[FM09] The Other Red Side of Manchester - Featuring Bernard Brennan

hamilton162

fcumbadge.png

This is a save that runs alongside Dafuge’s Challenge and Neppo’s Youth Player Project threads.

This is an active save, so I shall continue to post updates when I have finished each season.

This game is being run on FM09 on patch 9.1.0, which was subsequently updated with 9.2.0 and 9.3.0 when they were released. No edits to the database have been made, but I have used a .ddt file to ensure that all clubs playable in Dafuge’s Challenge contain the players that the clubs have on their books in real life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just going to add a few points regarding the cheating accusations that have been made both in this thread and across the forums in general.

1. I know i've not cheated, so if you're looking for me to say that i've cheated, then you're not going to get it.

2. If you choose not to believe me, then it's fine by me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i respect that.

3. If you choose not to believe me, then there's no need to come into this thread and accuse me of cheating constantly.

4. If you repeatedly post in here saying that i've cheated, then i'm going to ask to have your posts removed as they're not needed when i've repeatedly expressed my thoughts on this topic several times in both this thread and across the forums.

5. Questions regarding the save are welcomed, i will happily answer them to the best of my ability. I'd rather your air you air your concerns and have them answered than let things come to a head in one angry, violent post. However, if this drifts into constant spam posts, i'll have the posts deleted as stated above.

Thanks for your time

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC United Update Season 2009/10

Media Prediction: 20th

Actual Position: 1st - Champions

FA Cup - 1st Round

Conference Cup - 2nd Round North

FA Trophy - 1st Round

Where do i start? A fantastic season for all involved with promotion at the first attempt and automatically as well. I also won Manager of the Year Hopes of the playoffs at best were beaten. I would have accepted beating the drop at the start, but my aim was to finish mid table. That was out of the window halfway through as i realised that we could gain automatic promotion at the first attempt. The only time we lost was to Boston United in the 8th game and from there we went on a 34 match unbeaten run which didn't end

Alex MacDonald - He was an incredible loan signing, our top scorer with 20 in the BSN and 4 in the cups. I am trying to sign him permanantly in the summer

Transfers - Nicky Travis, Ben Hinchcliffe, Nathan D'Laryea and Robbie Rice are the standout free signings, Paul Taylor and Nathan Jarman the players who i had to pay for.

Squad - Over the summer, strength in depth needs to be assembled, especially if MacDonald doesn't sign for us. I'm in the market for another striker and a right and left winger

Table - Won the title by 18 points, could have been more if i had turned draws into wins in the final 5 games

Graph - Once we hit the top for the second time, we never looked back

Finances - Only in the red because i released Barry Hayles for £35,000 compensation as i was over wage budget, he was the highest earner by far and he wasn't even playing for the second half of the season

Best 11 - As this is the first season playable in FM09 for FCUM, the Best Eleven Overall Screen contains exactly the same players as the Best 11 for this season

Aims for Next Year

1) Survive Relegation back to the BSN

2) Have a cup run

3) Improve finances

4) Get strength in depth in squad

5) Get another Striker - Hopefully Alex MacDonald

FC United Hamilton162 Season 2 2010/11 Update

A brilliant season ending with the BSP and FA Trophy titles

Best Player - Potts was superb all season long, grabbing 52 goals in all comps as we romped to the Blue Square Premier Title. His goals also enabled us to win the FA Trophy against Notts County in front of 20,000 people at Wembley.

Graph

Squad

Finances

Best 11 Season

Best 11 Overall

Transfers

Top Goalscorer

Manager of the Year

100th Game

Kit Sponsorship Deal

Aims for Next Season

1/ Get in another lethal striker/resign Potts on loan for another year

2/ Stay up

3/ Increase finances to £1million+

Season Review – FC United – Season 3 2011/12

Our first season in the football league turned out to be a massive success. I was expecting a relegation battle this season, but hoping for Mid-table. That was as good as I thought it would get.

How wrong I was. We never dropped into the bottom third of the table all season and we were in and out of the playoffs for most of the season. We had a chance of sneaking automatic promotion on the last day of the season, but sadly it wasn’t to be. Wycombe snuck into 3rd on goal difference that was 2 better than ours

As it was, we made it into the playoffs. I was excited and nervous at the same time as I haven’t been involved in the playoffs in FM for some time. A 6-1 aggregate win over Aldershot set us up perfectly for the final, but with top scorer Michael Potts and other influential players out injured, it wasn’t to be. We lost to Brentford in the playoff final 1-0. I wasn’t too disappointed, given that we had outplayed expectations all season.

On the other hand, our FA Cup run was a massive success. We got to the Semi-Finals before being knocked out by West Ham thanks to 2 late Dean Ashton goals. But along the way we beat Portsmouth 2-0, Arsenal 1-0 and Everton 3-0 all away from home. I doubt that we will match that achievement until if and when we get to the Premiership.

Best Player – Michael Potts was superb again, bagging 22 goals in the league and 25 altogether. But he was inconsistent this season, having 3 goal droughts, albeit none more than 400 mins.

Squad

Table

Graph

Finances – Boosted massively by our FA Cup run to the Semi-Finals

Aims for next Season

1) Sign more players of better quality. Hopefully I will get more than £100k than I got this year because of the huge increase in finances

2) Mount a serious title challenge

3) Win a trophy (The JPT or League 2 would do)

Get a new striker to partner Potts as the next highest total goals was 12 from Chris Gordon. Potts is on loan until Jan at the very least. But I may try and get Man Utd as a feeder club

FC United History

[color=black][font=Verdana]Season              League                                     Position               Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2009/12             Blue Square North[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]                      1st                     BSN Champions[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2010/11             Blue Square[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana] Premier                    1st                     BSP Champions, FA Trophy Winners[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2011/12             League 2                                  4th                     FA Cup Semi-Finalists, Playoff Finalists[/font][/color]

FC United Season Review – Season 4 (2012-13) – League 2

Positions Graph - League Table – Well, what can I say? This season I expected to challenge for promotion, but the title was a distant dream. However, we ran away with the league, clinching promotion with 9 games left and the title a game later. A truly dominant season We also went on an amazing 40 match unbeaten run in the league that didn’t end!!!

FA Cup – Pleased that we reached the 5th Round for the second time in 2 seasons, but I felt we could and should have beaten QPR at home. But knocking out Liverpool in front of the Kop more than makes up for it

JPT – Nothing special here, reached the 3rd Round and lost to York as I rested players to concentrate on the League 2 promotion race

League Cup – Had a bye to the second round where we lost to . Again, I wanted to concentrate on the league, so players were rested.

Finances – Dropped massively from last year, but the cup run only featured 1 match away against a Prem team. We also spent loads on transfers as well, including Michael Potts on a permanent deal for a record £1m. On the bright side, we announced a new sponsorship deal worth £700k per year, lasting for 2 years

Squad 1Squad 2 – A good squad that ripped League 2 to shreds. Good depth but all of the dead wood shall be cleared in the summer to make way for new signings and reduce the wage bill.

Alex Marrow – Quite simply brilliant, 18 goals from midfield in all comps, mostly long range screamers, capped the 23 year old’s best season yet. He was on loan, but his contract runs out very soon at Blackburn and I am hoping that he will sign for us

Michael Potts – Not as prolific as the past 2 seasons, but was injured for 2 and a half months total and 16 goals is a respectable tally considering his numerous goal droughts and injuries. He is really close to the record number of appearances for the club. He currently has 126 and the record stands at 129. He will break it this season, I am sure.

Steve Nicholson – Outstanding, with 35 assists in all comps, this guy is a real star of the future. A bargain buy from Rotherham in the summer for £350k. My best signing so far I reckon

Transfers – A lot spent but some quality players gained. All of them worth the money, apart from Mel Morris who didn’t fit into my tactical systems in the end.

Team of the Year – 2 of my players got into team of the year. Steve Nicholson wasn’t exactly a surprise, but Bogard was and the exclusion of Alex Marrow is very puzzling.

