the lowest I can in the game! I have never managed a big club either.

On my current game, I have decided to go for glory as much as I possibly can. Even to the extent of jumping ship for an advantage and even eventually managing big clubs that I don't particularly like when I have built up a good enough reputation in the lower leagues. This game is going to be my glory hunting game! icon_biggrin.gif

Is anyone else as bad as me in terms of major trophies?

What are the trophies you are missing badly? Which ones are you desperate to win?

C.

Pretty much everything. I've been playing since 05, and the only trophy I have is an FA Trophy win with Northwich in FM06.

I blame my low attention span. I rarely play more than 10 seasons into a game before I get bored and quit.

It sounds better than saying I'm the worst ever Football Manager in the history of Football Managers (which is probably the real truth). icon_biggrin.gif

I have yet to win the League Cup in England in the past 3 editions of FM which is a little annoying. I have won each English League and for some reason own League One no matter the year. If I could get the darn league Cup I would be happy as hell.

On FM 2006 my Arsenal side was unstoppable, I won every trophy apart from the Carling Cup. Since then though I have struggled to make an impact on the trophy front, I'm usually Sunderland so on FM 07 I got them promoted and my best finish in the Prem was 8th. ON FM08 my highest finish with Sunderland is 5th.

Guest roberto922
Originally posted by BamaToon:

Pretty much everything. I've been playing since 05, and the only trophy I have is an FA Trophy win with Northwich in FM06.

I blame my low attention span. I rarely play more than 10 seasons into a game before I get bored and quit.

It sounds better than saying I'm the worst ever Football Manager in the history of Football Managers (which is probably the real truth). icon_biggrin.gif

Don't use that excuse lol,

I'm 11 seasons in, I won 2 trophies in my first season! lol

Won:

Blue Square South Playoffs (Mangotsfield)

Euro 2008 (England)

Eluded me: - where I've entered for the duration of the competition

Blue Square South

Blue Square North

Blue Square Premier

FA Trophy

Setanta Shield

FA Cup (No surprises as I play LLM)

World Cup

I have won -

Premier League 5 times in a row

Champions League Twice with the same team that did the above

FA Cup 3 times (twice with team above)

League Cup twice

UEFA Cup once

Serie A with Milan

Coppa Italia with Milan

La Liga with Valencia

German Cup with Werder Bremen

Blue Square North and Premier

FA Trophy

Im missing some cups from spain, I haven't won french league really because I don't play it.

I started with Cambridge City and then went on to manage England i won

Cambridge:-

Blue Square South

Blue Square Premier

League Two

League One

Championship

FA Cup

Still need to win Premier league & Carling Cup

England:-

World Cup 2018

Euro 2016

I'd say this is a pretty good FM Career

I still haven't won the Euro Cup, but due to CL participation haven't had a chance except for my first season. I've started a few saves with FC Bayern since 8.0.0 and always get dumped out of it in the QF no matter who the opposition are icon_mad.gif Have a chance this coming season as I just finsihed 5th with VFB Stuttgart.

Archived