Job Security

On the last day of the season with Milan my job security rating was ''untouchable'' the board were delighted with my performance and I signed a five year contract.

The next day, the first of the new season, the board are only satisfied with me and my job security is now only ''secure'', not even very secure.

ITS RIDICULOUS! It's the same if you're lucky enough to win the world cup etc, as soon as the next season clicks in the FA are ''still sure they made the right appointment'' etc.

Where is the incentive for a career game? There is no continuos progress, no sense of a career building with a club, no sense of past achievements counting for anything, you may as well be a new manager for all the game recognises you.

If nothing else is improved for FM10 I wish that this could be.

I know, it would not happen like that in real life. As if everything gets reset aa certain point and all previous success is forgotten! This reminds me of old CM games where it would take ages to process the 24th July or something because it was the crossover from one season to the next :D

Yes, it's annoying. :(

The job security status is restored to satisfied and stable pretty much every time at the end of a season, no matter what it was before. :mad: You can actually count yourself lucky that you still have secure really...

This should really be changed, not just for the good statuses but also for the bad - or club should have the guts to make a cut in the summer if they are unhappy. In the summer break you always have 40 managers being very insecure and then they are all back to stable again without anyone losing the job.

Going further than just affecting the very issue, this imho is one of the factors which make every new season feel disconnected from the last one. This really impairs my enjoyment of the game as this creates a distanced atmosphere and alsways kicks you back out of any feeling of immersion you might have built up over the course of a season. :thdn:

Archived