Unusual Transfer

For many seasons I had a particular ST shortlisted. I never bought him as i never needed him. But the oppertunity came up to sign him on a free transfer when he had less than six months left on his contract. In April he turned down a contract from his current club and signed for me. The transfer went through in the summer. By the following Jan I figured I didn't need him so I offered him out for transfer. The only club to bid was his original club. The tranfer went through and I made 7.5 mill from the club who I took the ST from originally.

I had a similar thing with a transfer listed attacking mid/ striker playing in Spain. Signed him for £6 million, and sold him a year later after less than 20 games for £25 million - back to the same Galacticos who owned him before :D

I've had similar transfers, not on the same scale because I don't tend to play big money leagues. I bought a guy from Steaua Bucharest for £65k, and two seasons later when he demanded a move to a bigger club, they bought him back for £1.6m.

Going off-topic slightly, but does anyone else get really curious when people avoid player-naming? I'm desperate to find out who it was now! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep! Quick come back and tell us who it was!

I'm not too bothered about player naming, unless it's off potential superstars e.g.: To Madiera etc. (can I do that, now CM01/02 is near obselete???)

Going off-topic slightly, but does anyone else get really curious when people avoid player-naming? I'm desperate to find out who it was now! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep! Quick come back and tell us who it was!

I understand why players on here shouldn't be named, but some people really go to great lengths to avoid player naming, even if its blantantly obvious who the player is, for example: "The Czech keeper with the hat", "The Portuguese winker" etc!

The time between the two transfers was only 6 months so I was surprised but when I think about I suppose the original club didn't want to lose him in the first place as they had offered him a new contract the day he signed for me.

As for the ST name, I don't want to be banned from the forums for PLAYER NAMING.

You won't be banned for playing naming. The player naming thing only comes into play if you're spoiling aspects of the game. Which this probably wouldn't be. And it's not like we'd ban you anyway :)

If you're worried about it, just use spoiler tags to cover up the name. To use spoiler tags put {SPOILER} {/SPOILER} around the text you want to cover up. Replace the curly brackets with square brackets.

Robbie Keane returned to his old club.

I think in FM what happens is that the player is listed in the clubs 'favourites' so they are likely to be the first to bid for him.

I've been using FMRTE to put the players transferred in the current window with their new clubs; many of them return after 6 months to the original club - eg Michael Owen has just returned from ManU to Newcastle!

Wow, I never tought there would be such a buzz around the mystery player. I suppose time has come to announce his name.

The player in question is

Henri Saivet from Bordeaux.

He is a promising AMC but I didn't really need an AMC.

Still I made 7.5mill off him and he was only in the squad for 6 months and never made an appearance.

Wow, I never tought there would be such a buzz around the mystery player. I suppose time has come to announce his name.

The player in question is

Henri Saivet from Bordeaux.

He is a promising AMC but I didn't really need an AMC.

Still I made 7.5mill off him and he was only in the squad for 6 months and never made an appearance.

AMC?! He can turn into a dam fine striker, and be used on the wings if needed

Archived