FM2010 Scouting Idea

What id like to be able to do in FM2010 is tell my scouts what kind of player i'm looking for and then the scout come back with a list of players available.

Example:- I tell my scout I would like to sign a goalkeeper, for max 5 million, from england.

I would then get a list of english goalkeepers who would cost of up to5 million (not there value but the scouts perception of how much you would need to pay for the player)

It would just save time having to configure reports if i could get them more specific to start with. It would also mean the reports would come quicker, as the scout is focusing on one position, and also more relevant to me. If i have 6 world class strikers, i dont need more scout to waste time looking at strikers. (unless they are unbelievable and better than the 6 i already have!)

no i dont want to filter a report, i want to sent my scouts specifically to search for players that can play in certain positions.

if i send my scouts to search brazil for example, it could be a month before i get even 1 gk that would appear in his report. If i tell the scout to just search for goalkeepers I could get the report that I want.

no i dont want to filter a report, i want to sent my scouts specifically to search for players that can play in certain positions.

if i send my scouts to search brazil for example, it could be a month before i get even 1 gk that would appear in his report. If i tell the scout to just search for goalkeepers I could get the report that I want.

You can tell him to do that already. You've misunderstood ppa. You can give the scouts filters before they start their search. Then they'll only report on 17 year old right wing backs with 1 for anticipation.

What I'd really like though is to give the scout some key attributes you want the player to have. Sure, you can say that you want a forward, but in real life you look for player types, say a fast forward, a target man, etc. This kind of stuff is something I really miss and it's something that you can't live without in real football. You don't tell your scout that you want a defender, you demand a defender that is tall with good heading skills and that is comfortable with the ball on the ground, for example.

What I'd really like though is to give the scout some key attributes you want the player to have. Sure, you can say that you want a forward, but in real life you look for player types, say a fast forward, a target man, etc. This kind of stuff is something I really miss and it's something that you can't live without in real football. You don't tell your scout that you want a defender, you demand a defender that is tall with good heading skills and that is comfortable with the ball on the ground, for example.

Again, you can do exactly that with the filter. Ask for a central defender aged 18-25, min attributes jump 15, heading 15, composure 12 etc etc.

I've never been sure of this myself and have seen conflicting information.

I presume if you filter the orders when you send the scout this is the same as filtering the results that come back.

If so then the two main questions I have are:

A) If you give him orders like this would he find more of this type of player compared with just sending him with no orders/filtering?

B) If you sent him out in the real world with these orders would you expect him to ignore other talent he comes across in other postitions?

Agreed, you can do this already within your scouting reports. It does list the min/max asking price for each player scouted.

But, from a user experience point of view, I see what the original poster is after. Something less fiddly.

Fiddling is rarely a good thing.

I've never been sure of this myself and have seen conflicting information.

I presume if you filter the orders when you send the scout this is the same as filtering the results that come back.

If so then the two main questions I have are:

A) If you give him orders like this would he find more of this type of player compared with just sending him with no orders/filtering?

B) If you sent him out in the real world with these orders would you expect him to ignore other talent he comes across in other postitions?

Not 'A', no. The filter screens out all the players you're not interested in. Otherwise your scout report list gets clogged up with hundreds of players you don't want to consider.

If you want a scout to find MORE of a certain type of player, I believe he needs full knowledge of that country AND ... high DETERMINATION.

I reckon a scout with DET 1 sits at home with his FM database and files reports on that!

Yes, so its basically just a filter which is the way I use it now.

I think the OP was wanting something more specific but I'm not sure how much benefit that would be, perhaps being able to select a position and the scout would return a higher % of players in that position compared to a blank search.

Again, you can do exactly that with the filter. Ask for a central defender aged 18-25, min attributes jump 15, heading 15, composure 12 etc etc.

No, you can't. You can search for players like that, but you can't tell your scout to search for fast wingers or tall goal keepers.

Archived