Ten years on

Sitting here, three sheets to the wind on boxing day and happy as the preverbial pig following Aston Villa's unbeleiveable performance today against Cheslki, I am just about to finish season 2017/2018 and thought I would add to Chelski's woes by showing you all the latest standings in my save game.

I have done pretty well {Just secured my 7th title on the bounce and am looking to defend the champions league for a 4th consecutive time} and am enjoying the game very much...I must say that I have laughed lots at the incompetence of some posters on this site and generally I do not tend to post ..I am more of a watch and learn type of forum member on here.

Anyway...and apologies for my grammer...as i said, 3 sheets and all...

This does not make pretty reading for Liverpool either and I am about to scavenge them for their best players now they are down!!

84440230iz5.th.jpg

Sitting here, three sheets to the wind on boxing day and happy as the preverbial pig following Aston Villa's unbeleiveable performance today against Cheslki, I am just about to finish season 2017/2018 and thought I would add to Chelski's woes by showing you all the latest standings in my save game.

I have done pretty well {Just secured my 7th title on the bounce and am looking to defend the champions league for a 4th consecutive time} and am enjoying the game very much...I must say that I have laughed lots at the incompetence of some posters on this site and generally I do not tend to post ..I am more of a watch and learn type of forum member on here.

Anyway...and apologies for my grammer...as i said, 3 sheets and all...

This does not make pretty reading for Liverpool either and I am about to scavenge them for their best players now they are down!!

84440230iz5.th.jpg

I'm in October 2016 and took over at Arsenal at the beginnig of the season as my chariman at the previous team angered me.

When I took the job even though I'm not an Arsenal fan I almost got sad at what I saw. The squad was made up with a few starplayers and a lot of mediocre fillings. It seemed they hadn't renewed as they sold out players or the players retired. Due to the 260 million loan they are paying a few million a month on the economy isn't exactly great, but I got around 30 million to buy players for.

The point I'm making here is that the big clubs seem to fall due to poor transfer AI. I got odds against me when playing teams like Sheffield UTD and Charlton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by terry1982*:

How did you get the skin of the game to look like that - and how did you get the club badges to be real from Prem teams?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Visit the Graphics forum or sortitoutsi.

good job mate.and Vila did play well last night!anyway,I just finished season 2012/13 and clinched my 5th title,fourth in a row.looking forward to the Champions League final,and guess who I`ll be playing in the final??

ASTON VILLA.Im sure my Arsenal team could beat them icon_wink.gif will be back with the results mate. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmyq:

Well, I woke up with a massive hangover today..well worth it though!

I also woke up with the European Cup and those nice people at EUFA have told me that we can keep the trophy!!

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9913/55823047sz8.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a terrible attendance for the European Cup final! 32000!

not quite 10 years on but still... I'm in my 8th season, just buying a player from barcelona and I noticed that they were predicted to be lower mid-table, which is roughly what they were the last couple of seasons.

Chelsea and Arsenal are looking like relegation fodder on mine this season - 2016.

They have been the bane of my life for years but due to the stupid AI they haven't really bought any new players. So most of their squad are 30-33 and still paid ridiculous money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WerderBremenYank:

it looks like England has slipped in its coefficient...as only the top 3 teams qualify for the CL on that table you showed us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Englands co-efficient is fine and 4 teams still qualify directly from the EPL.

It may be because I took the screenshot directly after the final game of the season, before the FA Cup final had been played.

Good to see Sheff Wed up there! I've been playing for 20 years now and they haven't been up once icon_frown.gif

It's pretty good to see Liverpool and Chelsea down in the same season, it's just a shame Man Utd are still up there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T-Bag:

and i've made cheeky bids for their remaining decent players. 4m accepted for a winger they wanted 44m for in the summer.. haha ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

t-bag

LOL, i love that

anyone reckon ken bates will put a cheeky bid in to rebuy the club??

2012, I think, end of season, Betis win La Liga, with 34 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses. As you can imagine, they do so quite comfortably.

