Fm2010 - Media needs revamping!

after 10 seasons in charge at leeds i have got bored of the game.

why? simply because of the media.

in this topic i would like to talk about the media, it would be easy to nit pick things i dislike about the game etc and talk about 3d needs improving or tactics sliders don't make things very clear at times.

so..one of my main gripes with the game is the media, i was overjoyed when i heard we now have press confrences in the game, but after about a week i was so bored, the same questions, the same answers, i now just send assistant, for me it's like sigames almost knew people would get bored of this feature quick thats why they put that button there. it feel press confrences need about another 1000 questions/answers added and more options, if it's going to stay the same you may as well scrap it, no one enjoys this feature no more.

now onto my second proplem, when i retire from leeds, or cameroon after winning world cup or getting promotions and winning league and champions league etc i hardly get ANY appreciaction messages in my inbox, if and when sir alex steps down from man utd im sure it'll be in the papers for at least a week, talking about his achivements, his best/worst singings, key moments (bayern munich 2-1, treble winning etc) i feel no emotion when i leave a team and i feel its a major let down, so boring when you quit

when a player retires, i'd also like a testimontiol and some highlights of maybe his best goals, assists, or just to talk about key games he played in, games he scored a hat-trick and got a rating for 9.8 or turned the champions league final around, i got a player in my team (mascio) whos been with me since league 1 and played nearly every game im now in 2019 i refuse to drop him hes so good anyway and hes club captain i no when he does retire its going to be so boring and yet again no emotion to what is a legend

im also getting bored of the same big teams rumoured to want to buy my players but never put bids in then unsettling them, this is another annoying aspect, they should either bid, or stop hassling, fair enough it happens sometimes but its repedaditive.

when i signed a big name player can't we have a press confrence for him, ronaldo to real madrid? and have the satidum sold out show casing the player etc

when i win the league or champions league the same messages come up, i want something different, when man utd win the league the papers don't just print the same thing as last years papers, i would like maybe to see the trophy paraded around the stadium in 3d after the match or bigger celebrations, the team running to the home fans and sliding on their front and to stand on a popdium or something

things like this make the game abit more exciting than just spreadsheet after spreadsheet of data, i think the game obviously will come with a new skin like always, but what i miss is the background being grass or staidums etc, now its just white it no longer feels like a footie game at times i think the game needs more graphics/animation for a game thats now in 2010,

for example when you click on the newspaper icon to see round up of action and rumours, why does this page not actually look like a newspaper so it looks like im reading stuff in a actual newspaper

i feel for fm 2010 they will add these gimmicky features such as press confrence in 2009 which are boring, they overhyped it last year, i feel we'll get improved ME / 3d, new tactics system, new skin, up to date and thats about it, and some silly featyres added, and yet another year of the same media, the same commentry, i do hope i'm wrong

football is all about emotion but at times this game seriously lacks that, after 10 seasons im struggling to carry on playing, i admit i need a new challenge, because every year im now playing the same teams, see the same players etc, but for me the media is making the game very boring i feel im going round in a boring circle.

please take note and do summit si

and whilst im brain storming, when i play a team it would be nice to have the stats from the past meetings on the news inbox before i play them like i got one now saying "leeds and juventus set to clash in european match"

some facts/figures/statistics would be nice or past meetings without having to go into seperate screen

also the same when players/managers retire, facts/figures and statistics should come up in inbox without me having to search around to find it all

''when i signed a big name player can't we have a press confrence for him, ronaldo to real madrid? and have the satidum sold out show casing the player etc''

exactly. well, a lot of your suggestions are reasonable, but this one would be really amazing

I agree. At the moment the media interaction is a joke. I don't think anybody bothers with press conferences after the first few weeks in a job (if at all). For all its detail in terms of the number of players and clubs, the game world seems extremely sterile.

I never really feel the game is engaging with me on a personal level. Everything's facts and figures and no matter what you win you get the same message about fans and club legends being pleased and the board being pleased but not wanting to get carried away. I can understand if Man U win the PL and CL that the board would be pleased but since it's not exactly unexpected there'll be a degree of pragamtism from them. But if Villa or Blackburn win the league after a few seasons I'd expect a completely different reaction from the board.

I agree with the points about players too. Testimonials would be a good idea, as would a little extra info when important players retire. At the moment you can have the bizarre situation where a legend like Maldini retires and it's dealt with in exactly the same way as a no-hoper 22-year old from the reserves who never did enough to secure a professional contract. That can't be right.

At the moment you can get immersed in tactics and training but there's nothing that really makes the game world breathe and feel alive on a more personal level.

great post mike j, agree with every point

the maldini bit is excactly what i mean, that game lacks emotion and the same messages every year when you win the same trophies, it makes the game not worth playing because you know when you get to the end of the season you will see the same messages you saw in the same past seasons and fm fm05,06,07,08 lol seen the same messages about 1000000000 times, its a part of the game that gets ignored every year and i want a change

also post match interviews, if you look at real life and compare it to fm, it doesnt compare, some questions are stupid and the options are very limited.

so..one of my main gripes with the game is the media, i was overjoyed when i heard we now have press confrences in the game, but after about a week i was so bored, the same questions, the same answers, i now just send assistant, for me it's like sigames almost knew people would get bored of this feature quick thats why they put that button there. it feel press confrences need about another 1000 questions/answers added and more options, if it's going to stay the same you may as well scrap it, no one enjoys this feature no more.

