Fm2009 can't update to 9.3.0

Currently I'm using Windows 7 64bit. FM2009 installed correctly and the game runs etc etc.

When I try to update to 9.3.0 it says the patch is not a valid Win32 application.

Is this because of the 64bit Windows 7?

I've tried running the patch in compatibility mode. It doesn't work.

I've tried running it as administrator. It doesn't work.

Right now I'm downloading the 9.3 patch again just in case my patch was corrupted or something.

I'm on 32bit Windows 7 and it patched fine... I bought the game on Steam though, so steam does its auto-patching thing without me ever noticing. Would it be too late to try and validate your copy through steam and see if that works?

Silly me, the patch that I downloaded during my XP days was corrupted. I downloaded a new one and it updated just fine.

FM09 is working fine on Windows 7 x64. No problems so far. My saved games/tactics/graphics.. basically my entire SI folder in my documents from my XP loaded fine on Windows 7

So far Windows 7 haven't given me any problems. All my software installed properly. I use my PC for Photoshop cs4 (64 and 32bit) and dreamweaver.

My comp specs if anybody is interested: asus p5q-e mobo, core 2 quad 2.83ghz Q9550, 4gb kingston 1066mhz and ati x800 (old graphic card)

But I'm not impressed with Windows 7 just yet. But I would say it's much stabler than vista imo.

Archived