On a personal note, I won Manager of the Year by a mile and I have been in charge for over 200 games. 229 to be precise.

Best 11 – Season

Best 11 - Overall

Aims for Next Season

1)Mid Table Finish

2)Build up Finances Again

3)Win JPT if possible

4)Strengthen the squad, particularly up front, left wing, centre mid and central defence

Hamilton162’s Season Review – 2013/14 – FC United – League 1 Champions!!!

Well, what a breathtaking season My aims for the season were to stay up and get a mid-table finish, as I told the board. But my players and new signings had other ideas!

In the League, we were totally dominant and were never out of the automatic promotion places, clinching our second successive league crown. We also went the entire season undefeated, thanks to a last minute Michael Potts penalty on the last day of the season and our unbeaten streak currently stands at a massive 86 league games (Including the season in League 2)

In the cups, we were alright. We reached the 4th Round of the FA Cup before going down 2-1 at home to EPL side Portsmouth, taking revenge for us dumping them out at the 6th Round stage 2 years back.

The League Cup was alright, albeit a 5-3 extra time loss against Port Vale was disappointing as we had more possession and chances than they did.

The JPT wasn’t important really as I had decided a few weeks into the season that the league would be out main focus. As a result, we got knocked out in the 2nd Round, due to me fielding a mixture of youth and reserve team players to keep them happy.

The Squad

GoalkeepersBen Amos was brilliant all the way through. My most expensive signing to date at £2.2m on deadline day in August from parent club Man Utd, he had a shaky start but was magnificent from about 10 games into the season. Ron-Robert Zieler got 4 games before Amos came in and is now unhappy and wants to leave. Rhys Evans is leaving on a free in the summer as he has played 3 games in 2 seasons and is getting on a bit.

DefenceNana Ofori-Twumasi and Lee Molyneux continued their partnership this season with some solid defending and brilliant support down the wings. In the centre, Jody Williams and Wes Morgan came in during the summer and formed an outstanding partnership that saw us concede only 33 goals during the whole campaign. Morgan may need replacing in the summer as he is only classed as a “Decent Championship DC”

Midfield - Alex Marrow had another superb season. 21 goals in all competitions, an average rating of 7.12 and 10 assists is a great season in anyone’s book and in any league. Miroslav Stoch was brought in on a free in the summer and did and excellent job down the left flank. Steve Nicholson had an average year, but he is only 20 and has great potential according to my new Ass Man. Stephen Hay did a good job in the centre of the park, creating chances, scoring a few goals and breaking up attacks. Lots of backup players are leaving in the summer to thin down my squad, reduce the wage bill and leave space for more players of a better standard to come in.

StrikersMichael Potts was in sensational form as he bagged 30 goals in the league and thus the Top Goalscorer Award for League 1. Paul Barisic provided a useful 18 goals in the league and was an excellent target man for Potts to play off of. Peter Thompson was good backup and scored 9 goals in the league this season, albeit he is now unhappy like most of my squad due to lack of first team football.

Finances – If it wasn’t for generous FCUM chairman Andy Walsh pumping £5m into the club at the start of the season, we would be in the red. The wage bill was far too high and will be reduced when half of my squad leave in the summer and I sign some less expensive players to replace them

Best 11 This Season – No real surprises there

Best 11 Overall – Again, no real surprises.

Manager of the Year – On a personal note, I ran away with Manager of the Year due to our incredible performance in the League

Team of the Year - League 1 - No supprises as Potts and a couple of others get rewarded for excelent performances this campaign

Transfers

Aims for Next Season

• Survive
  • Increase finances and make a profit
  • Get in better players on free transfers

The Promised Land

FC United – Season 2014/15 - Championship

Well, what can I say!? Another unbelievable season ended in drama and glory. Lets take a look back at FC United’s first season playing Championship football, looking at the highs and lows along the way.

League / Positions Graph: A season of consolidation was in order after 2 straight promotions and titles in Leagues 1 and 2 during the previous 2 seasons. The season started brightly with a good run, but tailed off slightly mid-season due to fatigue and a run of 6 matches without a win. Things soon got back on track and after a frantic and very exciting end to the regular season for everyone in and around the top 6, 3rd place was unexpectedly secured on the final day.

Going into the playoffs, I expected to get to the final. My expectations then would depend on who I would face in the Final. If it was Reading I were to face, I would be happy with another season in this league. If it was to be Watford, then I wanted and expected promotion having done the double over them earlier in the season

1st Leg – We played well at the Liberty Stadium until the 80th minute, when Stuart Smith misjudged a header and Swansea took the lead. Our loss was secured 5 mins later when Stuart Smith missed an interception and Swansea took full advantage

2nd Leg – I believed that we had a chance to get through, as long as we grabbed an early goal. Bernard Brennan did just that and we were quickly 2-0 in front and level at 2-2 on aggregate. Then the nerves kicked in as Steve Nicholson missed an interception during a goalmouth scramble and Fryatt poked home from a yard. It was all or nothing, but then out of the blue, we scored again through Paul Barisic and I went mad, nearly smashing the PC Monitor in the process!!! Our place in the final was secured when Brennan headed in from a cross from Demenage, secured his hat-trick and our ticket to Wembley for the 3rd time this season!

Final – This was an extremely open game, with chances at either end but no clear cut ones. After 66 minutes of agony, who else but Bernard Brennan rocketed home a header to send the FC United Fans and Manager into ecstasy. It was a nervous final 5 minutes, with Watford pushing as hard as they could to snatch an equaliser. But we held on and secured our place in the Premiership for the first time in our history.

FA Cup

This season, I was in desperate need of a decent cup run to boost our finances. And what a run it was!!! I expected to get to the 5th Round, the 6th at the very best, but we managed to get to the Final for the first time in our history I didn’t expect to beat Arsenal as they are the Premier League Champions and have won the competition for the last 2 years. I was amazed that we managed to score, but we got beaten 4-1 which was a fair reflection of the game.

Squad:

In goal was the reliable Ben Amos who provided some important saves, but was extremely unpredictable at times. Providing cover for Amos was highly rated young startlet Paddy Pitcher.

At the heart of the defence, Jody Williams was a rock. Didn’t make any mistakes and his aerial dominance of every striker was superb. One for the future and still only 21. His partner kept changing, but I eventually settled on 19 year old Stuart Smith to partner Williams. At 19, I was not expecting spectacular performances, but he did a superb job. He was alternated with Wes Morgan, Loanee Shane Duffy and Matthew Brown. At left back, Lee Molyneux continued to impress following his mid-season switch last term. He provided excellent defensive work and also set up a fair few goals with his corners and mazy runs down the left. He even scored direct from a corner in February!!!! Completing the back 4 at right back was the ever reliable Nana Ofori-Twumassi. A now veteran at the club having been with us since the Non-League days, he may be leaving in the summer to leave room for Stuart McGoldrick or a new signing to take his place. He provided great service this season as always and his work was invaluable.

Onto the middle of the park and the emerging star that is Steve Nicholson had his best season yet. He provided 24 assists and 16 goals in an incredible season and there is still plenty more to come from him in the future. He is the future of this club. On the opposite flank, Miroslav Stoch continued to impress with his speed, crossing and ability with the ball at his feet. He was reduced to substitute appearances during the 2nd half of the season as young French winger Armand Demenage came in for a paltry fee of £475k. The 2 centre mids were constantly changing, but Sean Geddes was a regular and provided some solid performances and a couple of stunning goals. Loanee Robert Boddy, Alex Marrow and Stephen Hay were rotated in the other slot, with January signing Bandar Al-Suwaylem slotting right into the role when needed. Another loanee, Liam Suckling, provided cover for both the central and left sided roles.

Up front, Michael Potts had another sensational season. 23 league goals and 28 overall shows that despite the level of defences upping constantly, he is still a brilliant player. He is a club legend IMO and rightly so given his performances and loyalty to us since I first signed him on loan 5 years ago when we were still playing non-league footy.

