Installing problems

Hi, i have repeatedly tried installing the game with no success. I have followed every troubleshoot forum on the website and i have tried everything, so sorry but im asking for help.

Basically when i try and install the game it says "InstallAnywhere is preparing to install...

Extracting....."

The progress bar beneath it gets to 99% and then says "Please select another location to extract the installer to".

Every forum tells me i need to create a temporary file and copy all the disk to this folder and then choose this folder as another location. i have done this many times and still it gets to 99% and nothing.

My friend told me it might be becuase my computer dosent have enough room left on it, but i have recently deleted evrything and started again so i dont see this is possible. Could anyone please help me!!

thanks in advance

Hi, i have repeatedly tried installing the game with no success. I have followed every troubleshoot forum on the website and i have tried everything, so sorry but im asking for help.

Basically when i try and install the game it says "InstallAnywhere is preparing to install...

Extracting....."

The progress bar beneath it gets to 99% and then says "Please select another location to extract the installer to".

Every forum tells me i need to create a temporary file and copy all the disk to this folder and then choose this folder as another location. i have done this many times and still it gets to 99% and nothing.

My friend told me it might be becuase my computer dosent have enough room left on it, but i have recently deleted evrything and started again so i dont see this is possible. Could anyone please help me!!

thanks in advance

Hi Ross,

What do you mean by "2000 xp"? Do you mean you're running on Windows 2000 or Windows XP?

For the Windows platform, we only support XP and Vista.

It sounds like there is something wrong somewhere, either with the disc itself or with your machine. Have you been able to try the CD in another computer to see if you get the same problem?

You may want to make sure you clear your temporary files before trying to install the game. Have a look at CCleaner over at www.ccleaner.com, but do read the instructions there carefully before using it. It's easy to use, but it's not a novice tool, so you could end up cleaning files you don't actually want to.

I have tried installing it without norton antivirus turned on, but still nothing. at first it looked like it was going to work because the progress bar took a good 30 seconds compared to the usual 5 but then still came up with the same message at the end "please choose another file..."

Download CCleanear as suggested, open it up and click on the button circled in the followig image. Make sure all of the same boxes and those boxes only are ticked.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2725/cccleanerou2.jpg

It'll delete a bunch of stuff but nothing that will stop your system working. I use it regularly and have never had problems with it.

Or if you don't want many things deleted then uncheck all of the boxes except System > Temporary Files.

Try this:-

Right click on the cd drive and select explore. This will open up the CD listing the files.

Go to Tools > Folder Options > View then click the Show Hidden Files circle so that it goes green.

Copy all of the files on the CD and paste to a new location.

Run the installer from there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Could you suggest a new location? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anywhere you've got enough room. Create a folder and call it FM 08 disk. But to be honest I don't know if the copy protection will stop you doing that.

Maybe try shutting down unnecessary programs located in the right hand corner of the task bar, and installing from the disk before copying and pasting the disk contents as it might take a while.

Did you click on the installer in the new location and it didn't work?

Did you try shutting down all unnecessary running programs in the task bar?

Sorry mate don't know what else to tell you except there must be a conflict with your computer, maybe some other software.

when i moved it to a new location it wouldnt even start up the installer, it flashed the little black screen it does at the start and then it all dissapears.

ok mate not to worry thanks for all your help, im sure its just my comp being a twat, thanks alot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also, i was just wondering if there was anything you could send me via eg. msn, that could help me install it, like a file or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's worked on other computers then it is definitely an issue on your end, so no extra files will help.

Again I would suggest it is something you have running in the background that is causing a conflict.

If you're running XP go start > settings > task bar and start menu, and untick hide inactive icons. Take a screenshot of your display and post it at www.imageshack.us

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ross0404:

Sorry i am running it on windows xp. Yeah two of my mates have used the same disk and installed the game with no problems.

what files could CCcleaner delete?

thankyou </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are your mates still able to run the program?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ross0404:

yeh all my mates use it on a regular, thats whats confusing! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, which one of you has the original disk??? My suggestion would probably be GO BUY THE ORIGINAL

Archived