Declare Interest in Job

does declaring interest in another job make much or any difference?

i keep plugging away, trying to unsettle Guardiola at Barca, and i'm considered a leading candidate, but not much else happens...

plus, i WAS on my club's favoured personell list, now i'm not.

do you think this is due to me declaring an interest elsewhere?

is it worth declaring an interest, or should you just wait until someone is fired?

cheers

It's worked out well for me before. There have been a few occasions when the manager has been sacked as soon as i've declared an interest and i've been offered the job. Usually for lower rep jobs though, not the likes of Barcelona.

PS, I would never do it more than once for the same job.

i've done it for quite a few jobs over my 7year career, and the Bristol City board always get funny and say they're gonna get rid of me, but they're a bunch of p*ssies.

Steve Lansdown would NEVER fire me, i AM Bristol City.

If it weren't for me, they'd be nothing.

Premier League champions, thats right.

don't know what my point was there.

Like Brian Shanahan said, analyse the form. If there's a chance Pep might get sacked, declare. But if Barca are just going through a slump in form, don't bother, it'll only annoy your board.

If they are going through a slump in form then his poisition will be insecure, if it is very insecure/precarious then it is fair to say that he might get sacked. No need to analyse the table tbh.

If they are going through a slump in form then his poisition will be insecure, if it is very insecure/precarious then it is fair to say that he might get sacked. No need to analyse the table tbh.

The reason why I say look at the form is that sometimes the manager could be pulling out of the slump and the position of the board has not yet changed. It's great fun getting a manager who has p**sed you off sacked and then thumbing your nose at the job.

The reason why I say look at the form is that sometimes the manager could be pulling out of the slump and the position of the board has not yet changed.

Even so, it's unusual that you would a manager with anything other than "insecure" pulling his team out of a slump and you really shouldn't be declaring an interest in "insecure" jobs. By the time a manager becomes "very insecure" their position is almost impossible to improve, the only hope they have is that the board give them until the end of season and it might improve then, but it's very unlikely that they would be "very insecure" and on their way to "insecure", without a drastic change in form.

The reason why I say look at the form is that sometimes the manager could be pulling out of the slump and the position of the board has not yet changed. It's great fun getting a manager who has p**sed you off sacked and then thumbing your nose at the job.

I'm far too concerned about my club loyalty stat to try that...

The other manager might get sacked if he is at least very insecure and if you would be a great candidate.

In any case your board will be unhappy about disloyalty and may even sack you in case of continued declarations of interest to dofferent clubs. Even if you ARE Bristol City ;) it will only allow you for one or two extra declarations before that happens and your disappearance from the fav personnel page definitely IS caused by that.

Archived