FM 2008 editor

Could anyone tell me about if you can edit the game via data editor to play in the leagues below the conference north/south, the Isthmian, southern and northern premier leagues on football manager 2008 as i want a REAL financial challenge.

Sorry if my post is 1. Badly punctuated. 2. Badly Spelled or 3. In the wrong thread.

Conference south is the lowest league you can play. If you want to play as a team below this league then I think the only way to do it would be to swap the teams around using an edt file. You can find out more about edt files by looking in the editors hideaway.

You have a few options, depending upon what exactly you want to do, as follows:

1) You could use the editor to swap a step 3 club with a BSS or BSN club.

2) You could make a 'swap' file to swap all BSS clubs, for instance, with Isthmian Premier League clubs. You'd effectively have Isthmian PL clubs in the BSS but this would be one way of playing that division.

3) You could just play as normally but load all players from step 3 (and step 4 if you want) clubs so that those clubs have players in the game. This is what I tend to do when I start in the Blue Square South. I have a DDT file, which automatically loads players from all step 3 and 4 clubs at the beginning of a new game.

At the moment, as the others have pointed out, there is no way to play as a club below step 2, which is a shame. A lot of people, like myself, hope that SI will do something about this in the future. It is worth pointing out, however, that most step 3 clubs are researched and have players and staff. Even step 4 and some step 5 clubs mostly have some players and staff in the database.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

C.

You have a few options, depending upon what exactly you want to do, as follows:

1) You could use the editor to swap a step 3 club with a BSS or BSN club.

2) You could make a 'swap' file to swap all BSS clubs, for instance, with Isthmian Premier League clubs. You'd effectively have Isthmian PL clubs in the BSS but this would be one way of playing that division.

I'd go with the second option. Making an edt file with the "SWAP_TEAMS" command is much easier I think than using the editor where you could easily make a mistake that might be difficult to fix. If you use an edt file you can simply get the game to ignore the file by going to preferences if you no longer want to use the changes you've made.

Archived