However, a new signing stole his limelight this season. January Signing Bernard Brennan was simply unbelievable after signing for a bargain £28k on the first day of the new year. He managed to net 25 league goals in just 20 appearances and another 4 in 4 cup games. It seemed fitting that he was the man to send us into the promised land, it was just a shame that he didn’t share the limelight with Potts. He also managed to come 2nd in the Top Goalscorer Award, despite played less than twice as many games as the winner did!!! He will be a real star in the future, goodness knows what he may do in the Premier League next year

Completely overshadowed by my first choices were the ageing Peter Thompson and young Aussie Paul Barisic. Thompson had a great season and scored 19 goals in his best season yet for us, yet was only 3rd in our scoring charts for the season!! Barisic was providing cover after Brennan came in, but popped up with some vital goals, none more so than the one which sent us into the playoff final.

On a personal note, I came 2nd in the Manager of the Year Award

Aims for Next Season

• Survive
  • Build up finances
  • Bring in some quality players to enable us to stay up and be competitive in the promised land of the Premier League
  • Did someone mention survive!?

Career Overview:

[color=black][font=Verdana]Season    Division               Position      Achievements [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2009/10 |Blue Square North     [/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]|1st         |BSN Champions[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2010/11 |Blue Square Premier    |1st         |BSP Champions[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2011/12 |League 2                  |5th         |Lost in Playoff Final, FA Cup Semi-Finalists[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2012/13 |League 2                  |1st         |L2 Title[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2013/14 |League 1                 [/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]|1st         |L1 Title[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2014/15 |Championship            |3rd         |Playoff Winners, FA Cup Finalists [/font][/color]

Invincibles

FC United – Season 2015-16 – English Premier League

Well, what a year!!! A fantastic season with a magical ending. Let’s take a look back at FC United’s first season of playing in the top flight of English football, looking at their star players, failures and success stories along the way.

League / Positions Graph: 7 years ago when I started out, if someone had told me that we would have been Premier League Champions within the first 7 years, I would have told them that there were bonkers!! How wrong I was! After a Tycoon Takeover by Ryan Preece in the summer, I wanted a safe mid table finish. However, it soon became clear after the first few games that we were serious contenders for the EPL Title. We were consistent throughout, and after going through a rough patch halfway through, we bucked up our ideas and went on a great run until the end of the season that saw us crowned champions with 3 games to spare in front of our own fans at Gigg Lane after beating Manchester United 3-1. Bernard Brennan grabbed a brace to ensure that history was made and within 11 years of its formation, FC United were deservedly crowned champions of England for the first time.

FA Cup Final: After being deservedly beaten in last year’s final by a brilliant Arsenal side, I was determined to build a squad that was capable of dominating the competition this time round. After breezing through the early rounds, we had a tough Semi draw against a Spurs team full of young talent. A quite simply exquisite lob from Chinese superstar Lu Chao ensured that we would be back at Wembley for the final once more. And we dominated it, winning 3-1 against Aston Villa when we could and definitely should have scored at least 5. Bernard Brennan was the hero as his 2 goals ensured that a League and Cup Double was secured and that the only major competition that is missing from our trophy cabinet is the Champions League.

Finances: I wanted to improve these this season, and I did just that with Ryan Preece ensuring that the balance was always topped up after a spending spree. The EPL brought in £20.5m as prize money, the FA Cup brought in a lot as well. These should improve even more with Champions League footy coming to Gigg Lane next season

Squad and Transfers: There was plenty of chopping and changing this season as I needed a clear out following our unexpected promotion the year before. Thanks to my millions from Ryan Preece, I was able to spend, spend and spend some more, which ensured that whatever top-class talent I needed and wanted came to us, no matter what the transfer fee may have been!

In goal was Remy Riou, who enjoyed a superb season between the sticks. 21 clean sheets and just 40 conceded in 44 games was an outstanding return from the Frenchman. Providing backup to him were youth prospects Paddy Pitcher and Michael Short.

In front of him in the defence was ever reliable Chinese defender Zhang Jian. He was inconsistent at times, but recovered well to get a decent average rating for the season and contributed far more than his stats for the season show. Alexander Cuellar signed in January and felt instantly at home, be it in the right back or centre pack berth. He was an outstanding addition to the squad and may well lead the side in the future. A real talent that I have been tracking for some time, he has the potential to become a club legend. Ronald Christopher signed in August and slotted into the left back slot with ease. After some intense training to re-position him, he became a natural RB as well and performed well there from January until the end of the season. Completing the back line was the amazing David Vrba. His runs down the wing were a constant threat to the opposition and did well when called upon defensively. Stuart Smith, Jody Williams and Stuart McGoldrick provided the cover for the ever-reliable back 4.

In the midfield, Ali Kvarnolf was the star. The Finnish playmaker was a key player in our title and FA Cup wins. He provided excellent service to the wingers and front men, whilst also bagging 13 long range screamers to top off an incredible first season with the club. Versatile playmaker and wonderkid John Pucket also played a central role in our success this season. It is amazing to think that he only came through the academy at the start of the season What a future he has in front of him. He also won the Young Player of the Year Award, a deserved reward for an incredible debut season. Richard Gutierrez was a player that I had been tracking for some time. Eventually, he was mine after AZ accepted a £9.5m bid in July. Can play either in a central or wide left role and is a brilliant player all round. Completing the midfield quad was Armand Demenage. A French playmaker signed last January for a bargain £475k, he provided pace and skill on the ball. A hard worker and a great prospect who is classed as a wonderkid like fellow winger John Puckett. Steve Nicholson provided backup for both wings and did an excellent job, whilst Sean Geddes chipped in with some good performances from time to time when called upon. Italian youngster Denni Foti was also a good acquisition and has great potential. Solid this season when he did appear.

Up front, Chinese superstar Lu Chao was an excellent signing. For £12m, he brought pace and power to the front line, whilst popping up with vital and exquisite goals as well as many assists. He was rotated with January signing Kevin Murray, who was also a bargain at £12m. Both of these were fighting it out for a place as there was another super striker that just couldn’t stop scoring...

Bernard “God” Brennan was amazing, unbelievable, superb, exquisite, awe inspiring... There are so many superlatives to describe him with, but none are worthy of the great man. He is far too good for this or indeed any league. A club legend, 41 goals overall, 33 in the league, a place in the EPL Team of the Year, the Player of the Year, Top Goalscorer and European Golden Boot says it all. A remarkable talent at 22 and still plenty of room for improvement according to my ass man. A club legend and rightly so, he is quite possibly the greatest player that my game shall ever see. He shall be forever remembered as the player that took us almost by himself to the crown of Champions of England in our first season in the top flight. There is only one thing left to say. Europe watch out, because Brennan is about

On a personal note, I was named Manager of the Year and I am now officially a Club Legend

Targets for last Season

· Survive Complete

· Build up finances Complete

· Bring in some quality players to enable us to stay up and be competitive in the promised land of the Premier League Complete

· Did someone mention survive!? Complete

Targets for Next Season

· Win the EPL again

· Get to the semi finals of the champions league at least

· Get a new stadium

Career Overview

[color=black][font=Verdana]Season    Division               Position      Achievements [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2009/10  Blue Square North     [/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]1st          BSN Champions[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2010/11  Blue Square[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana] Premier   1st          BSP Champions[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2011/12  League 2                 5th          Lost in Playoff Final, FA Cup Semi-Finalists[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2012/13  League 2                 1st          L2 Title[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2013/14  League 1                 1st          L1 Title[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2014/15  Championship           3rd          Playoff Winners, FA Cup Finalists [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]2015/16  Premier League         1st          Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners[/font][/color]

Champions League Final 2017 - FC United Vs Lyon

Hello and welcome to the Gazprom-arena in St Petersburg, Russia for the Champions League Final of 2017. Neither FC United nor Lyon have ever reached the final of this great competition before in their respective histories. And a first time winner shall thus be crowned tonight in front of 90,000 fans.

