Arshavin needs to be upgraded-ALOT

so many last minute goals, so much creative flair and brilliance and I never have seen him make the wrong decision on the field.

Flair should go up to 18, determination 20, finishing to 17, and decisions 20, atleast.

Just yesterday vs athletico madrid he scored the go ahead 85th minute, athletico equalizes, and 90th mminute Arshavin scores the winner. Why did he get so shafted in FM09. In his half season in the prem hes already proved himself as one of the top players in England.

I never have seen him make the wrong decision on the field.

That's abit over exaggerated don't you think? No player is perfect and I'm sure Arshavin has made some mistakes playing for Arsenal (I assume that is what you are judging him on).

I think his stats in FM09 are pretty fair to be honest. If he was given the increases you are talking about it would make him one of the best players in the game which would be unrealistic as he isn't one of the best players in the world irl.

I don't know about specific stats and all that, but there's no question he should be upgraded. In FM09 he rarely gets a game for Arsenal, while in real life he is Arsenal's best, most productive, and most important player. 6 goals and 11 assists in 14 appearances.

Adebayor and Carlos Vela world beaters and Arshavin bench warmer? Hmm!

He is a good player on 09, as he is IRL.

Maybe a slight tweak to improve him, would be beneficial and make it more realistic but it isn't exactly a game-breaker.

If it is destroying your game so badly, then you could always use the editor to change him.

That's abit over exaggerated don't you think? No player is perfect and I'm sure Arshavin has made some mistakes playing for Arsenal (I assume that is what you are judging him on).

I think his stats in FM09 are pretty fair to be honest. If he was given the increases you are talking about it would make him one of the best players in the game which would be unrealistic as he isn't one of the best players in the world irl.

For Zenit, Russia and Arsenal he has always been the best player on the field. However in FM09 even Robin Van Persie and Carlos Vela are better than Arshavin, when in reality, Arshavin is arsenal's best player even better than Fabregas.

And I thought Arshavin already proved he was one of the best players in the world with his Euro 2008 dominating performance and top level consistency in the premierleague

He is a good player on 09, as he is IRL.

Maybe a slight tweak to improve him, would be beneficial and make it more realistic but it isn't exactly a game-breaker.

If it is destroying your game so badly, then you could always use the editor to change him.

yes he is a game breaker. Did you forget his 4 goals vs liverpool? Did you know about his 2 goals in the last 5 minutes for arsenal yesterday vs athletico? Did you see him singlehandedly destroy Holland in Euro 2008?

You have to be careful upgrading someone alot as Arshavin doesnt score that many goals in real life, he was awesome in the euro's and scored 4 against Liverpool but his record at Zenit was 51 in 238 games if he gets upgraded too much he will score too many goals.

yes he is a game breaker. Did you forget his 4 goals vs liverpool? Did you know about his 2 goals in the last 5 minutes for arsenal yesterday vs athletico? Did you see him singlehandedly destroy Holland in Euro 2008?

If he was truly a game breaker he would have played a lot more than 12 games last season for Arsenal, who were in dire straits (both with injuries and form) when he came to them last January. Also the game against Atletico was only a challenge match, where performance really means nothing in terms of actual ability.

If he was truly a game breaker he would have played a lot more than 12 games last season for Arsenal, who were in dire straits (both with injuries and form) when he came to them last January. Also the game against Atletico was only a challenge match, where performance really means nothing in terms of actual ability.

The reason he didnt play alot for Arsenal was because he was struggling for fitness and adapting to the English game. Wenger didnt want to throw him in at the deep end he chose to ease him in and im sure he will be a first teamer for Arsenal this year!

he only didnt play because he wasnt fit, he sat out half a season at zenit before coming to arsenal

difference is he is consistent or has been for arsenal at least and towards the end of last season he was there stand out player, he started to look a bit like their Henry number 2. difference is its not about upgrading stats ive had players that statistically look crap but perform and do what they need to, to win the match which is what arshavin does. you can have all the stats but play rubbish so as long as he is consistent i think his stats should be true in form and not just 20 on this and that because he has scored 4 goals in one game. i mean if darren bent scores a hattrick should we give him 20 for finishing?

All player attributes are subject to opinion. His attributes will have been set by the Arsenal researcher, so if you have an issue, post it in the Data Issues thread.

Actually, his attributes were set by a Russia or Zenit researcher.

Help me with FM: how can you expect his performances with Arsenal to be included? He joined them on the 2nd of Feb, and the last data update came out about two weeks later!

For Zenit, Russia and Arsenal he has always been the best player on the field. However in FM09 even Robin Van Persie and Carlos Vela are better than Arshavin, when in reality, Arshavin is arsenal's best player even better than Fabregas.

And I thought Arshavin already proved he was one of the best players in the world with his Euro 2008 dominating performance and top level consistency in the premierleague

Spot on.

Even in his 20 minute cameo for Zenit in the Super Cup last season, he was the best player on the pitch, he tore United apart.

Arshavin is Arsenal's best player and his attributes should reflect this(they probably will). What people will realise this season is that he is right up there with best in the world. However, his poor stamina will hinder him sometimes and it is yet to be seen if he can handle a full English season.

Whoo, let's all get a little overexcited!

Let's see how he does in a full season first. I'm pretty sure Liverpool will actually defend the next time they meet Arshavin, and Arshavin being shut down entirely by Liverpool is not out of the question. I'm sure we'll then jump to conclusions and boost Carragher's CA by around 100 points and make Arshavin into the new Caleb Folan.

Whoo, let's all get a little overexcited!

All I'm saying is that his performances last season deserve a slight improvement. I'm not demanding that he's made into the best player in the game but he is a better player than Fabregas(this coming from an Arsenal fan who loves Cesc ;))

Archived