Sir Bobby Robson

As A True Great Has passed away would liek to start a thread so people can see how many succesful teams he has had over the years : as a result i would like to copy some of his teams and see just how i fair in the league the teams are in now. so teams like newcastle. his squad all them years ago see hwo many players i can get from it.

my challenge is to re-create the squad as much as i can and see how i fair in the Championship. as there will be many people who have retired if you have editor you could create them (E.G Alan Shearer) or you could just use currant newcastle players along with older ones. if you do take up my challenge then plz post the results on this forum..

Thanks

HoPeY

:thup:

Marshalllfc

Good idea, but Newcastle may be the only team you can achieve this with because most of, if not all, of the players who played for him for clubs (Fulham, Ipswich, England, S Lisbon, Ajax and Porto) have retired.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be better to have a challenge where you have to emulate some/all of Sir Bobby's achievements?

Without researching what he did:

- Take Ipswich Town or a similarly unfashionable club to the title and European success.

- Earn respect in two foreign countries by guiding clubs to their respective titles (i.e PSV and Barcelona)

- Take a struggling PL 'big club' and restore them to the Champions League for 2/3 successive seasons

- Manage England in two World Cups and reach the QF on both occasions

Wouldn't it be better to have a challenge where you have to emulate some/all of Sir Bobby's achievements?

Without researching what he did:

- Take Ipswich Town or a similarly unfashionable club to the title and European success.

- Earn respect in two foreign countries by guiding clubs to their respective titles (i.e PSV and Barcelona)

- Take a struggling PL 'big club' and restore them to the Champions League for 2/3 successive seasons

- Manage England in two World Cups and reach the QF on both occasions

What I was thinking.

Could include stuff to do in Portugal as well, as he had a good deal of success there.

Archived