FC United have had an incredible run through the draw, beating teams such as Barcelona in the Group stages, who were followed by Ajax, Liverpool and Manchester United as FCUM came charging through the bottom half of the draw to claim their place in tonight's final.

Lyon have also had an incredible run this year. Although placed in an easy group, ties against the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have had it difficult for the French side.

And so to the linups:

FC United: Riou; Cuellar, Vrba, Neumann, Zhang; Nicholson, Demanage, Kvarnolf, Joseph; Brennan, Thuller

Lyon: Lloris, Dogan, Bellaid, Faty; Pjanic, Robben, Poli, Toulalan, Kallstrom; Benzema, Tafer

FC United look the stronger team on paper, but the key in this match lies with the legendary Bernard Brennan. The 23 year old from Ireland is the top scorer in this competition and if the likes of Demanage and Fernando provide him with good service tonight, this could be over before it has even started. With 12 goals so far, he has been in lethal form. But can Lyon stop him in his tracks?

It's almost time for kick-off, so let's hand over to our commentary team, John Motson and David Platt for the Champions League Final of 2017. Over to you John...

1 min: GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!! FC United are ahead!!!! From the kick off, Toulalan passed back to Bellaid, but Bernard Brennan nipped in and buried the ball into the net!! FC United 1-0 Lyon.

4 mins: But that lead has lasted all of 3 minutes, Tafer volleying in from close range after FCUM failed to clear a corner. Game on!! FC United 1-1 Lyon

26 mins: GOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!!! It's Bernard Brennan again! The Irishman heading into the bottom corner from a Steve Nicholson corner to put the club from Gigg Lane back in front! Drama here at the Gazprom-arena!! FC United 2-1 Lyon

43 mins: GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!! Michael Thuller buries a chance to put FCUM 2 goals to the good. He latched onto a great ball from strike partner Brennan and smashed the ball past the helpless Lloris in the Lyon goal. Is that the goal that seals the Champions League for FC United? FC United 3-1 Lyon

FULL TIME: That's it!! FC United, founded in 2005, are champions of Europe for the first time. A stunning display of attacking football topped with a 3-1 win over Lyon has sealed it for them. Bernard Brennan takes home the match ball for his 2 goals and an assist in a brilliant display. Scenes of joy a**** the fans, players and the coaching staff.

Michael Plattini presents the disconsolate Lyon players with their medals. They look distraught, but unfortunately there could only be one winner tonight.

And now, the FC United players, having recieved their medals, step onto the podium for the presentation of the Champions League Trophy. And Captain Bernard Brennan and Manager Tom Beckford thrust the trophy skywards to set off the fireworks and the cheers of delight from the players, fans and all associated with the club.

And we can now speak to victorious manager Tom Beckford.

Clive: Tom, the greatest achievement ever for you and your side?

Tom: Indeed Clive, it is. We came in with a good team, high morale and in the end, our quality brought us through.

Clive: This must be an immensly emotional moment for you?

Tom: Yes, but for the players as well, especially Bernard (Brennan). He's been fantastic this season and deserves all the plaudits for what he has achieved on a personal scale and with the team. And he's done so with the burden of being captain of this magnificent club.

Clive: When you started out 8 years ago in the Blue Square North, did you ever think that this journey to the Champions League and Premier League Titles was a realistic goal?

Tom: Well, i knew it was going to be a huge challenge that's for sure. But i thought it would take much, much longer than it has done. Credit goes to every single player that has played for us since 2009, they've helped guide me and the club to the position that we find ourselves in tonight and should be proud to be a part of this club's glorious history.

Clive: Anything else to say Tom?

Tom: Nothing other than these 2 words which i've been longing to say since we started out in the Blue Square North all those years ago...

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

:D

Champions in Waiting

FC United – Season 2016/17 – English Premier League

A magical season for the other red half of Manchester. FC United of Manchester, 12 years after their formation, simply picked up the rule book and ripped the rest of England, and indeed Europe and the World, to shreds. Let’s take a look back at this historic season in the history of FC United of Manchester.

League Table / Positions Graph: Well, after so much anticipation and waiting, we were crowned champions of the Premier League last May in front of our expectant fans at a packed Gigg Lane. The challenge this year was to retain our title as champions of England. And we did so, losing just 5 games en route to a 2nd successive Premier League title. We were the most consistent team around and in the end, our quality and consistency saw us through and we wrapped up the title with 3 games left at the JJB Stadium after beating Wigan 3-0. Bernard Brennan grabbed the goal and 2 assists that ensured that the Premier League trophy was to remain in FC United hands for at least another season.

FA Cup: Not much to report on in this competition in truth. We won it last year and the board expected us to get to the 6th Round this time. But we were dumped out 2 rounds earlier than that by a rampant Arsenal team. But in truth, I didn’t mind as this was not our focus for the season and meant that we had to play less games and could concentrate on our real goal, the Champions League.

UEFA Champions League: What a job we did in this competition. We had a tough group, but sailed through it with a magnificent 9-0 demolition of Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Ties against Ajax, Liverpool and Man Utd followed, but the opposition were dispatched with ease as we romped into our first Champions League Final. And what a final it was! Brennan scoring twice, thus breaking the record for most goals in a season, and providing an assist for Thuller who scored our third to secure the UEFA Champions League title in our first season in the competition.

To win the competition was my aim, but I thought that as being too far away from us this year. But Brennan and the others proved me wrong, as they so often have in my 8 seasons.

Finances:These are in pretty good shape thanks to the £20m we receive from winning the Premier League and UEFA Champions League. A record amount was spent on new players this season in order to get us a squad of the highest quality. This was all possible thanks to our chairman Ryan Preece. It was also a year of record outgoings, with Kevin Murray going to Chelsea for £53m + 50% Sell on Clause + £5m~ for 40 league goals, which was a great deal. Preece helped to maintain the level of money in the bank to around £40-45m when we had made a loss in a month.

Transfers: As I have already said, it was a very busy season in the transfer market. Several players of high quality came in to replace old players or those who simply weren’t cut out for the top flight. Thuller stands out as the best signing, he provided excellent finishing and was a good strike partner for Brennan. Fellow German Neumann was a great addition and a rock at the back.

Squad: I’m not planning a major spending spree this year as we already have a strong squad. I might bring in a goalie and a centre back to provide competition for Riou, Neumann and Jian but that’s probably it. I’m very happy with the strength in depth that we have and unless a player gets badly injured or wants a move/runs down their contract, which isn’t likely, then no-one else is going to join the elite list!

Squad Analysis:

In goal was the impeccable Remy Riou. The Frenchman continued his outstanding form that he showed last season. At 29, he’s got a few more years left in him yet. That’s as long as Paddy Pitcher and/or Michael Shortdon’t overtake him in the pecking order. These 2 are great prospects for the future and will no doubt be fighting between each other for the England goalie jersey in a few years time. I’ll look to bring in a backup keeper so that they can go on loan to gain some vital experience next year.

A continual presence at right back this season was Alexander Cuellar. The man from Paraguay was in scintillating form this season. He even started to score in the last 10 or so games and I was actually worried that he would prevent Brennan from getting the record for most goals in a season. His stats have dropped considerably since last year, but that’s because he’s become 2 footed as I’ve been training him as a left back in case of emergency. Zhang Jian was great alongside Cuellar again this season. He was dominant in the air, despite his height, great on the ground and never let his man get away from him. Robert Neumann was a sensation when he arrived. He was utterly, utterly dominant in the air alongside Jian and never failed to disappoint. He’s a real rock at the back and was a bargain buy from Bayern Munich from just £9.5m. Completing the back quad was David Vrba from the Czech Republic. The versatile left sided player was an integral part of our team as he provided defensive stability whilst also providing the opposing right back with some difficulties. He links up well with Demanage and has stated that he wants to stay at FCUM for as long as possible. That’ll be his entire career then! He had an excellent season, providing important assists and the odd stunning 30 yard volley/free kick.

