Newbie Needs A Little Help Please ...

So I am having a few issues that if anybody could help with I would be very thankful:

I am currently on my 3rd Season as Lyon. I have a number of 6 & 7 star 'wonderkids' who are now 18 and off their youth contracts so they can now be loaned out but I am having trouble. I offer them for loan with no fee and 0% of their salaries paid by the other club but I still cannot get any loan offers for my best players who, while not good enough to be first or second team for my Lyon squad, I need to get them first team experience at a lesser club to help them progress from wonderkids to superstars, but no teams will offer to take them on loan. It either says "no loan offers for Jack Wilshere" or big clubs want to buy the player (for instance the keeper Vincent Fiorillo which no Ligue 2 team wants as a keeper? really? for free? All I get is 5M offers for him from Barca and RM et al. And even when I try to send my best players to affiliated clubs (which I have one German Bundesligue team and 2 French Ligue 2 teams) the game just says "the player has no intention of going on loan to XXXXX" ... does this happen in real life? Do 19 year old players at Man Utd who cannot start ahead of say Edwin Van Der Sar tell Alex Ferguson to bugger off if he wants them to go on loan to Standard Liege for a year to get starting experience? This seems a bit unrealistic to have such trouble getting your really good young players to go out on loan to clubs where they will start? Am I doing something wrong?

My second problem is my board setting says "will not entertain stadium expansion as it is already ongoing" or something like that but it has been 3 seasons and no expansion or new stadium? Is it just stuck like that and I am stuck with 40K fans a game despite the fact that I am 3 time French Ligue 1 and 3 time Champions League winner?

You can check when the stadium will be ready by clicking on your team then information (should be in the navigation menu on the left). If you look at the top right corner you'll find a drop down menu. Select stadium/facilities, it should be next to Capacity if I'm not mistaken.

Loaning players is tough. Try to get a better affiliate (don't cancel with your current affiliate) and make sure you're not trying to loan them out when transfer window is closed. If all else fails you can try to sell him off for a small amount (add a buy back clause for the same amount) then buy him back. I did that a couple of times but it back fired on me once because the player refused to come back.

Ok. So I didn't even realize there were other "views" in the Information Screen. 2012 a new 60,000 seat stadium is coming ... woo hoo, i guess. The weird thing is my Stadium Sponsorship ran out a year before my new stadium so I have no Income from that this year ... weird.

As for loan players. The game seems a bit whack when a 19 year old can basically refuse to go out on loan ... and then have in their "personal" screen ... "hoping to go on loan to receive 1st team experience" ... it is just kind of frustrating ... i have tons of talented youngsters that other teams would basically fall all over themselves to get on loan for a season, especially if it was for free like I am offering .... grrrrr.

The only thing I can suggest is that you ask your board for another affiliate and hope that its a club in a better nation than french league 2. I can kind of understand them not wanting to go to a team in the german top devision because they may feel that the competition for places is too great and they may not get a game so there would be no real benifit to themselves in going on loan. Instead of a players simply saying they have no intention of going on loan I think it would be a good idea if they explained their reasons behind their refusal.

I have 3 feeder clubs with loan out ability ... like i said ... 1 in the Bundesliga and 2 in the French Ligue 2 (one was in Ligue 1 until they got relegated but they will be back up to Ligue 1 by next season by the look of it) ... the problem is these 18-19-20 year old players are refusing to go on loan even to the feeder clubs ... i usually offer all of my young players for loan and those that don't get any, peferably first team regular options, i try to send on loan to a feeder club ... the problem is they say "X has no intention of going on loan to Hoffenheim" ... and I cannot get anymore feeder clubs because everytime "request a feeder club" is available I request one, the board asks me what kind i want and it doesnt matter what i pick they always come back and say there are no options ... if i try to pick a specific small say championship english club or anything else to be a feeder club they reject the offer ... and of course then you cannot request another feeder club link for like half a year ... the whole thing is really frustrating ... you should be able to create a new link with another club like twice or once per year ... period ... up to a certain number based on the overall wealth/reputation of your club ... i have Lyon in the top 10 richest and most renowned clubs ... i think i should be able to have more than 3 loan feeder clubs and 1 japanese feeder club for marketing.

Archived