New Pitch Advert \o/

AH thats what its advertising, i have mine set in 2D

I do love it when the new ones appear though, seems more realistic, and i got bored of the few months when it was just "FML"

I was thinking about this idea this morning.

What if they had for example.. a Dominos advert around the pitch and when you click it, it takes you directly to the Dominos order online site, same can be done for Play, Amazon etc, think of the advertising revenue SI could generate with that!

I was thinking about this idea this morning.

What if they had for example.. a Dominos advert around the pitch and when you click it, it takes you directly to the Dominos order online site, same can be done for Play, Amazon etc, think of the advertising revenue SI could generate with that!

And you can order a pizza whilst playing, sounds like a brilliant idea:D

I remember seeing a Watchmen advert - forget it that was FML or FM now, but I'd love to see SI get more of this on :thup:

that was FML. I remember somebody (probably Marc Duffy) saying that it was something they was trialling, and it was handled by a 3rd party as to what was advertised, but again, that was for FML, hopefully they have brought it across to 09, maybe in view to go whole hog for 10

If you visit that well known 'sort it out' site you can download an advertising utility and change the pictures as often as you like.

I've just updated mine with the new sponsors for my club. And pictures of me behind the goals look very nice!

jayahr - Yes. With any luvk it will make the game cheaper/better due to more money for SI.

Highly doubt it would get any cheaper, unfortently. I thought of that when games started to be sold as online downloads, yet they are just as expensive as getting the boxed version.

Not liking the idea of in-game ads...but I guess it's getting more and more common in today's games.

If you visit that well known 'sort it out' site you can download an advertising utility and change the pictures as often as you like.

I've just updated mine with the new sponsors for my club. And pictures of me behind the goals look very nice!

Is there any chance you could provide me with the link? :D I've tried looking but can't find it. Maybe PM the link? :D

Thanks

Don't let Wakers see this! ;)

Yeah, I'm also pro-advertising in games, as I've argued on here many, many times before. It's a way to increase revenue which is undoubtedly falling somewhat thanks to piracy which isn't quite as prevalent on console systems. Advertising in games has been around since the early nineties and before. Anyone remember James Pond II: Robocod? Sponsored by Penguins, and had a penguin ad at the beginning of the game (and that game was ffffb btw).

Yeah, this is slightly different, because the ads come from the Internet, but I still don't see what the actual issue here. People always say "I don't like ads", or "I disagree with adware", but there's never a good reason for it. If you don't like them - ignore them. These ads aren't intrusive in anyway, they don't detract from the game - if anything, they add to the realism.

I quite like them... The only thing i'd say though is that while only one advert is flagged to be shown, the FM Live ones should stay up too. Just 1 ad all over is a bit bland, so it'd look better if broken up by some FMLive stuff.

Back before we could turn off the "click to be linked" thing I wasn't a fan at all, but now they are totally unobtrusive I think it's a good thing.

Yeah I want them to update but I dont want to be able to click on them, was really annoying when I accidentally click on one then a page has to load to that site, but then it kind of takes the whole point out of why SI have them.

Don't let Wakers see this! ;)

We can't let Wakers see most things :D;)

If you accidentally click on them, they're horrible. The rest of the time, I don't know they're there.

I say we get Alexsandr Orsov comparing meerkats around the side of the pitch :D

We can't let Wakers see most things :D;)

If you accidentally click on them, they're horrible. The rest of the time, I don't know they're there.

I say we get Alexsandr Orsov comparing meerkats around the side of the pitch :D

I'm pretty sure that you now turn off the hyperlinks in these adverts in preferences.

Used to be quite annoying when you couldn't though.

Yeah, this is slightly different, because the ads come from the Internet, but I still don't see what the actual issue here. People always say "I don't like ads", or "I disagree with adware", but there's never a good reason for it. If you don't like them - ignore them. These ads aren't intrusive in anyway, they don't detract from the game - if anything, they add to the realism.

I don't like the fact that I pay for a game that installs adware on my pc and I have no choice in the matter.

I can fully understand why it doesn't bother many people at this stage, but when will it become too much for you? Because you accept it now you can expect to see adware and targeted advertising increase year by year until even the most accepting will start to find it horribly intrusive.

I can fully understand why it doesn't bother many people at this stage, but when will it become too much for you? Because you accept it now you can expect to see adware and targeted advertising increase year by year until even the most accepting will start to find it horribly intrusive.

The line for me would be drawn at whether the advertising is in a place you would expect to see it at a football match.

When going to a real football match the advertising is far more in your face than it is in FM, pretty much everything has sponsors names plastered all over it.

If the adverts started appearing in menus or other places where it doesn't in real life then I would find it intrusive, but for now I think it is perfectly reasonable and non intrusive. If anything it adds a bit of realism and atmosphere to the match day screen.

Ye ive got that advert shame they dont have rolling boards changing through the match like at most prem stadiums or adverts suited towards the stadium i.e the difference between advertiosing at lower and higher clubs and the different technology. Oh well suppose its just added profit for SI and sega and probably steam

Thanks dafuge, but i ment anyone know how to remove the "knowing" ones? Im a team in the BLSQ South, installed some adboard pack which has ads for the that low down and all i get is "knowing" everywhere!

Ive done the folders correctly and reloaded skin loads of time but still they dont show up :(

Archived