On the wings, there was plenty of competition. Steve Nicholson came back into favour this season and did a sterling job on the right side of the midfield quad. He was blisteringly quick and his brilliant inwsinging corners provided many, many assists for Neumann, Brennan et all. Armand Demanage was even better on the other flank. Signed for under half a million a couple of years ago, he’s turned into a real superstar this year and provided countless assists with his pinpoint crossing from the left wing. Fernando and Flavio came in in January and were fantastic when they played. Rotated between all parts of the midfield was wonderkid and academy prospect John Puckett. He gained more England caps this year and won the Young Player of the Year Award for the 2nd year in succession. He also scored his first 2 England goals in an enthralling 4-3 win over Italy at Wembley in February.

In the centre of the park, Ali Kvarnlof was sensational once more. Although he didn’t score as much as last year, he was a key link up player who took the ball from the back 4 and laid on plenty of chances that were greedily gobbled up by the strikers. Alongside him was American signing Alan Joseph. At £35m, he was by no means cheap, but he is a brilliant player. Him and Kvarnlof are the best centre midfield pairing in the world, and if you were to watch some of our games, you would see why! Peter Hunt came in for a nominal fee in January to provide cover for these 2 when they were injured or in need of a rest after a hectic few weeks. He did extraordinarily well, gelling straight away and keeping Joseph out of the side for a number of weeks!

Lu Chao again provided us with excellent attacking options in the left striker role. He doesn’t score as many as he should do, but that’s because he’s not a goal poacher like someone else is! He provides so much for the team, but lost his place in the side in January. Michael Thuller came in for £16m from Dortmund in January to replace the outgoing Kevin Murray and to provide us with more attacking options. He was brilliant, hitting the ground running and scoring a number of vital goals. At one point, I thought that it was his mission to try and stop a certain man breaking a certain record!

And now we come to the last, but certainly not least player in my squad. Bernard Brennan is an absolute beast. Legendary, insane, superb, extraordinarily fantastic are many words that have been used to describe the man. But none do him and his achievements justice. He’s been showered with praise by me and the rest of the CSE Forum for his goalscoring feats. 54 goals in a single season is immense. But he won the Footballer of the Year, Top EPL Goalscorer, Striker of the Year, came 2nd in thePlayers Player of the Year , Champions League Top Scorer and Champions League Best Playerto boot He also claimed places in the EPL Team of the Year and the Champions League Dream Team. He is a god, and will never leave FC United. He’s just 23 and has achieved all of this whilst being captain of the best side in England, Europe and, shortly, the World. He is a club legend and rightly so. The only thing left to happen to him is to get a stadium named after him! Bernard Brennan, the greatest this world has ever seen (In my save) we salute you!

On a personal note, I was named EPL Manager of the Year for the 2nd time in a row after guiding us to the EPL and UEFA Champions League crowns. I was also announced as the Best Australian Manager of All Time

Other Screenshots:

Club Info

Manager Profile

Club History - Trohphies

Club History - Leagues

Targets for last Season

• Win the EPL again COMPLETE
  • Get to the semi finals of the champions league at least COMPLETE
  • Get a new stadium NOT JUST YET

Targets for Next Season

• Win the EPL
  • Win the Champions League
  • Become Champions of the World
  • Get Brennan to break his record again!
  • Win the FA Cup
  • Win the League Cup
  • Get a New Stadium Named after me or Brennan

Career Overview

And I’ll leave you with a few quotes from the great men that have made this incredible story possible:

Tom Beckford (Manager/ME!): It’s been a wonderful journey that borders on magical and impossible. Everyone has been fantastic. All of the staff, players and fans ever since I began here 8 years ago. It’s been a fantastic season and we’re already preparing to do even better next year”

Michael Potts: I can’t describe my emotions right now. It is a staggering achievement to win the Premier League title just 8 years after starting out in the Blue Square North. Tom (Beckford, Manager) deserves all the credit and plaudits that he has and shall receive for this amazing rise up the leagues. I’ve been part of this squad longer than anyone else and words cannot describe how I feel to have been part of a team who I’ve won so many promotions with. To still be part of this team years on from when I first joined on loan, I feel very privileged and winning the Champions League tonight has just topped it all off perfectly. We’ll only get better from here and I’m proud of what I and everyone else have achieved in the last few years. It’s been brilliant.

Bernard Brennan: It’s been an unbelievable night. To win the Champions League and Premier League is beyond mine and everyone’s wildest dreams. The fans, manager, staff and coaches have been brilliant. It’s been fantastic to be part of such a brilliant team that has been assembled by the greatest manager in the game today. It was great to achieve some amazing things on a personal level this year, but everyone should take credit for the amazing transformation that has taken place at this club over the past 8 years. Roll on next year!

CHALLENGE COMPLETE AT LAST!!!!!!

:D

I like how you put "challenge complete at last" ;). It only took you 8 years to go from the BSN to Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners and Champions League Winners! :eek: Great achievement :thup:

Thanks Raware :thup: Youth Player current report will be posted below this :) I said at last becuase it took me 5 months to do so as i have periods where i cannot play FM at all and i am generally a very slow player.

You like the quotes at the end of that last season report?

FC United - Youth Player Prospects

Season 2014/15

YP1 - Paddy Pitcher - GK

Initial Profile / Initial Coach Report

Season 1 Profile / Season 1 Report

Season 2 Profile / Season 2 Report

Season 3 Profile

Season   Club      Appearances   Clean Sheets  Conceded   MOM  Av Rat
2014/15  FC United 3(2)          3             4          0    6.90
2015/16  FC United 1             1             0          0    6.80
2016/17  FC United 3             2             1          0    7.10

YP2 - Stuart McGoldrick - DR/WBR/MR/AMR

Season 2 Profile / Season 2 Report [Not Availiable]

Season 3 Profile

Season   Club      Appearances   Goals   Assists  MOM  Av Rat
2014/15  FC United 2(20)         0       0        0    6.72
2015/16  FC United 1(3)          0       1        0    6.97
2015/16  Coventry* 14            0       1        0    6.44
2016/17  Reading*  25(1)         1       2        0    6.30 

Season 2015/16

YP3 - Michael Short - GK

Season 2 Profile

2015/16  FC United 2(1)          3             0          0    6.87
2016/17  FC United 3             2             2          0    7.00

YP4 - John Pucket - DM/AMR/AML/AMC

Season 2 Profile

2015/16  FC United 45(2)         3       13       3    7.13
2016/17  FC United 30(11)        2       12       0    7.13

Awards:

Young Player of the Year - EPL 2015/16

Seasonal Best XI - 2015/16

Young Player of the Year - EPL 2016/17

Seasonal Best XI - 2016/17

Overall Best XI - 2016/17

Season 2016/17

YP5 - Marc Beckford - AMC/ST

Notes: My son comes through the ranks and hopefully he shall have a sparkling career.

Season 1 Profile

Notes: A great 1st season, topped of with a brace in the Champions League at the Nou Camp to help us romp to a 9-0 victory.

2016/17  FC United 9(21)         8       4        0    6.95

Awards:

Overall Best XI - 2016/17!!

Season 2017/18

YP 7 - Harry Parsons - DM/MC

Notes: Could be a Leading EPL DM/MC in the future

* Denotes Loan Move

Thanks Raware :thup: Youth Player current report will be posted below this :) I said at last becuase it took me 5 months to do so as i have periods where i cannot play FM at all and i am generally a very slow player.

You like the quotes at the end of that last season report?

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant it as if 8 years was too long ;)

Yeah, the quotes were good. Made me chuckle. I could actually picture Bernard Brennan saying it to the reporter!

