whats the maximum age a played can be trained and classed as home-grown?

With FM09, it seems as long as they don't turn 19 during the season you sign them they will eventually count as Homegrown.

The easiest way to see if a player will become Homegrown is to use the Homegrown View on the squad screen, if a player is due to become Homegrown it will tell you when they are due.

In my opinion the scout reports should mention whether or not a player would become home-grown, clubs are bound to have signed an 18 yr old over a 19 yr old because of this. If not, they'd at least consider the home-grown rules beforehand

• 4 months later...

As long as they are 18 on the day they join you, it's fine, they'll become home-grown.

It doesn't matter if they are 18 and 1 day or 18 and 364 days, as long as they aren't 19 they'll become home-grown in exactly 3 years.

In other words they will complete the 3 years required before they turn 22, ie while they are still 21, once again it doesn't matter whether they are 21 and 1 day or 21 and 364 days when they complete the 3 years.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently playing in Italy and Serie B has home-grown restrictions and I'm confused. :D I normally play in English non-League so I don't know much about these rules. I've got a few silly questions regarding what counts as home-grown etc.

What this thread seems to be telling me is that I can buy any player, regardless of nationality, who is under 19 and he will become home-grown after 3 years with the club. Is that right? So I could buy Italian, English, Spanish or whatever and the player would be fine, yes?

What about sending them out on loan? Do they still count as home-grown at my club if they have been on loan at a different club during the time they have been with me?

Are there any types or nationalities of player who won't count or is everyone under 19 potentially okay for turning into a home-grown at club player?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice regarding this. Any tips about planning for the future would also be appreciated. :)

Hi williamshankley,

I'm just signing some youngsters at the moment. I've signed quite a few English players (I'm playing in Italy) and it seems that they will all become 'trained at club' according to the home-grown status. It's all a bit random though to me because some of them say that they are 'trained in nation' when I have only just brought them in from England. :confused:

A couple of my Italian players who is 16 is listed as becoming 'trained in nation' in a couple of years, which makes no sense to me at all. :confused: Most of them are waiting to become 'trained at club'. I'm finding it a bit confusing to be honest.

Regarding my St. Albans City career, it'll be coming to the Careers Forum after patch 10.3. ;)

Cheers! :)

Archived