Pointless to have more than 1 physio?

I thought the Physiotherapy stat improved the rate of recovery from injuries, but as it turns out, all it's good for is a more accurate prediction of when the player will return.

Since the stat is completely passive, that means that I really only need one physio with a high Physiotherapy stat, correct?

Actually, even if it did increase the rate of recovery, having more than 1 physio would still be pointless, I think.

I would appreciate it if people didn't answer with guesses based on reality. I would like the input of someone who played as a tester, or has investigated this question previously.

I thought the Physiotherapy stat improved the rate of recovery from injuries, but as it turns out, all it's good for is a more accurate prediction of when the player will return.

Since the stat is completely passive, that means that I really only need one physio with a high Physiotherapy stat, correct?

Actually, even if it did increase the rate of recovery, having more than 1 physio would still be pointless, I think.

I would appreciate it if people didn't answer with guesses based on reality. I would like the input of someone who played as a tester, or has investigated this question previously.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marnader:

How do you know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does any poster with over 30000 posts know anything? By absorbing points that are made by the developers over many years. Many times you cant say exactly how you know but you have read it somewhere.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Oh Jesus, I'm only a few posts away from 40,000.

That's a bit sad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can buy a life at your local Tesco's. They sell everything now icon_biggrin.gif

I've seen an FM guide where it says that these things affect it

Level of Discipline

Motivating

Determination

I have 4 physios (the asshat board won't let me get another one), one has 20 in motivation, one has 19 in discpline, one has 20 in determination, and the last one is Nanni

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can buy a life at your local Tesco's. They sell everything now Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be cheaper from Wal-mart!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Oh Jesus, I'm only a few posts away from 40,000.

That's a bit sad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember when you were a tester or whatever for FM07 and you were at Reserves level then- have you really posted that many in a year?- if so, that is REALLY sad! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marnader:

How does any poster with over 30000 posts know anything? By absorbing points that are made by the developers over many years. Many times you cant say exactly how you know but you have read it somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah..i read somehwere that the world was flat. what's your point? Can you show one link to a comment by a developer that says that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

Are you deliberately being horribly obtuse/difficult ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think he is, he is just making a point that someone states physiotherapy did 'such and such' and is 'common knowledge'. How can it be common knowledge when it's not in the manual and perhaps should be?

This is why people get frustrated with FM because all this 'common knowledge' should be documented in the manual. What about players who don't even visit these boards, it wouldn't be common knowledge to them now would it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

Are you deliberately being horribly obtuse/difficult ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how come powermonger gets it and you don't. it is common knowledge...oops, didn't you know?

I don't think having a manual that spelled everything out for the hard-of-thinking would be a good idea. I'm sure the point of the game is that you apply a little common sense (which attributes do you think would be most valuable for each position/staff role) and then using some trial and error to see what happens.

Do real managers have a manual where they can look up things like that? Of course they don't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed Winchester:

I don't think having a manual that spelled everything out for the hard-of-thinking would be a good idea. I'm sure the point of the game is that you apply a little common sense (which attributes do you think would be most valuable for each position/staff role) and then using some trial and error to see what happens.

Do real managers have a manual where they can look up things like that? Of course they don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its a game. designed for people from the age of 10 up to infinity. i don't think a 10, 12, 14 year would have a clue about these things.

that is why you see so many weird posts. they are either posted by mentally handicapped people or youngsters. icon_biggrin.gif

the manual should be more detailed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

How does any poster with over 30000 posts know anything? By absorbing points that are made by the developers over many years. Many times you cant say exactly how you know but you have read it somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah..i read somehwere that the world was flat. what's your point? Can you show one link to a comment by a developer that says that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is/was that there are many facets of the game that are not neccessarily covered in depth in the manual but come up as questions in the forums. There are often answered by someone from the Developers and if you visit the forums often enough, over a period of years, you build up a knowledge of points, which you can pass on to others- without hopefully having always to refer back to the actual thread and post to verify it. If you dont want to accept this view then that is up to you, but it wont stop those with views, based on experience, expressing those views to try and help others.

half the time, these so called 'pearls of wisdom' come across as arrogant remarks from people who sound like they know it all....and sometimes they think it as well.

its hard to take advice when its presented in that manner. not to mention when it defies logic. i've seen teams with no physios doing better with physios...so?

Nostromo, i think a lot of it has to do with the fact that you can't convey emotion and/or context in type. Eg. if i was to answer a question thusly:

"It's mentioned in the manual. Read through it, and it should become clear"

....that could be read as being helpful, or sarcastic. Hard to get round.

On-topic, i too was unaware that more physios have a cumulative effect, and is a good thing to do. So again, wasn't common knowledge icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Norville Rodgers:

Nostromo, i think a lot of it has to do with the fact that you can't convey emotion and/or context in type. Eg. if i was to answer a question thusly:

"It's mentioned in the manual. Read through it, and it should become clear" = helpful

"Ackter is right, its always been this way and is common knowledge" = not so helpful

...and as you pointed out, its not common knowledge

....that could be read as being helpful, or sarcastic. Hard to get round.

On-topic, i too was unaware that more physios have a cumulative effect, and is a good thing to do. So again, wasn't common knowledge icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">its hard to take advice when its presented in that manner. not to mention when it defies logic. i've seen teams with no physios doing better with physios...so? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was actually a bug in a previous release where teams with no physios wouldn't get injuries at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">its hard to take advice when its presented in that manner. not to mention when it defies logic. i've seen teams with no physios doing better with physios...so? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was actually a bug in a previous release where teams with no physios wouldn't get injuries at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

darn i think your making that up!! i would have loved that. sack all my physios icon_biggrin.gif

i think the optimum amount of physios to have is about 3.

at least i remember in cm97 when i had 1 physio it would say my player was out for 1 month. i bought another physio and suddenly it was down to 2 weeks.

Archived