Bernard Brennan - Great player - Shocking name! ;)

I tried to make them sound as realistic as possible. I'm good at coming up with that sort of thing. The response i got from everyone in the Dafuge's Challenge thread was amazing, never thought i'd get anywhere near that amoundt of support etc :D

Brennan - World's Best Ever Player - Great Name - Irish - Forum Legend (CSE in Particular) :D

even though what you've done is obviously a fantastic achievement, imo you've not experienced it in its true self. In the small club to big club challenges I pride myself on small improvements each season, improving here and there, but ultimately staying loyal to players that are good enough to play for the club still, and bringing in good youth players. Might just be me though.

You did far better than me. It took me about 8 years just to get into the Football League with FCUM.
Great achievement:thup:

Bernard Brennan is immense and still young

Thanks to both of you :thup: Brennan is a monster! I'm 22 games into the next season and he's on target to break his record of 54 goals in a season! He could score around 700 in his career at this rate and he's only going to get better :eek: I wouldn't be supprised if he could hit 60 goals this season or more if he keeps playing like he is at the moment and he stays injury free!

You did far better than me. It took me about 8 years just to get into the Football League with FCUM.

I was a bit faster but nothing like this. It took me 13 years to reach the Premier League and six of them were spent in the Championship.

Utterly Invincible & Champions of the World!!

­­­FC United – Season 2017/18 – English Premier League

Well, what can we say. FC United fans thought last year was good, but this year has been even better. Let’s take a look back at the year when FC United tried to conquer every competition in a single season.

League Table / Positions Graph: A breathtaking season to say the least. We dropped just 2 points en route to our 3rd successive Premier League Title. And once we hit the top, we didn’t look down, claiming the title with 7 games left after a 2-0 win over Man City. Goals from Bernard Brennan and Armand Demanage sealed a glorious win against our closest rivals to ensure that we were again crowned champions of England.

FA Cup: This year, we wanted to win everything. And the draw made life as tough as possible as we faced Premier League opposition in every round. And we sealed our 2nd cup triumph in 3 years at Wembley in front of 90,000 supporters to keep our unbeaten record intact with a 5-4 penalty shootout win over Man Utd after a 2-2 draw.

League Cup: Again, the draw was far from an easy route through. Ties against the likes of Liverpool and Man City were tough going, but we made it into the Final and trounced Arsenal 4-0 to win this competition for the first time in our history.

Community Shield: We faced Man City in this, and a comfortable win saw us pick up the trophy for the 2nd year in a row.

Club World Championship: This was just a demolition job. After a 6-0 win in the Semi’s, we thrashed River 7-0 with Marc scoring 4 to ensure that we were crowned CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!!

European Super Cup: We faced Man City for the umpteenth time this season and duly despatched them with a 4-0 romp to yet another title to help us towards an almost impossible 7 trophies!

Champions League: Now this was a toughie. We faced Valencia, Basel and Juventus in the “Group of Death” of this years competition. Supprisingly, we stormed through the tougher ties, drawing against Basel with the youngsters given a run-out. Bayern Munich faced us in the 1st Knockout Round. We drew 1-1 in Germany followed by a dominant 3-1 after extra time win in Bury to set up a meeting with Spanish giants Real Madrid. The 1st leg was my 500th game in charge of FCUM and proved to be a cracker. A dominant 6-0 win was followed days later by a 2-2 draw that sent us into the Semi Final, where we would meet the team we beat 3-1 in last year’s CL Final, Lyon. We drew 2-2 at OL Land (Yes, that’s the name of their new stadium!) thanks to two Brennan goals. In the return leg, we won 3-0 at Gigg Lane to send us into our 2nd consecutive Champions League Final, where we would play Barcelona. And thanks to a brace from Puckett and another from Lu Chao, we sealed our 7th trophy of an incredible, unbeaten season! :D

Finances: Much improved thanks to competition prize money, chairman investments and huge amounts coming in from sell-on clauses. A new stadium can’t be too far off…

Transfers: Very little activity this year. Murray and Foster have been superb and I got rid of some dead wood. There’s not going to be any major deals for a while as the squad I have isn’t even at it’s peak!

Squad Analysis:

In goal, new signing Andy Murray was impeccable. He has the greatest defence in the world in front of him, but still needed to be on his toes. At just £6.25m, he looks like a bargain. Providing cover were Remy Riou and Michael Short as Paddy Pitcher was sent out on loan to Sheffield United to gain some experience and get regular games to aid his development. When Short and Pitcher reach a good enough standard, Riou is going to be sold as 4 keepers is way too many.

Alexander Cuellar was brilliant again this season. He didn’t score as many free-kicks this season as he did last year, but he had a solid season and contributed in a defensive role more than in previous years. David Vrba was brilliant. His tireless work down the left side of the pitch was a great asset to our team. His pinpoint crosses provided perfect goalscoring opportunities, as did his his amazing inswinging corners. Robert Neumann was utterly dominant in the air. The 29 year old German was a key figure at the heart of our defence and was very consistent. Steve Foster, Zhang Jian and Jody Williams were partners for Neumann at the centre of the back 4 and all did well when called upon.Foster looks like a real star in the making. Ronald Christopher provided the cover for the full back spots and did well when called upon. Cuellar won the Defender of the Year Award, whilst Vrba came 2nd.

On the right wing, John Puckett was simply magnificent. He contributed 24 assists and 12 goals at an average rating of nearly 7.50 a game and once again became first choice in his position. Armand Demanage was even more impressive on the opposite flank. With his great skill, running and control of the ball, he bamboozled the opposition back lines and contributed countless assists. Ali Kvarnlof was as impressive as ever. The Finish international was the engine of our midfield, spraying pinpoint passes all over the park whilst also netting the odd long range rocket that he is associated with. He also came 2nd in European Midfielder of the Year and was named Club World Championship Best Player. Alan Joseph and Peter Hunt were rotated in the other centre midfield position, with Joseph usually getting the nod ahead of his friend Hunt, both of whom enjoyed decent seasons. Flavio got the odd game, but became increasingly unsettled and left in January to go to Chelsea for £37m + 50% sell on clause. Fernando has also been in good form this season. Him and Steve Nicholson have provided excellent backup for the whole of the midfield quad.

Many strikers were used this season. Michael Thuller was mainly used as a substitute, but did start on a fair few occasions and was always consistant. He possesses a great right foot and scored vital goals at important moments in this campaign. Club Legend Michael Potts was given a few games and did well, netting a hat-trick against Aston Villa when the international bug came around again in April. Amazingly, he’s still happy at the club despite playing very few games for us! Lu Chao has been disappointing this season. After being dropped early on, he became unhappy and never regained his place in the side. He may be shipped out in the summer if a good enough offer comes along.

And now we come to the starting two. Marc Beckford, my son, was superb. I set him a target of 15 goals this year, which he completely smashed. Hitting 29 goals in his first season as a regular and his second overall, he’s really improved this year. He’s scored vital winners against the likes of Juventus & Arsenal, whilst also netting 3 hat-tricks, including a superb quadruple in the Final of the World Club Championship against River Plate. He’s going to be a real star of the future.

And finally, we come to a legend. Bernard Brennan was even more outstanding than usual this season, netting an incredible 75 times in just 66 games. With 25 Man of the Match Awards, 23 assists and a bucketload of awards, he has his best season to date. Those awards include: European Striker of the Year, European Golden Boot, EPL Top Scorer, Champions League Golden Boot, 3rd in the World Player of the Year, Champions League Best Player, European Footballer of the Year, English Footballer of the Year, 3rd in CL Best Goal AND A place in World Team of the Year, Champions League Dream TeamandPlayers Team of the Year!

I’m just left wondering how much more can come from this goalscoring beast of a striker. Any guesses as to how many he’ll score next year?

Again, I was named EPL Manager of the Year. I also got introduced into the England Hall of Fame. I also got offered the England Job, which I took. I've thus got the World Cup this summer, another chance to add to my growing trohpy cabinet!

Finally, one of my aims from last season was to get a new stadium. Well, we got it this year. It's huge capacity of 82,951 with undersoil heating and a retractable roof will cost £294m to build and is named after me!!

