Trying to find players that are past it/former stars/stuck in reverses.

As the title says, i'm looking for players from around 28+ all the way to last 30's who are past there best, or never recaptured some former-form, or are stuck rotting in the reserves in some team, or on the bench, also playing for terrible teams or uncontracted.

This is for a challange i'm going to make in a database, involving some rich-Eccentric football fan taking former legends along with players who have lost there form, another chance putting them all together in one team on a 5-6Year contract each, see if they can take themselfs from the bottom of the BSP to the EPL.

Some Players i've currently got on my list:

Sander Westerveld

Jerzy Dudek

Roberto Carlos

Claude Makelele

Roy Carroll

Robert Pirès

Zé Roberto

Gennaro Gattuso

Alessandro Nesta

Fabio Cannavaro

Nicky Butt

Ronaldo

Rivaldo

Figo

Javier Saviola

Veron

Steve Finnan

Sol Campbell

Andriy Shevchenko

Paulo Ferreira

Kluivert

Morientes

Fowler

Christian Vieri

Patrick Vieri

Freddie Ljungberg

Sami Hyypia

Phil Neville

Riise

Vassell

Now i'm pretty stuck, any suggestions would be great!

I say that because the thread is player naming, which is generally frowned upon unless explicitly stated in the thread title. Generally threads like this go in GP+TG forum for this reason, or the editors forum for a custom DB.

For that, I am sorry. But the title suggests player naming.

Just fyi playing about with the database, they are destroying everyone, aabout 5 of the players are currently long term injured, though.

Quite fun.

Denilson is playing in Vietnam.

And to be honest, you can take Phil Neville and John Arne Riise off that list! Phil Neville has played some good football the last few years and Riise didn't have a bad season at Roma.

I say that because the thread is player naming, which is generally frowned upon unless explicitly stated in the thread title. Generally threads like this go in GP+TG forum for this reason, or the editors forum for a custom DB.

Player naming is only really a problem if you're revealing unknown gems. If anyone posts something about Kaka being good, that tends not to be a problem. Similarly, this post is just after players who used to be good but are not necessarily any more, so it's not a problem in here.

Just after a test season my chairman seems to like accepting bids on my behalf, even with 50+million in the bank.

Any idea how to remedy this? Or what's the cap for the clubs balance to put in the editor? (Before I go to the editors forum)

I dunno if you can do it mid-game (maybe with one of those downloadable editors?) but you could try changing the stats of your chairman, lower interference or whatever seems relevant. I tried something very similar a few years ago with Barnet-giving them loads of money and a squad of the best over-35 players, main problem I found was players all ended up sulking cause I rejected bids for them but with your long contracts you should be all right anyway. Main problem might be attracting new, aging stars as the game goes on, so probably a good idea to give your team brilliant training facilties and make whatever city your playing in a much more attractive to live in through the editor. Don't know about the club balence cap but should defintely get it as high as possible, I think I was losing nearly half a million a month through my massive wage bill and no fans.

Actually, the main problem I had with my similar challange was the boredom of winning every game, and then I accidently broke the disc, which is defintely something you should avoid.

Ha, definatly!

Thats alot of help.

The thing thats confuses me is why the big clubs want these players anyway..

I guess that's a problem with aging stars, replacing them will be a problem. Unless they hit the big time,

after one season I didn't lose one game, apart from agaisnt Man City.

Maybe I will add some parts to with the best youth and see if I can have some super tutoring and the like going

Lasted test build Carlos + Finnan always seem to get ****ed at not playing enough and I think I've got one too many central midfielders.

On the next build I will try with the best facilities etc.

Didn't help on this try with Ronaldo and Shev breaking there legs, hump!

Edit: Tonnes of spam from putting everyones values to 0 and rejecting all offers. Not really that nice to filter through

Archived