unable to sign free transfer players...

Hey

Have got exeter up into the championship, and the transfer funds dried up for me. so i thought that isnt too bad, i still should get some ok players as their contracts expire/on free transfers. however no matter who i try to sign im unable to sign anyone. whenever it says the player accepts terms, the next news item is the transfer has been cancelled, without any reason. i thought it might be a problem with wages so i got my wage bill down a lot and sold a few players (which didnt generate any extra transfer funds either icon_frown.gif ) but this wasnt helping at all either. also when trying to sign players for free on like £50 a week i cant do it.

that happened last season and thought i should be ok for a one seaon, but on the next season the same thing has happened, and soon my squad will start to break up as some of my younger stars wont want to stay with a middlely championship side on only £2k a week.

has anybody else had this problem, and will it sort itself out in a couple of season once the board gets it act together?

Hey

Have got exeter up into the championship, and the transfer funds dried up for me. so i thought that isnt too bad, i still should get some ok players as their contracts expire/on free transfers. however no matter who i try to sign im unable to sign anyone. whenever it says the player accepts terms, the next news item is the transfer has been cancelled, without any reason. i thought it might be a problem with wages so i got my wage bill down a lot and sold a few players (which didnt generate any extra transfer funds either icon_frown.gif ) but this wasnt helping at all either. also when trying to sign players for free on like £50 a week i cant do it.

that happened last season and thought i should be ok for a one seaon, but on the next season the same thing has happened, and soon my squad will start to break up as some of my younger stars wont want to stay with a middlely championship side on only £2k a week.

has anybody else had this problem, and will it sort itself out in a couple of season once the board gets it act together?

• SI Staff

If you can survive in the Championship for a season or two then it should steady the clubs finances and ensure that some funds for wages and transfers are made available ...

At present it sounds like your club is expecting to plummet and so trying to retain what (little) cash they have.

Archived