Lack of job offers

i am using the 8.02 patch and playing as Roma, in April 2011 and have won everything i can with them, have been looking for a move over the last couple of seasons, but have never been offered anything.

there have been a few good jobs come up (i run england, scotland, italy, france and spain) but i have never even been linked with them in the media.

can anyone tell me if this is normal on 8.02. surely in real life if the Roma manager was as successfulhe would have offers from barca, real, united, liverpool, milan et al.

i have a cracking team so not desperate to leave but fancy a new challenge, will i have to resign or declare interest in jobs before anyone will take notice?

thanks

i am using the 8.02 patch and playing as Roma, in April 2011 and have won everything i can with them, have been looking for a move over the last couple of seasons, but have never been offered anything.

there have been a few good jobs come up (i run england, scotland, italy, france and spain) but i have never even been linked with them in the media.

can anyone tell me if this is normal on 8.02. surely in real life if the Roma manager was as successfulhe would have offers from barca, real, united, liverpool, milan et al.

i have a cracking team so not desperate to leave but fancy a new challenge, will i have to resign or declare interest in jobs before anyone will take notice?

thanks

yeah, i also don't want to do that, i have never resigned or been sacked in my managerial career before, well, not since my beloved aberdeen sacked me on CM04, i try to forget about that though!!

it is getting boring with Roma now, £100m in the bank, great team, bojan and balotelli coming in on frees at the end of the season to bolster my attack, i like to try my hand at winning the league in the 5 leagues i normally play, usually start with Aberdeen though and work my way up. Should not have started with Roma i think!

oh well, see what jobs come up at the end of the season, and may resign if one of them tickles my fancy!!

i was at Real Madrid, pretty much won everything in Spain by 2011, including the CL, and was looking for a move, when Mark Hughes at Chelsea was insecure i declared an interest in the job, and the next day Hughes was sacked and i was offered the Chelsea job.... a little gutting for Hughes but then who cares!!

I started at Liverpool and didn't get my contract re-newed after my 4th season despite success every season, interestingly I've just taken over at Roma, got the job the day after I was let go at Liverpool- back to the point, whilst at Liverpool I got linked with the Barca and both Milan clubs, and got offered the England national job. What is your rep? World Class I assume?

I too think this is a problem in the game. I've just left Tiro Federal after 4 seasons in charge. In those 4 seasons I led them from the lower reaches of the 2nd division to 3rd in the top flight, and subsequently qualification for the Copa Sudamericana.

I thought it was the right time to leave as the club was on a high and I knew it'd be difficult to progress further. I also thought that achieving all this in a high reputation league like Argentina would mean I could get a decent job.

I went and applied for several jobs when my contract expired, but got rejected for the lot. The most ridiculous was Leicester City (My favourite team + I'm English) turning me down and hiring Martin Allen (Him and Mandaric are on each others disliked personnel, and he ruined the club in real life). Leicester are a lower mid-table Championship club in my game, which I thought would be the sort of club interested in me.

I was offered a mid-table League One job, but rejected it as I felt I deserved better. After a month or two of being rejected by struggling Russian 2nd tier sides I eventually took the Uzbekistan job in the hope it'd increase my reputation. Certainly that wasn't what I planned, but it looks like I'll have to take a much lower job than hoped if I want to get back into club management, unless I somehow take Uzbekistan to the World Cup, giving me a large reputation boost.

Archived