The Glenn Hoddle Academy

Just wondering if you guys reckon something like the Glenn Hoddle Academy should be included in FM 2010 or a future FM? For those who don't know the academy picks up young players who get released by clubs and can't get a contract anywhere else. Hoddle trials them and if they show potential he takes them over to Spain where they get world class coaching and play loads of friendlies. Players like Ikechi Anya got signed for Sevilla after spending time with the academy and Lino Gonclaves and Dave Cowley got signed by Recreativo de Huelva FC. I think it could be done as like a non playable club or as an extension of the Nation trialist games. It would just add more realism to the world and give more players a chance of staying in the game and improving, I've noticed a ton of players retire in FM 09 at young ages. What do you guys think?

There is also an academy in France called Clairefontaine, separate from all league. It is famous for producing Anelka, Henry, Obertan, among others. According to the db, the club has a rep of 5000! And, former Liverpool manager Gerrard Houllier is their General Manager.

yea true SASI, AIS all them are included. you would just have to give it fairly decent reputation to either keep coaches or attract new ones. i think it would have to tie in with what other people saying though where the AI would have to be improved so it tries to organise more friendly tournaments and tours because the idea of the academies is to get these players match experience and stuff

I can't see why there would be problems as the academy system in Australia is included in the game without hiccups, no?

The AIS, VIS, NSWIS and the other states sports institutes are included in the game but dont work as they should.

They dont produce or recruit new players, which practically means they're pointless to have in the game.

So I think it would be best to not have a Glenn Hoddle style academy considering SI cant get the Australian youth academies working correctly.

But then again I think SI like to avoid getting issues correct when it comes to Australia and Asia. ie Youth League and Asian Champions League.

I'd love to see this in the game, could be extremely useful for players managing a club on a budget.

yea that's why i thought it could be useful, i usually like to manage small teams on a budget and going there to get players who've still been playing and training would be good

As [DTK] FiiRE said, it would be very difficult to implement in the game... but if it was able to be done well, this would be an amazing addition. Unfortunately as others said, it would just be nearly impossible to ensure that (1) coaches and managers stay there and that a decent replacement is found should they be lured away or retire and (2) that sufficiently good young players are generated and signed, and want to go/stay there

Archived