African players

Yeah like Essien, Obi Mikel, Drogba, Kalou......

Oh, sarcasm! You would have no way of knowing this but mourinho wrote a controversial article several years ago about how, given same quality players, he would prefer not to sign africans (because of the CAF). Consider yourself informed. :thup:

I've never had big problems because of CAF. Yeah, I was forced to use some backup players, but that's 1,5 month in 2 years.. if u can't replace max 3-5 players then think about quality of your reserves not complain about CAF. i've revealed some nice talents, 2-3 players who usually didn't get a lot of playing time shone while usual first-team players were in CAF..

I am African so I always try to sign the odd African player. I see the African Nations Cup as a chance for my other players to try and win spots in my first team. If they play exceedingly well then returning players have to wait for their chance to get back into the team.

I don't actively shy away, no.

My star player is an African centre back- fortunately, whilst he was away for the ACON his back up stepped up, scored a few goals and kept his place when the first choice returned from Africa.

Archived