Anyone else gone back to fm07, are there any updates for it?

Hi guys,

Ive had enough of fm2009, tried my hardest to get into it but its far too random, you never feel like your really in control. One week you can beat the top team, next week get beat by the bottom team etc. Its very random, and to be honest i own fm2008 aswell and i also thought that was pretty much the same, far too random and felt like id get the same results tinkering about as if i just sat back and watched with standard formations and random players.

3d isnt a gamebreaker for me, although i have grown to like the 2d interface so cm0102 is not really somthing id go back to .

Ive gone back to cm0304 with the latest data updates from the turk guys which i think is pretty much perfect as a manager game goes, but i do miss the interface and a few little extras of fm07.

So i reinstalled fm07 but cant find a decent data update anywhere, anyone know of any?

I really hope SI take a few steps backward for fm2010!

Ric,

I have had all the same frustrations as you. As hard as I try, I have been unable to get any level of control over 09 or 08. I don't want anything easy and am happy to spend many hours on one game ( record over 25 days playing time on one life), but the earlier versions did appear to reward good management decisions over time. The last three (09,08, and 07) have not and seem to be set up to frustrate users into submission. If I make mistakes I expect to be penalised but equally I would expect consistent sensible management to be rewarded. Personally I found 07 better than the later two versions and certainly the ME was more realistic but it was still incredibly random compared to say 03/04 (which though hugely lacking in features by comparison to the newer releases was very playable and built on common sense rather than micro tactics). I say this to you because I made the mistake of going back to 07 and wasted four or five months of my life before concluding that whilst better than the two later versions it was still nowhere as enjoyable as earlier games ( including 99/00 !! ).

FM07 is the best! I play FM/CM since CM2, and this year is the fist time I went back for an older version. I loved the 3D but there are too many useless features on it. I didn't enjoy 08 as well. FM07 interface is great, I don't know why SI didn't keep that interface as an option. I play 07 with original database, but you could try this site:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/2007/utilities/section/334/Data%20Updates

• 3 weeks later...

Archived