Tell us about your favorite match on FM09.

When I saw this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=140039

I thought it was asking about your favorite match on Fm09.

So here's a thread where you can tell us about a great match you had. Tell us why it was important/funny/strange/exciting or whatever.

Mine:

In the year 2022, coming towards the end of another hectic season managing Celtic I get a Scottish cup semi-final draw against Dundee as well as a tough CL semi against Barcelona back to back.

In the two league games leading up to the games I get injuries to 4 first team players, So I decide to throw on 11 reserves to face Dundee, as well as completely resting (i.e. not even on the bench) my very top players.

I put a 16 year old regen called Craig Jones on the bench for the first time so as I'm not tempted to put my star striker on at any time.

Dundee go 1-0 up before half time and I tell my reserves that I want to see more from them. 89 mins in and I'm still one down... (I think you know where this is going....) I put young Craig Jones in and he gets a 3 minute brace to send us into the Cup Final.

I got up and danced around the room when those goals went in! :)

I wish I'd saved Screen shots!

During my current TPS game (if you don't know, TPS are a team in Finland) I managed to scrape through to the 4th qualifying round of the European Cup and was drawn against Olympiakos. Obviously, I was expected to get turned over in both legs. So I play my first game at home not really expecting much but to my amazement I go in 0-0 at the break. Within 3 minutes of the 2nd half I go 1-0 down and I start thinking "Here we go..."

I ended up winning the game 2-1. I remember getting absolutely pummeled for 85 minutes and then having a 5 minute spell of possession that brought me 2 goals. I was nearly doing cart wheels after that result and my fans were going crazy.

I ended up losing the 2nd leg 3-0 but I beat a team with much higher rep than me so I was chuffed.

Archived