Changing Club and Competition Names

How many change the names of the clubs or competitions in their FM database?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How many change the names of the clubs or competitions in their FM database?

• I change team names and competition names
    • I only change team names
    • I only change competition names
    • I change neither and start the game with the original names
    • I change other names in my FM database

I'm not sure what thread, I think Peter_Evo mentioned it. He changes the names of promising youth players, to something noticeable. So, when your assistant comes along and tells you that "Batman" only has six months left on his contract, you know to get him signed up for an extension.

There's a download you can get which correctly changes the name to each league in the game.

That's good, but I don't want all of the 'official' names all of the time. For example, I even get rid of the official LIBA BBVA and replace it with Spanish Primera Liga, or something like that

I change all the league names so that they make sense.

For instance, it goes; English Premiership, English First Division, English Second Division, English Third Division, English Conference etc.

I mean, I don't mind names being changed, but Championship for a league that isn't the championship is kinda ridiculous. Keep in mind, I'd rather watch a First Division game than a Premiership match, but it isn't the championship of anything.

Don't really have any desire to change the database, but I do like adding to it. For example I added me and a few mates to a few lower league teams as young kids with quite high PA for the standard they're at (and I mean not even playable league). Can be quite fun to monitor how their career progresses, although the furthest any of 'us' has got so far is a £1000 transfer to Bromley in the Conference South, though Motherwell are interested in one of us so we shall see....

Archived