Has anyone ever managed to actually sign any good players for less than their value?

Has anyone ever managed to actually sign any good players for less than their value?

I have been playing FM/CM for years and for the last couple of games it seems almost impossible to get any top players without paying miles over the odds.

Can anyone give me any examples of good players you can buy on FM09 that you can sign below their value?

Its a bit like real life then isn't it. You cannot get any top players cheap nowadays.

The only one I am aware of was the Bojan bug, where you could pick him up on a free at the end of the first season. I think it was fixed in the latest patch though.

The only way you are going to get top players for good prices is if they are in the last year of their contract and refuse to sign a new one. You can then pick them up at good prices or wait till the end of the year and try and get them on a free (if you are lucky)

I got Jêrêmy Toulalan for 16mill from Real Madrid on my Man Utd save. They put him on the transferlist all of a sudden, even if he's described as a world-class midfielder. He was actually worth 22mill. I guess Gago was playing so good that they didn't need him any more, anyway, he's been class for me so I dont mind it :)

Can anyone give me any examples of good players you can buy on FM09 that you can sign below their value?

It differs from save to save. In some saves I have got £13m rated Gourcuff for £2.5m, in others they wanted £20m+. Your best bet s to keep an eye out for bargains on the transfer list, i've made a fortune over the years, buying good players who were unhappy at their club, for next to nothing and selling them on for big fees e.g. Saviola, value £3.4m, bought for £1.2m and sold for £8m :thup:

Sorry that didn't really come out very clear, I mean at the start of the game.

I understand that most clubs have 1 or 2 players that are essential to them and not available on the cheap i.e. Ronaldo. Is he seriously twice the player of Zidane, I don't think so, but Man utd didn't want or need to sell him so it took £80 mil. Fair enough

But surely every player can't be essential to every club including unhappy players and one's that are interested in joining another club.

For example I have tried signing Gareth Bale (valued at £6-£7mill) for liverpool, declared my interest, player says he love the opportunity , club say £25mil room for negotiation £1-£2mil tops.

Yet AI will bid for Torres and Gerrard after being told that both are indespesible to the club and hands off warning issued, both players very happy and quite clearly my best players. This I could handle if bids were for £50 mil but they are constanty bids well below player values.

It's just too hard to buy anyone!!!

Did you get Vela?? QUALITY!

I don't have enough money :( I have already spent £11m on Arshavin this season, and only have £13m left (after adjusting my budgets), so I'm waiting to sell someone, now that the season has just finished. Hopefully Arsenal will still be as open to cheap offers :p

to get a player as cheap as possible , i praise them then start bidding slowly upwards until they negotiate, then i negotiate back to about 0.5mill higher than when they first negotiated, seems to work quite well for me eg. regen valued 16m i offer 7, 7.5,8, 9, 10, 11, 12 get made an offer back of 28m plus clauses, ioffer again at 12.5or 13m mostly get the player

I don't have enough money :( I have already spent £11m on Arshavin this season, and only have £13m left (after adjusting my budgets), so I'm waiting to sell someone, now that the season has just finished. Hopefully Arsenal will still be as open to cheap offers :p

Ah bad times... hopefully he wil still be there.

igor akinfeev £3.2mil

jack wilshere £2.8mil

bargains as they are now my longest serving players with 10 years each at the club

How the hell did you manage to get Akinfeev for 3.2. I keep reading astronomical figures for him on this site, nothing under 20.

How the hell did you manage to get Akinfeev for 3.2. I keep reading astronomical figures for him on this site, nothing under 20.

I've managed to before. Usually in the final year of his contract at CSKA he wants to leave, and the club accept much lower fees so they don't risk losing him free.

:thup:

Archived