Awards:

Defender of the Year

Midfielder of the Year

Striker of the Year

European Footballer of the Year

European Golden Boot

EPL Top Scorer

English Footballer of the Year

Young Player of the Year

Players’ Player of the Year

Players’ Team of the Year

CL Best Player

CL Golden Boot

CL Dream Team

CL Best Goal

World Team of the Year

Targets from Last Season

• Win the EPL COMPLETE!
  • Win the Champions League COMPLETE!
  • Become Champions of the World COMPLETE!
  • Get Brennan to break his record again! COMPLETE!
  • Win the FA Cup COMPLETE!
  • Win the League Cup COMPLETE!
  • Get a New Stadium Named after me or Brennan COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!

Targets for Next Season:

• Erm, Win everything again?
  • Get to the Semi Finals of this summer's World Cup with England

Career Overview:

Season       Division                   Position   Achievements                                 
2009/10     |Blue Square North         |1st       |BSN Champions
2010/11     |Blue Square Premier       |1st       |BSP Champions
2011/12     |League 2                  |5th       |Lost in Playoff Final, FA Cup Semi-Finalists
2012/13     |League 2                  |1st       |L2 Title
2013/14     |League 1                  |1st       |L1 Title
2014/15     |Championship              |3rd       |Playoff Winners, FA Cup Finalists 
2015/16     |English Premier Division  |1st       |FA Cup Winners, EPL Title
2016/17     |English Premier Division  |1st       |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners
2017/18     |English Premier Division  |1st       |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, World Club Championship Winners

England – World Cup – 2018

This was my first tournament as England boss after the previous one decided to take advantage of a big job offer from Valencia in Spain. We were expected to get to the quarter final stage, but I reckoned that we could at least get to the semi’s.

England Vs Uruguay (Group E):

We played very well against a side whom we had beaten 4-0 at Wembley in a friendly game a few weeks earlier. A perfect start, but we should have scored more.

Holland Vs England (Group E):

I had marked this game as a group decider and we played really well. 3-1 was a fair scoreline and we proved that we can compete against the best

England Vs Iran (Group E):

I rested several key players for this match as we were virtually through. We didn’t play very well and should have scored 1 or 2 more, but a win is a win.

England Vs Switzerland (2nd Round):

This wasn’t going to be an easy match. The Swiss are ranked lower than us, but have some quality players. And we didn’t deserve to win, but the impressive Vaughn grabbed us a winner deep into stoppage time.

Australia Vs England (Quarter Final):

A very scrappy game that neither side should have won. But a piece of brilliance from the standout Walcott saw us into the semi’s.

Czech Republic Vs England (Semi Final):

We were dominant from the word go and created numerous first half chances, but only scored right on the stroke of half time. After the break, they came at us but we repelled them and we managed to snatch another late one on the break to send us into the final.

Germany Vs England (World Cup Final):

This was the first World Cup Final for England since 1966 and we were determined not to let our record against Germany hinder us, with 2 losses out of 2 in competitive matches since 2010. The game started very slowly for once, with both teams cancelling each other out. But on the stroke of the break, Rooney headed home from a Walcott corner. Germany came hard at us after the interval and were rewarded when Schuster tapped home after a good move. But with less than 20 minutes remaining, teenage wonderkid John Puckett sent a bullet header into the net from an Ashley Young corner to give England only their second ever World Cup Title :D

Awards:

World Cup Dream Team

Best Goalkeeper

Golden Boot

World Cup Best Player

Other:

Terry Resigns

England Celebrates 2nd World Cup Win

International Career Overview:

Year    Nation        Competition        Stage Reached
-------------------------------------------------------
2018    England       World Cup (Italy)  Winners

Season 2014/15

YP1 - Paddy Pitcher - GK

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

Season   Club            Appearances   Clean Sheets  Conceded   MOM  Av Rat
2014/15  FC United       3(2)          3             4          0    6.90
2015/16  FC United       1             1             0          0    6.80
2016/17  FC United       3             2             1          0    7.10
2017/18  Sheffield Utd*  33            8             52         1    6.84

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

2017/18  FC United 1             0       0        0    6.70

Season 2015/16

YP3 - Michael Short - GK

Season 2 Profile

Season 3 Profile

2017/18  FC United 2             0             2          0    6.75

Season 2 Profile

Season 3 Profile

2017/18  FC United 55(6)         14      27       8    7.46

Awards:

Seasonal Best XI - 2017/18

Overall Best XI - 2017/18

Season 2016/17

Notes: My son comes through the ranks and hopefully he shall have a sparkling career.

Season 1 Profile

Notes: A great 1st season, topped of with a brace in the Champions League at the Nou Camp to help us romp to a 9-0 victory.

Season 2 Profile

2017/18  FC United 43(6)         29      8        5    7.20

Awards:

Seasonal Best XI -2017/18

Season 2017/18

YP 6 - Harry Parsons - DM/MC

Season 1 Profile

2017/18  FC United 2             0       1        0    7.10

Season 2017/18

YP 7 -Jordan Stead - DR/DC/DL

Notes: Could be a Good/Leading EPL Player in all 3 positions.

* Denotes Loan Move

I tried to make them sound as realistic as possible. I'm good at coming up with that sort of thing. The response i got from everyone in the Dafuge's Challenge thread was amazing, never thought i'd get anywhere near that amoundt of support etc :D

Brennan - World's Best Ever Player - Great Name - Irish - Forum Legend (CSE in Particular) :D

When did he gain this status? :p

FC United of Manchester - Barclays Premier League - 2027/28

With the new stadium announced, this was going to be our final season in the 15400 seater Gigg Lane that has been our home for the past 10 years.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We started well, rocketing to the top of the league in no time. However, when we jetted off to take part in the Club World Championship, our form dipped, allowing Man City the chance to capitalise, which they did. But from there on, we were invincible, not losing a game and drawing just 2 from January to May, when we claimed our 4th straight Premier League Crown.

Community Shield – I used this as a sort of pre-season warm-up and gave the youngsters a chance. Luckily Kvarnlof stepped up at the crucial moment to give us a chance of victory, which we grabbed with both hands.

UEFA Super Cup – A dominant display from start to finish in Monaco against Werder Bremen. Vrba set up 2 and scored a magnificent goal that ensured that we won this competition for the 3rd successive year

Club World Cup – This is just a chance to give some youngsters and stalwarts a few matches. Shandong and New York were duly dispatched with a minimum of fuss.

Carling Cup – Another great run through the competition this year, but a one sided final which we deserved to lose. As we had a crunch EPL game against Man City 3 days later, I rested key players and this was the result.

FA Cup – A great run through the draw and we won this with a minimum of fuss against an off-colour Arsenal side who I thought would provide much sterner opposition than they actually did at Wembley.

UEFA Champions League We didn’t perform that well in the group stages, but after that, we hit top form as Marseille, Man City, Arsenal and Bayern were destroyed en route to our 3rd consecutive Champions League Crown.

Transfers – I said that no transfers would happen unless I found a great player, and this happened. Sam Carr came in in January and replaced Alan Joseph in the centre of midfield. Nothing much else to report here

FinancesVery strong. I trimmed down the wage bill this year and it’s helped us to make a huge profit. The new stadium should bring in much more revenue when we move into in a couple of weeks’ time.

Squad – A very strong squad that I feel is the best side in the world by a distance. Nicholson and Williams are leaving in the summer for a combined fee of nearly £15m, all of which is profit. I might bring in another backup winger who has plenty of room to develop, but that’ll probably be it. Lu Chao might be sold, he hasn’t impressed since Thuller and Beckford have taken his place in the side and on the bench 2 years ago.