I agree, but 1000 more questions, seriously? I'd struggle to come up with another 100 pertinent questions to be asked, without dredging through reptitive "player X transfer" questions.

now onto my second proplem, when i retire from leeds, or cameroon after winning world cup or getting promotions and winning league and champions league etc i hardly get ANY appreciaction messages in my inbox, if and when sir alex steps down from man utd im sure it'll be in the papers for at least a week, talking about his achivements, his best/worst singings, key moments (bayern munich 2-1, treble winning etc) i feel no emotion when i leave a team and i feel its a major let down, so boring when you quit

Definitely agree with this and don't see why it hasn't been added yet. I left a club I was with for 17 years (on FM08) and took over one of their major rivals, not a single thing was said about it.

when a player retires, i'd also like a testimontiol and some highlights of maybe his best goals, assists, or just to talk about key games he played in, games he scored a hat-trick and got a rating for 9.8 or turned the champions league final around, i got a player in my team (mascio) whos been with me since league 1 and played nearly every game im now in 2019 i refuse to drop him hes so good anyway and hes club captain i no when he does retire its going to be so boring and yet again no emotion to what is a legend

It's a no from me, on this one. A testimonial would be cosmetic, at most. You could arrange a friendly and pretend it's a testimonial, plus it would require a hell of a lot of retention of data to show key goals, games etc, not to mention how difficult it would be to code for it to pick his best moments (other than MOM's).

im also getting bored of the same big teams rumoured to want to buy my players but never put bids in then unsettling them, this is another annoying aspect, they should either bid, or stop hassling, fair enough it happens sometimes but its repedaditive.

This happens irl, how many players have Manchester United been linked with this summer? No way should it be removed.

when i signed a big name player can't we have a press confrence for him, ronaldo to real madrid? and have the satidum sold out show casing the player etc

Agree with this.

when i win the league or champions league the same messages come up, i want something different, when man utd win the league the papers don't just print the same thing as last years papers, i would like maybe to see the trophy paraded around the stadium in 3d after the match or bigger celebrations, the team running to the home fans and sliding on their front and to stand on a popdium or something

Again, it's a cosmetic feature that I don't see any point in. A press statement would be nice, but a 3D parade would get just as boring.

but what i miss is the background being grass or staidums etc, now its just white it no longer feels like a footie game at times i think the game needs more graphics/animation for a game thats now in 2010,

Tbf, the standard of fan created skins is excellent and freely available. I don't see the point in SI spending time on creating a variety of skins, when there are so many created by fans.

i feel for fm 2010 they will add these gimmicky features such as press confrence in 2009 which are boring, they overhyped it last year, i feel we'll get improved ME / 3d, new tactics system, new skin, up to date and thats about it, and some silly featyres added, and yet another year of the same media, the same commentry, i do hope i'm wrong

Tbf, it doesn't sit well calling press conferences gimmicky in one breath and asking for a trophy parade in the next :)

another thing which needs edited, every time i play a team i've sold a player too i don't need "player x to face former club"

maybe once a year mention it, but i just played sunderland twice in league and fa cup and it mentioned it every time, now the player is only 21 and if he retires at the age of say 36( 15 seasons)

i see this message between 30-40 times i don't need reminding when he's 30+ he was sold long ago and i don't care, i sold him for a reason, mention it once in a while but every time?

another part of the media let down

I agree with you 100% .. i won every single trophy at least 7 times with Benfica, i won the world cup with Portugal and then just to see what would happen if i retired from football i saved the game and i retired .. the only thing i got was a message saying one or two good things about me and then several names of potential trainers, that was it ..

• 2 months later...

I think the media should learn and adapt to the questions you answer say for example I always get asked about my tactics and approach to the game now i never answer these never have never will so the media should learn that I will never talk about tactics so there is no point asking me it before every single game

after 10 seasons in charge at leeds i have got bored of the game.

why? simply because of the media.

in this topic i would like to talk about the media, it would be easy to nit pick things i dislike about the game etc and talk about 3d needs improving or tactics sliders don't make things very clear at times.

Si games please listen to this man ...I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME

i hate the press conferences there so repetative / there all the same.

they lack so much imagination and need far more responses

cant you make it so that the press conferances are for only games of signifigant importance

could you not programm the game so that as you go on the game will unlock new media and comments that you have never seen. for example you win prem 1 year ,5 years later completly different responses and messages when you win it this time. By leavin an element of suprise and by mixing it up .changing it as the game winds on you could make it much more appealing ... how about 15 years in a player dies ,20 years on a stand is named after your legendary player, 25 years on new stadium named after you ..30 years on knighthood.

mix the youth systems up every few years a suprise like...2 brothers coming through the youth ranks..... get invited to a jouniour football tournament....some brand new lads from your feeder club in brazil have been sent to train with you during pre season to look at.

all these things will work perfectly... if they are not repetitive and continuous...like i say something different every few years that you dont even know is coming would be excellent for the game.

i would also like to see more emotion placed on selling your legendary players or if they retire....look along the lines of testimonials and henrick larsson supporters clubs ect..

and there should be a great fuss if you as a legendary manager steps down ,,,,you should be flooded by the media players ex legend fans ect ..it would be great.

also a smill animation under the same vain as the match engine would be nice if you win something...even if it only lasted 60secs you could have 100 of these different celebratory animations just waiting to appear at randomn parts of the game

this would vastly improve the game..please consider these ideas

Archived