Game corrupting

I've read a bit in here about game files corrupting, so what I want to know, is it inevitable that at some point my save file will corrupt? Game files used to corrupt fairly regularly on the last Fm i played (Fm 05) and I was wondering whether it had been fixed, and if not is there any way I can minimise the damage of a corrupt?

It still can corrupt and has done at random moments to many people. Best thing to do is have a 3 file rolling save that automatically saves after two weeks. That means that when your save corrupts, you will have a save to bounce-back to and you won't lose too much game time.

It doesn't always happen, it's fairly random as far as I know. Now idea what the chances of your file being corrupted though, it's only ever happened to me once in about five years playing the game. You can lower the chances of the file becoming corrupt by using the incremental autosave option in pereferences (well, it doesn't lessen the risk but it keeps a copy of the save before it was corrupted) and by un-ticking 'compress save files' in preferences.

Over the years I've lost more savegames to corruption than I would care to remember.

Simple solution is to use 3 different save games. It's the same principle as the rolling autosaves but you can do it more frequent to make sure you never lose anything to power autages, corruption or other misc. occurences.

Oh, and the compress option doesn't affect gameplay, but uncompressed savefiles are less likely to get corrupted. Alledgedly.

Over the years I've lost more savegames to corruption than I would care to remember.

Simple solution is to use 3 different save games. It's the same principle as the rolling autosaves but you can do it more frequent to make sure you never lose anything to power autages, corruption or other misc. occurences.

Oh, and the compress option doesn't affect gameplay, but uncompressed savefiles are less likely to get corrupted. Alledgedly.

Simple solution?

In my latest corruption of my main game, ALL three of the auto saves are corrupted also at the same time. Now this has lead me to believe that the message "Saved game could not be loaded" doesn't necessarily mean corruption, because how can ten saved games become corrupt at once? (in my case).

Any suggestions to my problem?

Simple solution?

In my latest corruption of my main game, ALL three of the auto saves are corrupted also at the same time. Now this has lead me to believe that the message "Saved game could not be loaded" doesn't necessarily mean corruption, because how can ten saved games become corrupt at once? (in my case).

Any suggestions to my problem?

Making absolutely sure that your game has been saved before you switch off your computer should help with the 'saved game could not be loaded' problem. I also think that regularly checking your hard drive for errors and defragging should also help.

Cooper, are you sure that you are not just on a different patch (playing a newer patched game on an older patch)?

I have not had one save game corruption in 10 years of playing FM/CM, so it can't be that frequent.

I dont think so, i am on 9.3 and dont really know how i could be on a different patch?

Archived