At the very start of the season, Sevilla develop a bad habit of losing, 12 losses in a row, actually. They did break the streak somewhat with a win against Olympiakos in the UEFA Cup, and a 1-0 win over Barcelona in the Spanish Cup (then go on to lose 5-2 in the return leg). They then follow up with plenty of 1-0 defeats and 1-1 draws, and end 18th, relegated 2-3 games before the end of the season. Fatih Terim (the person in charge of Turkey in real life) is now leading them to the top of the Liga BBVA, but what bothers me is how happy players like Cahill and Eboue are there.

They are by far the strongest team in Liga BBVA, but they're not running away with the title. They are only 3 points ahead in mid-season.

Their season was probably impounded by both Betis and I (Xerez) thrashing Sevilla. I can't remember exact scores, but I think I beat Sevilla 6-0, while Betis decided to go one better and thrashed them 8-1. Their form was that bad...

11yearsonsv5.jpg]11 Years on[/url]

11 years on now and by far the most comfortable season in the Prem. Man Utd starting to wobble which will be interesting next season.

I also manged to beat Bolton in The Champions League final 2-1 retaining the trophy! FA Cup & League Cup were early exits.

Highlight of the season was the 1st Knockout stages of the European Cup, 6-6 v Espanol, Villa winning on away goals.

On my mates game Man Utd have just been relegated out of League 2 !

After getting relegated from the prem they went into admin nearly every season due to the massive loan they have.

I don't think the AI is clever enough to deal with financial difficulties. On mine Chelsea are looking like they are about to go into admin again. They are still paying all of the merchandise feeder clubs, they still have old players on 100k+ a week. Once they lose the TV money there is no way back for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by !Steve1977:

could u post the bit about UEFA giving you the champions league trophy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you go.

keeptrophybi8.th.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T-Bag:

On my mates game Man Utd have just been relegated out of League 2 !

After getting relegated from the prem they went into admin nearly every season due to the massive loan they have.

I don't think the AI is clever enough to deal with financial difficulties. On mine Chelsea are looking like they are about to go into admin again. They are still paying all of the merchandise feeder clubs, they still have old players on 100k+ a week. Once they lose the TV money there is no way back for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny that you should say that. Liverpool have managed to come straight back up this season.

T-Bag, anything to do with Prison Break (as in your name??) if i'm being an idiot be kind

Secondly - Good to see United are still on top (or near the top)

Finally - Hilarious to see Liverpool and Chelsea on the same points as Swansea (no disrespect meant)

AI managers are rubbish. With Man Utd I won the PL 7 times in a row as well before I resigned. The team still had world class players but with Ryan Giggs as manager they came 6th and then 11th. He didn't even buy any players in 2 seasons! Chelsea also got relegated by coming 18th. Liverpool will probably go down as well I expect.

Originally posted by GAVIN42:

T-Bag, anything to do with Prison Break (as in your name??) if i'm being an idiot be kind

/QUOTE]

Afraid not, i've had my name much longer and now I have been associated with some gay physco :|

I've had the nickname irl since I was about 10 (16 years or so !)years old as I looked like one of the characters called T-shirt from some kids tv series by the name of T-Bag.

Sliding slightly back OT, Chelsea have climbed up into the play offs but i'm hoping they go into admin before the end of the season and get more points deducted!

Originally posted by GAVIN42:

/QUOTE]

Afraid not, i've had my name much longer and now I have been associated with some gay physco :|

I've had the nickname irl since I was about 10 (16 years or so !)years old as I looked like one of the characters called T-shirt from some kids tv series by the name of T-Bag.

Sliding slightly back OT, Chelsea have climbed up into the play offs but i'm hoping they go into admin before the end of the season and get more points deducted! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha cool!

yeah hopefully the crash and burn

has roman left yet??

I'm in 2022/23 now, having got Merthyr Tydfil right up the leagues. Arsenal are dominant, top of the league so far and have won it 6 of the last 7 times. This is helping them...

Sadly none of the big 4 have got relegated yet, although Man United have barely scraped 17th the past several years. A board member took over and cleared their debt, sadly icon_frown.gif They're down to only about £30m. Liverpool are low mid-table as well, Chelsea hover around the top but it rotates a lot - the only year Arsenal didnt win it, Derby did. The following season they made the FA Cup and Champions League finals... and got relegated.

The only real English big moves are Fulham are League One and MK Dons are struggling in the Blue Square South. Only my Merthyr Tydfil team have really moved around in the grand scheme of things.

Archived