Ideas and Suggestions for FM 2010

Thought I'd start a thread for forum members to add to with their ideas and suggestions for what we would like to see in FM 2010.

I'll start with:-

1) Clubs change their kits for many reasons so with this in mind I'd like to see an option to edit kit designs and colours within saved games, this could have an effect on marketing and finance.

2) Can more be done with the stadiums in terms of improving the appearance and showing of fans in team colours with scarfs and shirts etc.

Suggestions for future versions

Individual ideas on one subject should be posted in their own topic. Please name your topics sensibly and give an indication of what it is about. If you want to list ideas then please use this Wishlist topic. You can view some current suggestions here.

PS: It's a no on the stadium thing for me. I'm worried that FM10 won't work on my PC without adding even more, kinda unnecessary, graphical detail.

your point one I don't think can be done because of contractual reasons I think.

I would like more indepth into finances where every pound is spent etc.

Also I would like the editor to be expanded ie more things editable and create your own league.

there is loads I just can't think right now. :)

I think the sponsorship feature should be expanded to include names of companys rather than just saying theres is a sponsorship deal for X amount of money

Would you be happy to pay more for FM to cover the cost of having to pay these companies to use their names??

Would you be happy to pay more for FM to cover the cost of having to pay these companies to use their names??

I was going to say that, but then I thought it might be considered advertising, so....

Not sure what way they would work it. Not a feature i'm interested in anyway.

I'm not keen on any of these suggestions tbh. The issue Cougar mentions on paying royalties is true.

Stadiums would stretch the min specs even further, as well as the time it takes to load matches.

Clubs changing their kit has a lot that could go wrong with it...

Something that is said a lot is ... it is a football management game and the managers dont design the kits, so having an option to edit kits is not part of football management.

A lot of managers don't deal with transfers, these days, so....

Not that designing kits is a good idea, just that "it's called football manager" is a bad argument.

They could use fake company names, giving them an importance rank. So you could be approached by a worldwide company called Brixton, or a local company called Spencer & Sons, based on the reputation of your team and the competitions which will take part to.

Apart from the annual fee they pay to you they could offer you extra bonuses (as you win Champions' League or World Club Championship, for instance) as it would give more prestige to the brand.

They could use fake company names, giving them an importance rank. So you could be approached by a worldwide company called Brixton, or a local company called Spencer & Sons, based on the reputation of your team and the competitions which will take part to.

Apart from the annual fee they pay to you they could offer you extra bonuses (as you win Champions' League or World Club Championship, for instance) as it would give more prestige to the brand.

Indeed and its a road that some other games developers have taken.

For it to be worthwhile though sponsorship in general would need to be expanded so there were benefits & perhaps even targets for different deals.

Once you start down that road people would say its not a football managers decision and SI would be better spending development time on other areas.

Archived