Inconsistent scout reports anyone?

Very often, I will scout a player (usually just the report card), then, maybe a few months later, I scout the same player with the same scout only I get a different report.

The first time the scout my say DEFINITE PURCHASE, the second time the scout may say "QUALITY SIGNING". If I scout them a third time, I get a different report.

It's very confusing.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Think it may often depend on whether they are playing or not.

I've noticed with my coaches that if a player is out of the squad and not playing, their current and potential rating seems to completely dip according to that coach, scouts may do the same.

A few times I've had inconsistent scout reports. One season a player was supposed to be a leading signing for the premiership, the next season he was only a leading championship player. However, maybe in that time his abilities just dropped quite a bit. Generally i've not had a problem with it though.

You have to tread carefully, as in I have made mistakes as they judge the player at the time X player was scouted. Then Player X will have been compared with the other existing players in your squad as in, Player X is nearly as good as your No1 Striker let's but is currently ranked the 4th best striker in the squad, so if you've yet to do any further scouting on player X then.

Well I simply put enough time passes, you see the same report it isn't amended for players in your squad say 2nd best & 3rd best are no longer there. So you won't sign maybe you will but I have made these mistakes too.

TBH. You need more than one scout report, it's still a gamble any way, it's part of the fun aint it

Keep in mind that as time passes between scouting attempts, so too does the player being scouted, and the players in your squad.

Between the first scout report and the second, something may have changed to either make that player a more/less attractive signing for the club given the state of your team; hence why you can get vastly different scout reports, and why it is ALWAYS a good idea to get a fresh scout report every time you are interested in signing a player.

Archived