Database - Medium

Selected Nations -

Belarus (First League And Above)

Denmark (First Division And Above)

Slovenia (Second Division And Above)

Wales (Premier League)

Game Start - June 2008

Unemployed, Semi-Pro Footballer

This is my first career update. Please dont bite my hand off, and if I do something wrong, please tell me :rolleyes:

I have decided to challenge myself to drag up a team from one of the smaller European nations to compete at Champions League level. It wont be easy, but it might make for some good reading. I hope that maybe, I can have some of the worlds top players and really comete hard on an international level.

So, starting out un-employed, lets see where I go...

For each season, I will do extensive coverage of the first and last month, and for the rest, I will simply post results and a comment, with the League Table.

Wednesday, 6th August

I've never really been unemployed on this game before. So its no surprise that when I see the managers of Nemam Grodno and Torpedo Zhodino (yeah, i've never heard of them either) under pressure, I get a little excited. I want jobs. I want jobs, now.

Monday, 15th September 2008

Neman Grodno and FC Gomel both saw applications from me, however in the end I was all FC Baranovichi...

brand.gif

FC Baranovichi are a professional Belarusian club currently playing in the Belarusian First League. The club play their home games at the Lokomotiv and possess fairly basic training facilities and an adequate youth setup. The club is affectionately known as the Baranovichsty.

Having enjoyed success as recently as 2003, Baranovichsty are a club with growing history. Baranovichi won the Second League in 2003.

The Assistant thinks we have a squad capable of holding a safe position in the league. So, I will aim for the top five and see what we can do.

Here is Vladimir Koohley, apparently my best player. I'm off to the transer market... ;)

I have 7 games to go with the team near bottom. They could easily slip one way or another - I have to get it right straight off.

Saturday, 20th September 2008

My first game hopefully doesnt sum up my final 6. A 4-0 loss to fifth in the league. The thing that frustrated me wasnt the loss but the fact my team played well - we conceded two penalties and a 30 yard fluke.

Also, Baranovichi has serious discipline problems - we got a red card and four yellows today.

Now, I have to get out of the relegation zone, and it wont be easy at all, but if we play like this against lower teams, we will easily grab some points.

Saturday, 27th September 2008

This is the final game by game update, I promise.

Baranovichi just recorded a great 2-1 win over relegation rivals Kommunalnik Slonim. We are still in the relegation zone, but only by one point and we have 5 games to go. We arent getting anywhere with our goal difference, though, so it has to be on points.

Now we have top of the table, then a bunch of relegation clashes. Sounds good to me.

No more updates till the end of the season now :D

Sunday, 9th November 2008

Well, thats the end of the season. I came to Baranovichi when they were bottom of the 14 team First League with 7 games to go, and after my first two games (above) I didnt know what to expect from this highly comeptitve league. Almost all the teams seem equal - anyone can do anything.

I also particularly enjoy being able to take 7 subs to each match. I can have cover for every position, and this makes it easier for teams like me fighting relegation.

Here are the final five results.

Postavy 2-1 Baranovichi

Nobody epected me to get anything out of this match, not even me. I didnt, but we didnt get thrashed against the team top of the table.

Baranovichi 3-1 Polatsk

This match took me off 14th and up to 13th. This was great considering we are now equal points with 12th and 11th.

Belcard 0-1 Baranovichi

This was a bottom two clash, and I came out on top after a special goal. This got us up to 11th, out of the relegation zone.

Baranovichi 1-2 Slavia Mozyr

Slavia Mozyr were 13th. I must not lose. I lost. Lingering two points above the relegation zone, with one game to go against second in the league....

Baranovichi 1-0 Veras

What a win! I absolutely loved this game - we got big things to come next season. Saved from relegation, and end up in 9th place. Not too bad at all.

Final League Table

I will do an update at the start of the season with Transfers and Friendlies.

Baranovichi FTW!!!

Wednesday, 21st January 2009

Pre-Season Tournament - The Baranovichi Major

This was the first annual Baranovichi Major. Held over the 19th and 20th January, this made me a little money to put in the finances, aswell as an oppurtunity to see my team against

stronger opposition.

Semi-Finals

BATE 4-0 Lokomotiv Minsk

Baranovichi 0-1 Postavy

Of note, Postavy won my league last season, and are a pretty good team. It was a pleasing result, really.

Third Place Play-Off

Baranovichi p1-1 Lokomotiv Minsk

This was satisfying. Not only was I supposed to lose, but they really annoyed me in negotiation for one of their players. He was playing, silly boy.

Final

BATE 4-0 Postavy

And BATE finalise their domination of the Baranovichi Major. I, for one, am glad I didnt draw them.

That concludes the coverage of the Baranovichi Major. It will be an annual event, so look forward to more teams next season :D

Don't you just love all these little hidden rules we come across when we play new leagues. lol.

In my game in wales i have to have at least 2 under 19 year old players on the bench for every league game.

Well done avoiding relegation.

I agree, but its not so good when you have a poor u19 side and are stuck in a relegetion battle after the transfer window has closed .lol.

Good luck for the new season.

Saturday, 2nd May 2009

Here is the report for April! First month in, where are Baranovichsty now?

Khimik Svetlogorsk 2-3 Baranovichi

Pretty good game, although we nearly lost it at the end. The injury to Koohley was annoying though - he had a pretty good partnership going with Khlebosolov.

Baranovichi 0-0 Slavia Mozyr

How did we not kill these? Khlebosolov missed Koohley - my other strikers just arent up their with him.

