Fifa 10 vs FM 2010

Now online I've seen that they are due to be released on the same day, and in theory that would bring a great debate onto which one to play first? I have an xbox and computer in the same room so I guess I'd install fm whilst starting a manager mode on fifa but then when it's loaded and fifa's up and running too I wouldn't know which one to concentrate on more, which one would you dedicate your time to first?

I have since read on this forum that infact fm 2010 hasn't actually got a release date and that play.com are estimating, maybe that's the same for fifa10, i don't know. I'm presuming if you like to manage football teams you like to play with them and there's no point starting a pro evo vs fifa debate cos everyone on here strives for a realistic game so I'm thinking the greater perecentage of you guys are in favour of the realistic fifa :D

So hypothetically. . . if they were released on the same day what would you do?

You're asking on a Football Manager forum. What do you think the answer will be?

Fair point, but I happen to like fifa just as much really, I would have thought there would be more people the same to be honest. I'm hoping they are both released on October 2nd, well I hope FM2010 is because I'm going away to florida for 2 and half weeks shortly after and will need something to do on the plane :D

FIFA is a good game but, as usual in those types of games, all teams below the top divisions are hugely neglected. Football Manager actually gives a damn about realism and that's why I'll always play it.

Also, FM dots > FIFA graphics.

I've got no interest in playing FIFA/PES, so it will be FM without a doubt for me.

same

I fail to see the point of them tbh.

The realism is what makes FM, and its just not there in arcade style games like FIFA and PES

You can't really compare those two games. VERY different kind of games due to gameplay differences (turn-based vs. real-time) :) Would be like comparing Civilization and StarCraft :)

But yeah, as mentioned earlier: the obvious choice on this forum? FM! :D

Well i will probably buy both and if they are released at the same time i will take a vacation :). It all depends whether they are going to use DRM again. In that case im only going to buy FIFA and save some money. :)

I was a PES man for years until a mate insisted I play FIFA 09. I've never looked back. FIFA 09 is an excellent game. But it's like comparing apples and bananas, yes their both fruit but they are not the same.

Yes FIFA and FM are both Football games, but they exist in totally different worlds...

I play FM as a long running hobby trying different challenges and getting deeply immersed in every aspect of the game. FIFA is a Friday night mess about with my mates.

You can't really take FIFA manager mode seriously when I've just signed half the Everton team for my Derry City squad.

Oh and I've just signed a highly rated youngster outside the transfer window!

Ach... I give FIFA (and in many ways PES) it's due, cuz as an on the pitch footy game it's second to none...

But FM is something completely different.

I was a PES man for years until a mate insisted I play FIFA 09. I've never looked back. FIFA 09 is an excellent game. But it's like comparing apples and bananas, yes their both fruit but they are not the same.

Yes FIFA and FM are both Football games, but they exist in totally different worlds...

I play FM as a long running hobby trying different challenges and getting deeply immersed in every aspect of the game. FIFA is a Friday night mess about with my mates.

You can't really take FIFA manager mode seriously when I've just signed half the Everton team for my Derry City squad.

Oh and I've just signed a highly rated youngster outside the transfer window!

Ach... I give FIFA (and in many ways PES) it's due, cuz as an on the pitch footy game it's second to none...

But FM is something completely different.

yeah the manager mode was a bit crazy i'll probably pick up both FIFA and PES this year

In 2005 FM and Pro Evo came out on the same day, and I naturally got both at the same time. I think I loaded Pro Evo up on the PS2 and FM on the PC at the same time and alternated.

Archived