[IDEA] Job Interviews

I think this would be a fantastic addition and not necessarily limit it to interviews.

If you had the chance to be interviewed then you could talk yourself into jobs that you normally wouldn't have a chance of getting and talk yourself out of jobs you would normally be a shoe-in for, as you state your intentions and where you would like to take the club.

Also, the player interaction needs to be more in depth, so that if a player is unhappy with something, or your trying to bring a player to the club, but he isn't sure you can talk to him and either persuade him to come or assuage his pre-existing concerns.

What does everyone think?

It's been suggested before but I think it's a great idea. It wouldn't become repetitive because you don't change jobs that often so it has the potential to keep the game fresh and realistic.

I like the players part but I won't support (like it matters) the manager part unless we get something out of it too.

Something like we'd know if the Chairman would consider increasing/build a new stadium if we take a team from the BSS to the Prem. Maybe even tell us if he'd be willing to accept offers behind our backs. Things of that nature.

I agree that it would be probably be sub-par to begin with, but it could definitely be developed.

Bardock- Say you started in BSS and left without blazing success, apply for a BSN team, you'd be laughed out! Whereas here you could talk yourself into a job and it could help you determine Transfer Budgets etc. Meaning you would have a better idea of whether it was the right job.

Too many times have I accepted a job only to find the finances where much worse than expected and the sad realisation that I should probably resign straight away.

I like the idea of job interviews.

It could be used to hint at the chairman/board targets with regard to league & cups (Replacing the expectations message) and the style of management they expect both on the pitch & off with regard to performances & transfers. Depending on your answers you would be judged perhaps more harshly in some areas than others.

This could then perhaps lead into some form of board meeting replacing board requests. At the very least three times a season but maybe once a month though replacing the confidence message.

I think it's a great idea, i'd also like to see certain clubs giving their manager more or less control over transfers, depending on the club involved (eg R Madrid) or the manager's reputation. This could be something discussed with the board before you accept the job. e.g Wenger at Arsenal gets total control, Pellegrini at Madrid gets none.

Good idea but I would have to wait and see it in action it would probably work well but i thought the same about press conferences until i saw them in action with the same questions before and after almost every match which have became a drag. however less frequency would maybe prevent that.

Im coming up to the end of my contract after 4 very succesfull years in charge. Ive got 6months left and several jobs are insecure. The job I want is Man Citys. They have spent big and are 11th even though they came 3rd last season.

I want the job and the manager is going to be sacked soon. Would be great if you could Negotiate a contract with them for next season.

I.e Your contract is running out and your near the end of the season. You can speak to another club to take them over for the following season.

I like this idea but one thing that would need to be done is an explanation as to why the chairman made his decision, both rejecting and accepting your application. If there was no explanation then there would be a lot of threads here complaining how they can't get a job for example. If they could get the balance between your reputation and your answers and give a reason for their decision i think this would be a great addition.

Archived