Football Manager on tv!!

I have been thinking for a while now of linking my laptop up to the tv so I can watch movies etc.

It made me think about FM on my tv. Has anyone actually done this?

Not entirely sure what I would need to link laptop up to tv but im thinking the quality may suffer.

Fm touch screen on a tv would be pretty cool too. Though id imagine it be difficult to sort.

You can simply plug-in your TV on your video card via a HDMI-cable. Then you can simply take the Football Manager window to your TV and play the game. With a HDMI-cable your game won't suffer quality.

I Haven't done this with Football Manager though, i have done this with other games such as World of Warcraft & Flight Simulator.

That was thruth 20 years ago.

Now parents just tell their children that so they wouldn't play too much on the console.

It is still true as with any still pictures or images that are there for any length of time will cause burn-in on many LCD and Plasma screens, so beware users of trying this.

an example is on my tv when it is muted, the partially transcluscent image of "mute" still intermittently moves around the screen to avoid such damage.

It makes me confused as to why my tv has a pc monitor socket on it, but i know it causes this

It is still true as with any still pictures or images that are there for any length of time will cause burn-in on many LCD and Plasma screens, so beware users of trying this.

an example is on my tv when it is muted, the partially transcluscent image of "mute" still intermittently moves around the screen to avoid such damage.

It makes me confused as to why my tv has a pc monitor socket on it, but i know it causes this

This only happens on Plasma screens because the gas in each of little light bulbs that makes up the screen gets 'cooked' to the surface of the bulb if it stays on for too long.

If you've got an LCD panel, you will be fine.

• 3 years later...
Anyone know how to adjust the display to fit a 32" tele?

Can't seem to find one in preferences that fits.

Or why it doesn't carry through as the pc displays perfectly on the tv until it loads up FM2013.

All advice appreciated

1. Connect TV to laptop via HDMI cable.

2. Set FM display to windowed mode.

3. Drag FM window to TV.

4. Maximise FM window.

5. ???

6. Profit.

• 1 month later...

Archived