Youth System and Regens and AI Team Picking - Needs improving!

I find that when I'm a club, especially larger ones e.g. Manchester United, the younger stars e.g. Federico Macheda start off decent ratings if not poor, which is fair enough, as long as they improve into World Class players like they would in real life, ok, not every youth at a big club goes on to do well, but on FM09, i haven't seen one youth player that is really good break through or get much better. However, the regens (the better ones), start off with brilliant ratings and continue to improve regularly, whereas the good IRL youngsters, do not as much.

Also, IRL, Sir Alex will rotate regularly and towards the end of the season play his complete reserves if his full team isn't needed, also in the League Cup he will chop and change between reserve players. I feel they don't do this enough in FM09 and they just play their main team every game pretty much, rotating is now a big part of football but on the game players don't get rotated enough and as a result aren't happy because they never get played, wheres IRL because they get rotated e.g. Darren Fletcher, O'Shea, Park they are quite happy to stay and fight for their place.

P.S. Sorry about using Man U as example all the time i support Watford just they seemed the best example all the time!

TIA

Jamie Luck:thup:

Archived