Should I trust Assistant manager Report?

So I have a good Assistant manager, and he has rated one of my CB at only 3 stars, and says I should look for a better one, and offer some suggested players who he says are better.

However when I look at my CB, his stats look as good if not better than the stats of the potential replacement players.

Should I trust the assistant manager? Is their something he knows that I dont?

I have notice similarly sketchy reasoning with other players on the "Team Report"

Is the "Team Report" considered not helpful? How do you use it?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Ass Man picks based on Current Abillity. The team he choses in the Team Report is based on the player's CA and how good they in the positions of your formation.

So even if one player has higher stats, the Ass Man will always pick a player with a higher CA.

But it is your team. Go with what you feel is best.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Ass Man picks based on Current Abillity. The team he choses in the Team Report is based on the player's CA and how good they in the positions of your formation.

So even if one player has higher stats, the Ass Man will always pick a player with a higher CA.

But it is your team. Go with what you feel is best.

So how does Current ability differ from the actual stats?

Which is a better tool to determine how good a player is?

So how does Current ability differ from the actual stats?

Which is a better tool to determine how good a player is?

Attributes (stats). CA is just a summation of a player's total attributes (weighed differently). Some players may have lower CA, but have all the right attributes for the position they are playing. The AI judges players based on CA, but you shouldn't!!!

Firstly, what attributes does your assman have for judging ability and potential?

Secondly, I usually trust him. I find that the assman usually gets the estimation of the ability (CA) quite right.

Yet, that does not necessarily mean that you should listen to him.

A player which is worse than another in terms of CA may still perform better or even have better attributes! This is down to the different wight of attributes for players in different positions and to the weight of weaker foot ability (WFA).

Thus a player with a very low WFA may have better playing attributes than a player with high WFA, even if the high WFA player has a higher CA, because the WFA is CA-relevant as well.

Especially for DCs, there might be a second reason, why the worse CA player might have better attributes, that is if he also can play in central midfield. Players with multiple positions have different weights of tehir attributes. Thus the DC attributes of a D/DM C are usually higher than the attributes of a DC of the same CA. D/DM Cs will thus usually be better than they should be CA-wise, compared to players of the same CA with just one position. (That effect can btw be achieved by retraing youngsters to get easy improvements in their attributes.)

In this case the worse player might actually have higher attributes and perform better and you have no reason to listen to your assman there. :)

However one might also underestimate the importance of some attributes for certain positions.

For instance *spoiler - player naming - ahead* Seyfo Soley has great DC attributes becaus he can play MC as well. Yet, his CA is apparently quite low (signed him a few times but every time my scouts and coaches said he was of no use). However, his concentration attribute is just 5 which makes him incredibly error prone in the matches. Here you should not be mislead by his good key attributes...

i RARELY trust my team report, or my coach reports.

all of my staff consider razvan Rat to be awful, and don't even put him in my strongest 11.

however, he's had average ratings of over 7.00 every year and has been fans player of the year 4 seasons running.

just shows that they're not always right, as Rat has been a consistent and strong performer for me.

i RARELY trust my team report, or my coach reports.

all of my staff consider razvan Rat to be awful, and don't even put him in my strongest 11.

however, he's had average ratings of over 7.00 every year and has been fans player of the year 4 seasons running.

just shows that they're not always right, as Rat has been a consistent and strong performer for me.

D/M L might be part of the explanation here as well...

Archived