What is your favourite game on fm09 ever?

Chesterfield, Brentford, Braintree (currently), Aston Villa, Hull (Best I'd say) a few others.

Just set goals for yourself and don't be too downhearted if you have a horrible season. Set it right the next. I find the most fun I've had in FM is when nothing is going right for me. It keeps me busy, definitely beats having to know my team will rip others apart.

I also had one save where I started as unemployed then got hired by a team at the bottom end of the table. I got them back up to safe ground and moved on to another team that was at the foot of the table then moved again. Spent half a year at several clubs saving them then moving on. It was fun but I lost it when I formatted the computer.

Udinese

Took them from 6th place in season one to Serie A Champions in season 5. Buying low, selling high along the way and building a big enough bank balance to splash the cash on our title winning side.

Roma

5 seasons, 4 CL finals, 1 CL title, 2 Serie A titles. A bit hit and miss on the trophy front, losing three of the CL finals against Man Utd, but the team I had played amazing football and it was a really thrilling save.

Vasco

Promoted to Serie A, but lost the save :( The football in Brazil was the best i've ever seen on FM!

Feyenoord

Buying low and selling high again, but plenty of classy players coming through the doors e.g. Adriano, Saviola etc, on our way to a first league title in 10 years.

I'm loving playing as braga ( portugal PL ) at the moment for many reasons.

I like the shorter seasons only 16 clubs, so each season isnt a grind.

Braga's rep allows me to recruit good young talent, I have open slather on recruiting players from south america.

The teams in the league play alot of non 442 formations, so tactics need to be adjusted to suit the opposition. I play a 5-3-2 using wing backs and a sweeper or switch to a 4-3-3 using wingbacks and 3 strikers (both of these formations are high maintenance)

The skill level of the league varies from good english league two teams to premiership teams ( Porto, sporting and Benfica).

Its easy to get a spot in the euro cup, and its the perfect league for bringing up youngsters in, I dont need to loan any of them out as once they hit 17 the ones you wanna keep are good enough to play against the bottom teams in the league and euro cup.

The only draw backs i found was that braga's best strikers are out on loan at game start (can't be recalled) but they arn't good anyhow so you will need to buy a couple from the get go. Also they have no right defender so get a couple of them. Fix up those two areas and you will finish 4th with no other changes with ease. Your best DM is at loan at porto (cant recall him).

The squad in general is quite good , Eduardo is great in Goals, Ceasar Piexoto (mc )has won the portugal best player award 2 years running, Vandinho and Aguiar do well in the midfield, You have two solid CB's with Rodrigez and Moises (leader) Evaldo does very well at Left back or WBL where i retrained him to play, in a 442 he would make a great winger too. Stelvio is a young Dm that does Ok but the top teams stitch him up.

Halway thru my third season now and sitting second 1 point behind Benfica came runners up in the Euro cup last year (grrr MAn city) and have won a league cup and the portugal cup in the first two seasons. So its not hard to close the gap on the big 3 of the league.

Nantwich Town - Taking them to the prem is and was lots of fun.

Sunderland - I support them so winning everything with them season after season was great.

Getafe - Breaking the dominance of Real Madrid and Barcelona by winning the league in the 2nd season was my best achievement on FM09. So much so I havent tried to be Getafe again due to the fact I wont be able to win the league so quickly again.

Benfica, about to start my 4th season and still yet to win the league, finished second last 2 seasons 1 point behind the champions each time. porto and sporting add competition to the league since most of the other teams are championship standard. ull find urself hating porto and sporting after a while since they always snatch either the league or the cups of u at the last hurdle. im feeling confident next season of a complete victory whitewash of all domestic trophies since my youthful team is starting to blossom into a force to be reckoned with. BRING ON THE PRE-SEASONS!!

Archived