Squad Profiles:

Andy Murray – A great keeper with his best years in front of him

Paddy Pitcher – He’ll be battling Murray and Riou for the Number 1 shirt next year

Remy Riou – He’s got 1 more season with us before I’m going to look to offload him

Michael Short – He’s got some serious improving to do if he wants to fulfil his huge potential and challenge for the goalkeepers jersey in future

Alexander Cuellar – Fantastic as always

Steve Foster – A decent season from him, still improving and still only 20

Robert Neumann – The rock at the heart of our defence. Simply brilliant

Zhang JianA good player, but needs to up his game slightly if he wants to make the other centre back berth his own

Jody Williams – Inconsistent backup and is leaving for Villa in the summer.

David Vrba – Just sensational at left back, providing so much attacking threat and defensive stability

Ronald Christopher – Might be moved on if he doesn’t step up his game

Jordan Stead – A real prospect. Could be a future replacement for Neumann, Cuellar or Vrba. Had a good 1st season at the club

John Puckett – What a player. Another great season and as consistent as ever. The best in the world in my opinion and still only 19. A fantastic player

Fernando – The Brazilian provides so much attacking flair and skill when he plays. A great player

Stuart McGoldrick – The youth prospect done good. He’s been fantastic this season, shame that he missed the first half of it due to injury.

Ali KvarnlofThe heart of our team. A fantastic player, probably the best midfielder in the world. A great passer with great vision

Sam CarrThe other, new half of the deadly centre midfield duo.A great find and a great, great player. Could be better than Kvarnlof in the coming years.

Peter Hunt – A solid player. Not spectacular, but carries out his jobs well and often goes un-noticed and un-credited for his consistency.

Ryan Ford – A great prospect, will challenge for the centre midfield spots in a few years, no question. Huge talent that we’ve got on our hands here.

Steve Nicholson – He’s lost his magic touch and is leaving for Spurs in the summer. It sort of feels like the end of an era because he’s been such a key player for us for such a long time.

Armand DemanageThe best left midfielder in the world by some distance. Has great vision and the ability to go past his man with ease.

Lu Chao – A good, solid player but needs to step up his game if he’s to stay beyond next season

Michael PottsClub legend, given a few games. Would have featured more had it not been for a few relatively long periods out due to injury.

Michael Thuller – A fantastic player who gives so much for the team, he’s really started to fire them in this year

Marc Beckford – Another fantastic season for the teenager and my son, albeit slightly hindered with injury in the winter months.

Bernard “The Man” Brennan – Insane as always, over 50 in a season for the 3rd year in a row. At 25, he’s going to be reaching his peak fairly soon and is rated as the only 7* striker in the game

Awards:

Defender of the Year

Midfielder of the Year

World Footballer of the Year

World Player of the Year

World Team of the Year

CL Best Player

CL Dream Team

CL Golden Boot

EPL Top Goalscorer

English Footballer of the Year

Players’ Player of the Year

English Players’ Young Player of the Year

European Golden Boot

EPL Manager of the Year

Players Team of the Year

World Hall of Fame

Career Overview (FC United):

Season       Division                   Position   Achievements                                 
2009/10     |Blue Square North         |1st       |BSN Champions
2010/11     |Blue Square Premier       |1st       |BSP Champions
2011/12     |League 2                  |5th       |Lost in Playoff Final, FA Cup Semi-Finalists
2012/13     |League 2                  |1st       |L2 Title
2013/14     |League 1                  |1st       |L1 Title
2014/15     |Championship              |3rd       |Playoff Winners, FA Cup Finalists 
2015/16     |English Premier Division  |1st       |FA Cup Winners, EPL Title
2016/17     |English Premier Division  |1st       |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners
2017/18     |English Premier Division  |1st       |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, Club World Cup Winners
2018/19     |English Premier Division  |1st       |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, Club World Cup Winners

Season 2014/15

YP1 - Paddy Pitcher - GK

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

Season 5 Profile

Season   Club            Appearances   Clean Sheets  Conceded   MOM  Av Rat
2014/15  FC United       3(2)          3             4          0    6.90
2015/16  FC United       1             1             0          0    6.80
2016/17  FC United       3             2             1          0    7.10
2017/18  Sheffield Utd*  33            8             52         1    6.84
2018/19  FC United       15(1)         8             15         0    7.09

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

Season 5 Profile

2017/18  FC United 1             0       0        0    6.70
2018/19  FC United 14(12)        3       2        2    7.10

Season 2015/16

YP3 - Michael Short - GK

Season 2 Profile

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

2017/18  FC United 2             0             2          0    6.75
2018/19  FC United 0             0             0          0    -.--

Season 2 Profile

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

2017/18  FC United 55(6)         14      27       8    7.46
2018/19  FC United 53(4)         13      22       7    7.37

Awards:

Seasonal Best XI - 2017/18

Seasonal Best XI - 2018/19

Overall Best XI - 2018/19

Season 2016/17

Season 1 Profile

Season 2 Profile

Season 3 Profile

2017/18  FC United 43(6)         29      8        5    7.20
2018/19  FC United 42(4)         29      14       5    7.30

Awards:

Seasonal Best XI -2017/18

Seasonal Best XI - 2018/19

Overall Best XI - 2018/19

Season 2017/18

YP 6 - Harry Parsons - DM/MC

Season 1 Profile

Season 2 Profile

2017/18  FC United 2             0       1        0    7.10
2018/19  FC United 0             0       0        0    -.--

Season 2018/19

YP 7 -Jordan Stead - DR/DC/DL

Notes: Could be a Good/Leading EPL Player in all 3 positions.

Season 1 Profile

2018/19  Plymouth  8             0       0        0    5.90
2018/19  FC United 3(1)          0       0        0    6.20

Season 2019/20

YP 8 - Michael Simmonds - DR/DC/DL/WBR/DMC/WBL/MR/MC/ML

Notes: Could be a good player for EPL sides in all 9 positions, probably going to feature a lot if he develops due to his incredible versatility! I've never seen a more versatile player!

* Denotes Loan Move

it's certainly pretty phenomenal growth, it could be down to the amount of first team action he got, although Beckford's stats didn't improve that dramatically in his first 12 months at the club. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation though, I have no reason to doubt that Hamilton would cheat nor do I believe he has.

Still a superb career Tom, keep it going! Any idea as to how long you want to continue it for? I assume until your son retires?!

PS: This post has been edited out to remove something that wasn't needed. Funbags, I suggest you do the same.

I have no reason to believe he has cheated, I have always been on Tom's side when Funbags has had a go at him. But something bugged me the other day and seemed strange. When he originally posted his international record of 'Highest International Win: England 10 v 0 Malta' (think it was that anyway) he posted a screenshot that visibly showed FMRTE (Football Manager Real Time Editor) open. A new image has now been put in place that is the same image, but has the bottom cropped out where the programs that are running are shown. This seemed very strange and it clearly shows that his post was edited after the time that it was posted. I'm sure there is a reasonable excuse but it is strange as to why this has happened. I will still be on his side until this is cleared up but found it very strange at the time! :thup:

Tom, this post is not intended to be malicious or anything like that and I will duly delete this from the thread once it has been acknowledged as it is nothing to do with the actual thread.

No problem with that Jack, i shall explain all.

I had opened an old document in paint to take a look at something and forgot to make a new document before pasting in the image of the result. As the image was smaller, the taskbar and programs running were shown from the screenshot i was viewing as the new screenshot did not completely cover the old one.

The reason i had FMRTE open in the previous screenshot was because i was using it to alter some player attributes for my sign-up, which is now dead and FMRTE is no longer on my computer.

Once i realised that this was the case, i corrected the image to make sure that FMRTE was not showing to try and avoid any accusations of cheating.

If you have any more questions, then don't hesitate to ask.

Tom

Still a superb career Tom, keep it going! Any idea as to how long you want to continue it for? I assume until your son retires?!

Yeah, probably. Might not buy FM10 until i finish his career!

My aim is to get Brennan to 1,000 career FCUM and Ireland goals, which will be tight as to whether he actuallt gets it. He's on fire this year, he'll break his record of 75 goals in a season no problem at this rate, presuming he doesn't get injured :eek::cool:

Archived