[IDEA] Selection

I believe this would be good feature to add to FM. I think if there was an option to pick the line-up by numerous things.

ie. Fittest team, youngest team, oldest team, best team.

I recall this feature being in Total Club Manager 2004 and liked the future then what do you guys think?

Surely the best team option is just setting your formation and seeing what your assistant manager report says. Because that will show your strongest team in that formation. The others are quite easy to do anyway. On team screen bring up fitness/condition and pick the players closest to 100%, same with oldest and youngest. Seems a bit pointless to be honest.

Surely the best team option is just setting your formation and seeing what your assistant manager report says. Because that will show your strongest team in that formation. The others are quite easy to do anyway. On team screen bring up fitness/condition and pick the players closest to 100%, same with oldest and youngest. Seems a bit pointless to be honest.

Yes, but wouldn't we like it done for us?

As chopper99 said the best team is very subjective. That and we do have the option of asking the assistant manager to select the team.

An option to select players who has played the least amount of games so far in a season, still maintaining the formation. Handy when having an easy game in the Italian cup, league cup etc.

An option to select players who has played the least amount of games so far in a season, still maintaining the formation. Handy when having an easy game in the Italian cup, league cup etc.

I was going to say that, this feature would be very, very handy. However, we do have the option to save team selections, so you could do this and then just select one option, no different to having the game do it for you, though you would need to change it from time to time.

As chopper99 said the best team is very subjective. That and we do have the option of asking the assistant manager to select the team.

Just sort on games played ...

I use best average rating from last 5 matches and make sure they have 95%+ fitness.

"Best Team" wouldn't be a good idea, almost an "I Win" button if you ask me. FM is all about making decisions, not having them made for you.

And how would they be chosen anyway? Your 11 best players doesn't automatically make it your best team.

Yes, but wouldn't we like it done for us?

Yeah you might do. But thats pretty damn lazy lol. A bit unrealistic as well isn't it. You wouldn't go to your asst. manager irl and ask him to give you your best team, you make those decisions yourself its whats called being a manager. Its a simple idea to put in, but as i said pretty pointless.

Dont think it should be an option tbh as it would be more date your pc would need to store and im sure more work for your pc to do when all the facts are there, you just need to find them!

Though, expanding on your idea I think on the fans page, if an option of "fans best 11" was there that would be a good option to have. You could see who the fans favourites are etc and what the opinion of the fans are. May be difficult to put into game as probably be same best team as assistant picks but it would be an interesting option!

Personally I set and save three team selections at the start of every season.

1 - First Team

2 - First Team (Second Formation)

3 - Cup Team

I might axe a player or two during the season but they mostly stay the same. This way I can get the team I want on there (cuz we all know the Ass Man doesn't take individual instructions into account) then change players that I think need a rest or are injured.

It's not exactly what you guys are after but it's very good for a quick fix.

Archived