Team work & work rate should not depend on CA/PA!

Are team work and work rate dependent on CA/PA? Because if so, then I strongly disagree.

Team work and Work rate should depend on the player's personality. A player's adaptability, and professionalism should be the units that influence that rise and fall of team work and work rate stats.

For example, the longer a player is in the club, the higher team work stat would increase, depending of course on the hidden adaptability stats of your player.

If you have a lazy player, then that player has low professionalism. But players with high prof, will more likely increase their work rate.

We can encourage our players to work harder and play more as a team. If moral is low, work rate drops, vice versa. If player hates other players, or is unhappy, team work is low. If player wants to leave, both stats would drop.

What I'm trying to say is that these stats should not be limited to a player's CA/PA. Like Robin Williams used to say in one of his movies "To overcome a disease, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but to overcome a person, you will always win"

Are team work and work rate dependent on CA/PA? Because if so, then I strongly disagree.

Team work and Work rate should depend on the player's personality. A player's adaptability, and professionalism should be the units that influence that rise and fall of team work and work rate stats.

For example, the longer a player is in the club, the higher team work stat would increase, depending of course on the hidden adaptability stats of your player.

If you have a lazy player, then that player has low professionalism. But players with high prof, will more likely increase their work rate.

We can encourage our players to work harder and play more as a team. If moral is low, work rate drops, vice versa. If player hates other players, or is unhappy, team work is low. If player wants to leave, both stats would drop.

What I'm trying to say is that these stats should not be limited to a player's CA/PA. Like Robin Williams used to say in one of his movies "To overcome a disease, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but to overcome a person, you will always win"

i dont think a players performance is totally dependent on pa/ca, at least not in our games (iirc it is in AI vs AI, when not on full detail) all the other factors come into play.. if a team has gelled with each other, got used to a formation, morale, personality ect.

or as mike myers put it "As long as people are still having premarital sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!"

I completely agree with what you're saying. I outlined my thoughts on this a while ago in the following thread:

My views on player development

I know mental attributes apparently increase with age and experience in the game but as far as I know they are still capped by PA. In a perfect world these attributes (or some of them anyway) would be governed entirely by experience. Although it would have to be done right so that any player couldn't just end up with 20's acroos the board for mental attributes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

I completely agree with what you're saying. I outlined my thoughts on this a while ago in the following thread:

My views on player development

I know mental attributes apparently increase with age and experience in the game but as far as I know they are still capped by PA. In a perfect world these attributes (or some of them anyway) would be governed entirely by experience. Although it would have to be done right so that any player couldn't just end up with 20's acroos the board for mental attributes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great minds think a like! LOL!

Well, to have team work and work rate at 20 even for your worst player should be understandable. They've played with the... lets say, reserve team for a long time and blend with your current reserve team.

If you put your reserve team up to senior level right away, then the team work stats would deteriorate before going back up, but the player's work rate would increase as he is inspired to be in the first team. It all depends on the lad's personality how ever.

Or if a new team mate joins in, then the same thing happens. Thats why you would have to be careful of bringing in too many players as this would lower team work.

Its logical... team work and work rate can reach 20 and is forgivable. Again, the personality of the player comes in here, regardless of his CA/PA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Thats why you would have to be careful of bringing in too many players as this would lower team work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players already take time to gel though. Players will already form relationships.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If moral is low, work rate drops, vice versa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, morale already affects the performance on pitch (perhaps too much).

I dont think physical attributes should bond with CA/PA either, as i believe they are largely born with a player.

How fast you run, how high you jump, how agility you are...etc should come by mostly with birth (Gene, Race...etc)

Archived