Livadia 1-1 Baranovichi

Still missing Koohley. I see why the Assistant said he was one of the best in the squad at the beggining, its like his presence helps. :(

League Table - Baranovichi 5th

Definitely the best player so far, our top goalscorer (3) and most MOTM (1), Dmitriy Khlebosolov. The best thing is he is still only 18 and plenty of time to improve.

Baranovichi FTW!

Just one note on the Belarusian foreign players rule - while I can currently register 0 foreigners, if I grab promotion this season, I will be able to register a grand total of 5, which is better, but still annoys me. If I will be a top team, I will do it with the best Bealrusian players :)

Sunday, 14th June 2009

May 2009

All League

Baranovichi 2-0 Polatsk (Addo, Shumeiko)

Mikashevichi 2-5 Baranovichi (Khlebosolov (2), Petruchik, Addo, Own Goal)

Baranovichi 1-0 Spartak Shkolv (Gaponov)

Lokomotiv Minsk 2-0 Baranovichi

Baranovichi 2-0 Kommunalnik Zhlobin (Koohley, Tchernykh)

League Table

(Note that the league table is with one game in June gone)

Wednesday, 1st July 2009

June 2009

All League

Baranovichi 2-0 Veras (Addo, Own Goal)

League Table

So far, so good. It'll be hard to break the Minsk teams this season, so top3 is my aim, however if they have a bad run and I capitalise, who knows?

However, I have a good, youthful team (most of my first team are sub 25) and can only get better from here.

Transfers (Window 1st July 09 - 30th August 09)

Firstly, Dinamo Minsk have became my Parent Club over the past weeks, and so now I get to take some of their youngsters on loan. I love doing this, and hope to sign some of them when I one day dominate the Belarusian Highest League. ;)

Transfers In

Andrey Zaleskiy Loan - Dinamo Minsk

Transfers Out

I will keep a running update until the end of the window.

Saturday, 1st August 2009

July 2009

League Unless Stated

Baranovichi 2-0 Slavia Mozyr (Koohley, Shumeiko) Cup

Baranovichi 4-1 Belshina (Zaleskiy, Addo, Aleinikov, Koohley)

Pinsk 0-2 Baranovichi (Tchernykh, Romanovskiy)

Nemam Grodno 1-2 Baranovichi (Khlebosolov (2))

Baranovichi 1-2 Lida (Tchernykh)

Minsk 4-0 Baranovichi

League Table

Horror end to the month, with injuries and fitness really catching us out. Lokomotiv Minsk are looking unstoppable, but I am still holding out hope. Next game is the halfway point of the season, and I hope I can mark it with a win again. Next round of the cup is coming up, so I want a good run to boost my struggling finances.

Baranovichsty out!

Tuesday, 1st September 2009

August 2009

League Unless Stated

Baranovichi 1-1 Kommunalnik Slonim (Shumeiko)

Baranovichi 0-0 p Nemam Grodno Cup

Baranovichi 1-2 Khimik Svetlogorsk (Khlebosolov)

Slavia Mozyr 1-0 Baranovichi

Baranovichi 1-1 Livadia (Malyavko)

Polatsk 1-4 Baranovichi (Khlebosolov (2), Koohley (2))

League Table

Lokomotiv Minsk are really taking off and I dont think i'll be able to catch them this season. Next year, though, I can really go for it, so i'll try to keep second to keep the board sweet.

My highlight of ths month, though, wasnt any result. Dmitriy Khlebosolov recieved a call up to the Belarus U19, and came off the bench in his first international to score an equaliser against Croatia U19. He has recived another call-up to face Croatia and Ukraine U19, and I cant wait to see his progress as he gets older.

Looking good going into the second half of the season, shame about Lokomotiv Minsk running away with the title as if I'm right in thinking there's only one promotion slot? Lets hope you can come out on top in the mini league that's developing between the chasing pack though :thup:

Baranovichi 2009 - Belarusian First League

League Table

League Positions Graph

After a top start, we collapsed later on, although still held fourth place. Lokmotiv Minsk dominated - I really dont think we could ever have taken first with them in the league.

Belarusian Cup

Cut short really, want more next season.

Transfers

Nothing much this season as I got to grips with the squad. This summer, however, I know where I need to go with the squad and already have a £50,000 coming in for £1,000. I look forward to more big signings.

Squad

This is a great, young squad with just enough experience. With more and more of them coming of age, next year could be a very good year.

Star Man

All went right for Dmitriy Khlebosolov this year. Top scorer, most MOTM, call-ups for the Belarus U19 team and a goal to boot. Was great this year, especially early season.

Surprise Star

Dmitriy Tarasevich was sitting around in the reserves when I brought the 21 year old into the first team. Was a real gem this year.

Career Overview

Season           League               Position     Acheivements
----------------------------------------------------------
2009     Belarusian First League     4th              N/A

Next Season

-Continue to develop young players

-A good cup run

-Promotion

Wednesday, 10th February

Baranovichi Major!

Semi Final

Baranovichi 1-1p FC Minsk

Dinamo Minsk p1-1 BATE

Third Place Play-Off

Baranovichi p3-3 BATE

After an epic 14-13 penalty shoot-out win, we overcome top Belarusian team BATE to grab third place. One of my youngsters, Vadim Astapov, who had previously only been a sub, scored a hattrick and had a wonderful game (Astapov here)

Final

Dinamo Minsk 1-0 FC Minsk

Dinamo Minsk were champs of Belarus last year and rightfully won the Baranovichi Major.

Archived