Transfers FM09

I think it's been well documented on here that there are problems with transfers in this years FM. Yes there has been a slight improvement on previous versions but I personally still think this area is a shambles. Just look at some of the transfers that have happened this season: Ronaldo (£80m), Gareth Barry (£12m), Kolo Toure (£16m). All these transfers have happened this summer but in FM you couldn't dream of signing players for these amounts in the first 2 seasons of the game so I still think there is along way to go before the transfer system is up to the standard it should be.

I'd also like to see player exchanges made easier for the next FM. Many times i've offered players in exchange who are of a very good quality and could definently do a job for the team i'm offering to only for it to always be rejected. Deals in the same ilk as Zlatan to Barca and Eto'o to Inter should be more frequent for future versions.

I hear what you're saying but I bet it would be extremely difficult to get the balance right.

One notch on the slider too many at £80m transfers could be become an annoying frequent occurence on the game, I don't think I'd want that.

Concentrate on fixing co-ownership and B Team bug in Spain methinks. Agree improvements could be made though.

I hear what you're saying but I bet it would be extremely difficult to get the balance right.

One notch on the slider too many at £80m transfers could be become an annoying frequent occurence on the game, I don't think I'd want that.

Concentrate on fixing co-ownership and B Team bug in Spain methinks. Agree improvements could be made though.

Well thats what the testers are there for. TBH transfer system hasn't been poor for as long as I can remember, they are onto the right track with '09 but it still needs some serious work put into it.

I'd also like to see player exchanges made easier for the next FM.

Player exchanges aren't all that common IRL, maybe one or two a season for the top clubs anyway, so making it easier would probably make it less realistic. Where they might change it though is when a part exchange is a counter offer e.g. you want player X for £10m but the other club says either £15m or £10m and player Y who they have ben looking at (or at least a season long loan with an option to buy), or vice versa. I feel that this would probably best reflect what happens with this type of transfer.

not just in buying but in selling too. AI clubs seem to think that they can get any player from you for his actual price but not the other way around... They only give more money than he's worth when he's doing extremely good.

Player exchanges aren't all that common IRL, maybe one or two a season for the top clubs anyway, so making it easier would probably make it less realistic. Where they might change it though is when a part exchange is a counter offer e.g. you want player X for £10m but the other club says either £15m or £10m and player Y who they have ben looking at (or at least a season long loan with an option to buy), or vice versa. I feel that this would probably best reflect what happens with this type of transfer.

I really hope SI take this on board. Right now it's useless trying to negotiate player exchanges (with money involved as well). Even when I offer a club someone they're interested in, plus cash, they won't even negotiate it. And after the rejection they're no longer listed as interested in the player I just offered them (and I offered him because they actually WERE interested. Weird really. Must be quite some programming to do, though.

If transfer fees would be toned down a lot the game would just be too easy with every Premier league team being able to make a minimum of 20m of transfer losses per year. Now, sums might be a bit inflated, but the balance seems about right to me.

not just in buying but in selling too. AI clubs seem to think that they can get any player from you for his actual price but not the other way around... They only give more money than he's worth when he's doing extremely good.

And how is that a problem? They want a player but only think he is worth X. If you disagree then don't sell. On the other hand, they have key players that they don't want to sell, so they slap a price way above what the player is worth. Other AI recognise this and stay away. If you don't, you're just being sucked into a bad deal.

And regarding the transfer values I think you are all looking at it from the wrong perspective. It's not that teams charge too much for their players. It's that teams make too much money and thus have no need to sell players. IRL teams are forced to accept lower bids than you see in FM because they need the money. If Arsenal had loads of money they wouldn't be selling Toure for that little.

The three players mentioned had all been unsettled by their buyers and wanted to leave their respective clubs. Someone mentioned being quoted £40m for Toure, but that was most likely because he was perfectly happy at Arsenal who were in no rush to sell him.

The same is reflected in FM and if players are unhappy they’re normally sold cheaper than clubs would normally ask for.

However, I do find in FM that it is a lot harder to unsettle players than seems to happen in real life so perhaps this can be looked at.

In Spain some random crappy B team players happen to be given 70.000 p/w contracts by your assman even though the assman is not assigned to handing contracts at all. :(

Oh yes I remember now, thanks :thup: That was fixed with the patches though, wasn't it? That is why I forgot all about that silly bug

In Spain some random crappy B team players happen to be given 70.000 p/w contracts by your assman even though the assman is not assigned to handing contracts at all. :(

Is it not fixed already? Damn that thing is annoying!

Yeah fair enough you are right I didn't mean it to come out the way it did, I don't want to see them all the time but it never happens in the game with higher profile players which in my view is unrealistic.

Really unrealistic i offer for Dos Santos 15m euro's they want 35m , then i reject offer and they sold him to Barcelona for 13m :S

When i'm trying to sell player to Man City (example) they want him cheap as they can and i raise offer they refuse but when i'm playing as Man City they offers are crazy :(

The three players mentioned had all been unsettled by their buyers and wanted to leave their respective clubs. Someone mentioned being quoted £40m for Toure, but that was most likely because he was perfectly happy at Arsenal who were in no rush to sell him.

The same is reflected in FM and if players are unhappy they’re normally sold cheaper than clubs would normally ask for.

However, I do find in FM that it is a lot harder to unsettle players than seems to happen in real life so perhaps this can be looked at.

Where did you read about City unsettling either Barry or Toure in the papers or on Sky Sports?

Archived