workpermit problem

Iv just signed kerlon from inter at which he already had this problem of not having a work permit. I assumed as i signed him and the deal went through that he must of obtained a work permit to play for my middlesbrough side. However now that the transfer window has opened and the player is in my squad it still says that he is without a work permit and unable to play.

Any ideas on what i can do to fix the problem will i have to just try and sell the player which is probably unlikely to happen or will i have ti wait until next season to play him in my first team???

You can sign players without a work permit once you get them they need to be loaned out to obtain a work permit or you can keep trying to offer a new contract as key player and sometimes they get it granted. Other than that you will have to loan him out to a team in Belgium or somewhere it is easy for them to get a second nationality. A Spainish team is also worth a try as I think south americans get 2nd nationality there after 2 season but I am not 100 percent certain.

A Spainish team is also worth a try as I think south americans get 2nd nationality there after 2 season but I am not 100 percent certain.

Thats right AcidBurn. Its only 2 years for South Americans. Not 100% sure if this will work because I only thought of it when reading the original post but perhaps you could add another manager and take control of the players nation and select him so that he gets a few caps. This should help with the work permit problems I think.

Archived