Campaign for the brilliant 3D!!! (FM10)

Is anyone bored of the dots and is excited by the new improvement of the 3D graphcs coming up in FM10? Do you truly believe that although maybe this year they didn't quite live up to expectation, they have the potential to make this game almost complete. I think we shouldn't be too quick to jump back to the 2d graphics and wait for the 3D graphics to get better; which they inevitably will. It's when anything changed dramatically, it takes time. Just think would you prefer to have dots which taje the realism out of it slightly, or wait till the 3D look outstanding, with seats, and maybe even you on the sideline with different stadiums, kits, graphics etc?. For me it's an easy answer.

If you feel the same at the end of your thread write I LOVE 3D. And lets stop the 2D thread from stopping FM'S continous strides to pure perfection!

TIA

Jamie Luck

Im all for 3D, but fm09s 3D was far from ready. It went from gameplay over graphics to graphics over gameplay, and whereas the point of 3D was to make it so you dont have to use your imagination so much to see whats going on, I found myself using my imagination more because I have to make up explanations and 'what really happened' because half the things that happen in 3D don't make sense.

If 3D can be added to without increasing specs too much- new animations, better graphics- then SI should go for it. But I very much doubt it can. I also find it hard to believe that they can find an angle that isn't effectively 2D that gives a view that we'll find useful.

At the moment, it's 3D which detracts from the realism, as 3D shows less than the 2D and looks less like real football.

Although I find the way injured players running on the spot for five minutes kind of funny, also the physio coming on for an injury and treating the fully fit player standing 10 yards from the injured one also:D

And the way injured players float off :D

I love the 3d and its going to get better and better, there is no way that I could go back to 2d now and watch blobs move around the screen. It is selfish but I dont care about how much power it takes up as I have a very fast computer so lets bring it on better animatons. People need to move on from 2d and realise that games progress and a 3d match engine is the natural step in a football management game.

And the way injured players float off :D

Thats also one of my favourite parts lol.

There is also no chance of this thread taking off like the dreaded blobs one did.

I am disappointed in you C. I have never seen you not sign a post before.

Sometimes I throw an unsigned post out there, often just down to some random capricious whim.

And a shorter post doesn't always need to be signed in my opinion. As Shakespeare said, 'brevity is the soul of wit', and so sometimes just a few words without signing will do.

However, you're right, an unsigned post just doesn't feel quite right from me, does it? :D

C.

I love the 3D. I'm so psyched for future FM versions as I feel that each one improves on it's predecessor. I can see, in six or seven years time, the 3D having FIFA like graphics-or I can hope!

I've never gone back to 2d in 09 and never wanted too. I already enjoy the 3d as it is' date=' so i'd be even more pleased for it to improve.[/quote']

Im the same, I quite enjoy the 3D but it can be improved drastically. Sometimes it annoys me cause it seems that SI use us as testers to make the perfect game, yet we continue to by games that are never really fully completed (hence all the vital patches).

Having said that, its a great game and if certain areas are addressed with the match engine and cleaning up the 3D engine then Im pretty sure it will win more people over.

Archived