[FM09] S.S. Lazio - The biancocelesti.

Precision

Hi and welcome to my first ever post, I've been playing this save recently and really enjoying it as I usually just stick to managing in England so it's something different. I was inspired to write about it after reading a lot of your amazing careers (although I still have some to read!). :)

This will be played on Football Manager 2009 on the 9.3.0 patch with the following leagues running:

• England - Championship and Above.
  • France - Ligue 1 Only.
  • Italy - Serie B and Above.
  • Holland - Eredivisie Only.
  • Scotland - Premier League Only.
  • Spain - La Liga Only.

180px-SS_Lazio.png

8th of July 2008:

Lazio confirmed that manager Delio Rossi had been relieved of his duties as Manager after 3 seasons at the club, the disappointing 12th place position last season the reason for his departure. On the same day his successor was announced, 30 year-old (I wish it would let you be younger) Englishmen “Precision”, the ex-England international made 46 appearances for England and this will be his first shot at management since a knee injury ended his career. Despite his Managerial inexperience and inability to speak Italian there is a quiet optimism among the S.S. Lazio fans at his appointment.

180px-SS_Lazio.png

2008/09

Media Prediction: 11th.

Board Expectation: Top Half Finish.

Transfers: 1

Made a good profit in transfers as I sold deadwood who were ageing and not up to standards of this great club. In came good youngsters in positions we needed at good prices. Santon + Mattock are players I like in real life and often buy but the others were new to me. Appiah made 5 sub appearences had become unhappy and then Napoli offered £3mil :D.

Serie A: 6th | Graph

Going into the season I had set myself a target of a top 10 as I knew this squad needed rebuilding however the extremely impressive performances of both first team strikers Pandev and Rocchi, all first choice midfielders and Carrizo in goal (who I had never heard of before) lead to us to a cool 6th place and European football next season. We we're clear of the rest of the pack yet to far away from the top 5 but very impressive nonetheless.

Italian Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

Dispatched of Serie B Pisa comfortably yet we fell two round below the target of the Quarter-finals requested as Palermo stole the win in an even game which I though we edged despite being away.

Best XI:

Aims for next season:

• Top 6 finish again.
  • Continue rebuilding squad.

Thanks, I was quite lucky with injuries that first season, the second season however was a completely different story. I had to have two goalkeepers on the bench several times to fill it if I wanted to only use the first team squad, which included two players that had come in the youth intake at the start of that season anyway. Even more frustrating was that it would either be all my left sided players or all my right sided players rather than a mix. :thdn:

Archived