Defendin Corners :(

Hi, i'm getting very piszed of because i'm losing far too much goald from corners. I have a rather tall sqaud (e.g. both centre backs are 188 cm and i have a few 186 cm players too) though i dont know what to do. Can anybody suggest anything to help???

Hi, i'm getting very piszed of because i'm losing far too much goald from corners. I have a rather tall sqaud (e.g. both centre backs are 188 cm and i have a few 186 cm players too) though i dont know what to do. Can anybody suggest anything to help???

I don't think height matters; heading, jumping and reflexes are the key stats. Here's a summary of my tactics:

- CB's good in the air marking tall players

- FB's marking near and far post, I prefer to have the one who is better in the air on the near post

- CM's man marking, with one set to close down (worst aerially)

- Wide players stay forward (2 of them) particularly if they are quick or good dribblers

- Strikers simply set to go back (unless they are quicker than a wide player or very poor in the air)

- If a player other than a CB is very good in the air I may have him man mark tall players instead

So keep two forward (unless it's late in a game or the opposition are very good from corners), mark both posts and have a few players man mark. Not perfect, but I conceed few goals from corners.

Archived