500th Game - woo hoo !

Always played CM/Fm since amiga versions, but always played a higher league club.

New game played as Leyton Orient, my old local club (although I am a gooner!)

after numerous seasons, winning nothing, but doing well, I get into the premier league.

Barry Hearn sold the club to some greek rich guy ! I Win the FA CUP !

Finish 11th in the league

Finish 10th in the league

Close to the end of the followoing season, get a message saying my 500th game in charge of club is about to happen, away to chelsea.

Draw 1-1

Win the league ! w00t !

Now playing as champions, havent lost a game in 13, conceeded 4 scored 24.

Crowd a sell out week in week out.. 12.7k :(

just thought id share that, rarely post, but 500th game winning league with a lil team made me happy

It is great when stuff like that happens, I had this similar one a while ago:

Arsenal had been hammering me in the league, and had just beaten me 3-0 in the CL semi final first leg.

The return leg was my 1000th game with the cub and this happened :cool:

Looking at these screenshots, that's the first time I've seen another FM screenshot where someone chamges the competition names. I do the same (e.g. Champions Cup to Champions League, EURO Cup to UEFA Cup, etc), but I've never seen anyone else do it on these forums :D

It is great when stuff like that happens, I had this similar one a while ago:

Arsenal had been hammering me in the league, and had just beaten me 3-0 in the CL semi final first leg.

The return leg was my 1000th game with the cub and this happened :cool:

Which now begs the question of do your players know about these landmarks? Does it raise their determination for the game?

It's actually called EUROPA league (from the second season anyway).

Exactly, from the second season. I know what it's going to be called from 2009 onwards. I'm talking about changing competition names on a game of FM2009 before the game starts

Exactly, from the second season. I know what it's going to be called from 2009 onwards. I'm talking about changing competition names on a game of FM2009 before the game starts

So unless you only play 1 season, it's going to be wrong for most of the game. While calling it EUROPA league from the start it will only be wrong the first season.

So unless you only play 1 season, it's going to be wrong for most of the game. While calling it EUROPA league from the start it will only be wrong the first season.

I can still change the name in the Data Editor when season one has ended, which hasn't happened on my current save yet. Therefore it will make the necessary changes to my current game and it won't be wrong

I can still change the name in the Data Editor when season one has ended, which hasn't happened on my current save yet. Therefore it will make the necessary changes to my current game and it won't be wrong

Ah, didn't know that.

Looking at these screenshots, that's the first time I've seen another FM screenshot where someone chamges the competition names. I do the same (e.g. Champions Cup to Champions League, EURO Cup to UEFA Cup, etc), but I've never seen anyone else do it on these forums :D

I do this as well.

Thread of its own, with a poll? No? Fair enough! :D

I'm currently on 875 games, so I've got a way to go yet before I even reach the 1000 landmark. Some good feats in there though, with me being in charge of Brazil I will hit that mark quicker as they seem to play more games in a year than european teams do.

Archived