[FM09] Ipswich Town - Passion, Purpose & Pride

TH23

• Football Manager: 2009
  • Database: Gazwefc (Latest Update)
  • Edits: N/A
  • Leagues Loaded: England (Coca-Cola League 2 And Above)
  • Current League: Coca-Cola Football Championship

2ugi07b.png

Pre-Season Friendlies: First game in charge i got off to a good start, we dominated Aberdeen and got a well deserved victory. New signing Mohammed Tchite getting on the scoresheet and putting in a very good performance. I used an attacking 4-4-2 formation with a quick, short passing game. It seemed to work well, so i used it for the following game against Southend. Same tactics and same result, pleased with everyones contributions including two new signings. Young 23-year-old Midfielder Roberto de Sousa showed his potential along with another attacking player Wason Renteria who dominated in the final third with new team mate Mohammed Tchite. 2-0 overall a fair result, although we had several half-chances to add to that total.

Final Pre-Season game was an away game to Southend. Really disapointed with the players as they didnt seem to follow instructions. Sloppy long passes and terrible defending led to us conceding our first goal and then later on in the game another as Southend came from behind to beat us. Part of the Pre-Season though is about learning and if we are going to lose to weaker opposition then its good to get it out of the way before the season begins.

5y9d6w.png

New Signings: With Gaz's latest update i was pleased to see Ipswich had a realistic £14m transfer budget. With our new owner Marcus Evans' financial backing it will be very similar to our real life budget. Really pleased to have signed Mohammed Tchite from Racing. At £8m he is easily one of the most expensive players in the Championship but with his attributes he was worth every penny. He is 24 years old and i hope he will be at the club for many seasons.

I managed to finally sign de Sousa and Renteria after a while of negotiations. They looked destine for the Premier League at one point with many offers being made for them, suprised they signed for me to be honest but not complaining one bit. All three will be in the starting XI for the new season. I will update the players on the way out in due course as i am yet to comfirm all the deals, there will be a couple of permanents i reckon and a few more loans as i have some decent youngsters i dont really want to sell right now.

Archived