I just had a bid for C Ronaldo accepted....

from Man Utd, but it was for £123 million!!!!! This is crazy!! icon_biggrin.gif

I am Arsenal and just coming to the end of the 09/10 season and need a right winger as Eboue is playing crap. Do you think this is a bit excessive? I think £70 million should be the max they accept?

Alternatively, why can the AI ask for this much, but we are limited to £100 million when negotiating a transfer?

I am Arsenal and just coming to the end of the 09/10 season and need a right winger as Eboue is playing crap. Do you think this is a bit excessive? I think £70 million should be the max they accept?

Alternatively, why can the AI ask for this much, but we are limited to £100 million when negotiating a transfer?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

what about ronaldo himself, doe she wanna come, i often agree to these riduclus fees and pretend to get him and wait until i can actually says, accept delay or cancel then i know it is possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the scout report says he is very interested hence my bid of £70 million, but they replied saying that they want £123 million, which is 180% of my transfer budget icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rustyc:

Alternatively, why can the AI ask for this much, but we are limited to £100 million when negotiating a transfer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the problem!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rustyc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

what about ronaldo himself, doe she wanna come, i often agree to these riduclus fees and pretend to get him and wait until i can actually says, accept delay or cancel then i know it is possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the scout report says he is very interested hence my bid of £70 million, but they replied saying that they want £123 million, which is 180% of my transfer budget icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the mistake you made was going in too high to start with.

I would suggest cancelling the bid and declaring an interest in him in the media. Hopefully, he will respond that he would consider an approach and it may unsettle him. After that, go back in with a bid of £35m-ish and see if they negotiate a bit lower.

Alternatively, why can the AI ask for this much, but we are limited to £100 million when negotiating a transfer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you not have Hleb?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Ha. Just realised Iam a semi-pro - when did that happen? I spend way too much time on these forums! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Part-time poster/part-time hooker, eh? icon_wink.gif

I was prepared to pay £70 million not £123 million!! Thats my point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why did you bid £123m? It stand to reason that if you are going to offer that much money they are going to accept it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

I was prepared to pay £70 million not £123 million!! Thats my point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why did you bid £123m? It stand to reason that if you are going to offer that much money they are going to accept it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IU think he meant that he made a £70m offer and Man Utd came back wanting £123m.

Agreed with Neji, and maybe he did make that offer to see if they'd still accept it...you know, see how close he could get to actually having Ronaldo, offering him a contract etc, but then pulling out and not goin through with it. Maybe.

Ah yes, that would make more sense Neji & LSF07, apologies.

Not being a rival certainly makes a big difference, but this can work in your favour as well. When I first took over at Bayern I wanted to get rid of Willy Sagnol, Fiorentina offered 4.6m which was his value and wouldn't go any higher but Werder Bremen went up to 8m, it seemed to be acceptable that they would have to pay more due to our rivalry. Unfortunately he opted for Firoentina although I was more interested in getting rid of his wages than the amount I received.

However, the amount fo money you have to spend also has an impact as when I tried to sign Huntelaar, Ajax requested 40m from me, I refused but they accepted 12m from Porto I tried to offer 12m and they rejected, they also rejected Milan, Roma and Real Madrid so it appears that if you have it to spend the AI will want it. This seems realistic especially given recent transfers of players e.g. SWP who wouldn't have cost anywhere near 24m if Chelski hadn't had it to spend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

lick fergias ring for a bit, should take 20 million off.

id say just buy a young player for about 1 mill. or bentley, solskear(hardest thing to spell in the world that was my fifth attempt) signed him for man u on my save and he got player of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'lick fergias ring for a bit' - this sounds a bit rude!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

apologies didnt think. compliment him and stuff and hell like you a bit more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seen as Fergie is on my hitlist, I dont think thats possible. icon_smile.gif

I have to say that whenever I play against United on FM it's never Ronaldo who is the danger, it's either Rooney or Scholes.

Obviously we know that he is in the top three best footballers on the planet, probably no.1 at the moment but I've never seen it on FM. Keep your money and buy someone cheaper.

Even FM08 jedclough?

Ronaldo was **** on FM07, and I would never have dreamed of buying him, but on 08 he is quality. On my game with my girlfriend, he is assisting like he is scoring now, and scoring a good few too.

I've never signed him and I will never play as the scum. I'm just saying that whenever I've played against United, he's never been the key player, Rooney or Scholes have. I don't think I'd ever part with 70 million for a player as I'd expect too much. Better off paying £20 million for some wonderkid. The best that can come from signing Ronaldo is that you don't have to play against him any more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jedclough:

I will never play as the scum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what you're saying is you'd never play as City, Leeds, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea, yeh? icon_wink.gif

I'd certainly count Leeds in that list! I lie, I did once play as United on the old CM3. I sold all their great players and brought in the likes of Dean Windass and Ian Walker and watched them plummet. I was going through a dark period of my life, what can I say!

haha me and my girlfriend have joked about doing that with City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea...would be hilarious.

Fortunately, Leeds already have this in hand, so our work there is already done! icon_wink.gif No offence to any Leeds fans, of course! icon_razz.gif

Archived