Can You Have A Son or Sons?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard about this but is it possible?

And what are the chances of having a son?

Yes its possible, I've never had one despite averaging around 40 seasons over 3-4 saves each FM.

An estimate was given by an SI member of staff last year but I can't remember if it was 1,000/1 or 10,000/1?

I believe they appear in the youth squad of your current club, and you'll automatically be in his favoured personnel.

I think someone worked out that they were managing in Holland when his son was born, and his birthplace was near the Portuguese team, so it's not perfect, but a really cool feature I hope to come across one day...

He'll have the same surname as you, be formed at your current clubs youth academy and have you in his favoured personnel.

This is where it comes in useful to have a really odd or uncommon surname rather than Smith or Jones.

Yes its possible, I've never had one despite averaging around 40 seasons over 3-4 saves each FM.

An estimate was given by an SI member of staff last year but I can't remember if it was 1,000/1 or 10,000/1?

Same here, it is something I've always wanted to see in my game.

Just out of interest, what age does your manager start as? Mine always starts as my real age (29) and I'm sure that all the reports of sons I've heard have been from managers who started older than that.

Same here, it is something I've always wanted to see in my game.

Just out of interest, what age does your manager start as? Mine always starts as my real age (29) and I'm sure that all the reports of sons I've heard have been from managers who started older than that.

I usually picked a random birthdate to start.

This is usually around 31/32 at the youngest upto around 40 at the oldest at the start of each save.

Has anyone actually seen someone have a son with a really uncommon name though, I've seen people with son's, but imo it all seems to be a matter of when someone comes through your academy with your surname and by chance have you in their favoured personnel as well.

Wrong, I proved this when I had a son come through my academy at Benfica with the surname "van der Veenstraat" (not a name, but the name of a street in Amsterdam), which can only have been derived from my manager name.

I had Dutch nationality and was managing Benfica at the time, so he came through with a Dutch name (well no Portuguese anyway) and Dutch as his second nationality. His first nationality was Portuguese, although going by his birth date, I was managing Ajax at the time, so he should really have had Dutch as his primary (and only) nationality.

I think someone worked out that they were managing in Holland when his son was born, and his birthplace was near the Portuguese team, so it's not perfect, but a really cool feature I hope to come across one day...
Wrong, I proved this when I had a son come through my academy at Benfica with the surname "van der Veenstraat" (not a name, but the name of a street in Amsterdam), which can only have been derived from my manager name.

I had Dutch nationality and was managing Benfica at the time, so he came through with a Dutch name (well no Portuguese anyway) and Dutch as his second nationality. His first nationality was Portuguese, although going by his birth date, I was managing Ajax at the time, so he should really have had Dutch as his primary (and only) nationality.

There we go, this is the one I was referring to

My son is called Marc, which isn't a rare name but the spelling of it with a "c" instead of a "k" is quite rare.

No it isnt. Thats how my first name is spelt. There were 3 other Marc's in my year at school. I also have a very good friend (who wasnt at the same school as me (nor in my year)) who has the same name. :D

If I had a son come through and his name was Barry or something, I would disown him.

However, if I had a son come through and his name was Excelsior or Cherno, I would play him every week. And pretend to be him on a Sunday.

And I'm sure I'm not alone.

I finally had one for Liverpool. He's got rubbish stats but that doesn't matter, I could still give him a run in cups since I could play with 10 men and still win against lower league sides. Then I realised of all positions.... he was a goalkeeper.

I finally had one for Liverpool. He's got rubbish stats but that doesn't matter, I could still give him a run in cups since I could play with 10 men and still win against lower league sides. Then I realised of all positions.... he was a goalkeeper.

GUTTED... Better make sure you play ur 1st team in the cups then with him in goal... Im jealous, I want a son in the game!

The temptation to use a third party editor would take hold if this was the case, your luck to finally get one, and then hes rubbish just sucks. Blame it on the wife's genes

I've just had a son come through on FM. His name's Adam. He has Finnish nationality though as I'm playing in Finland with British 2nd nationality. He's also pretty good for the Finnish leagues luckily.

Can you upload a screenshot of him and how good he is. I believe and everything but i want to see how good he is.

Sure, here's my son Marc :D Great record at the tender age of 18 :D And he's got the potential to far exceed the ability of my leading goalscorer Bernard Brennan :eek: Looking at Brennan's history, 134 goals in 3 seasons, Marc could be absolubtly insane :eek: And 2 England Caps at 18 as well!

I'm still not convinced that this happens. I've been wanting a son to come through for years now, and have played many long term games in that time. Although my surname isn't that uncommon I'm always the only person in my database with that surname, and I'm yet to even see a player/staff member be created with my surname, let alone one who comes through my own academy with me as favoured personnel.

Since there has never been any conformation from SI that this is in fact in the game I think it's a myth, and cases like robzillas are just conicidence. Until I'm told officially, or I fianlly get a bloody son to appear in my own game, I won't be changing my mind.

Archived