~help!!!~

Im in 2024 with Dorchester Town, my 4th year in the Premiership having taken them from the Blue Square South upwards and ive managed to hit a massive brick wall.

I have got a brilliant squad (helped by a sugar daddy takeover a few years back) full of some of the best players in the world, im constantly fending off 30m+ bids for some of my stars, yet i cannot for the life of me get higher than 3rd or get any sort of consistency. I have tried playing around with my tactics, which doesnt seem to help makes things much worse infact, but i have given some ideas time to see if they start to get going after a few games, but just doesnt work. On my day i beat anybody, absolutely anybody, i just beat Arsenal (current treble holders) 3-0 and follwed that up with a 2-0 loss at home against WBA who are bottom, and then a 2-2 draw away to 19th Leicester. Goals arent a problem im the second top scorers in the league, and the 3rd best defence, i just get the odd run of 2 or 3 stupid results. My longest win streak since in the Prem is 4 which is shocking.

Any ideas guys?

Yeah, sounds like your team has gone stale (just an educated guess). Some new, young signings may make the world of difference, maybe even sign some new coaching staff. Congrats on getting so far by the way :thup:

Yeah, sounds like your team has gone stale (just an educated guess). Some new, young signings may make the world of difference, maybe even sign some new coaching staff. Congrats on getting so far by the way :thup:

Just trying to sign a young midfielder to relpace my outgoing old guy, and a new left winger. Been forced into 3 new coaches due to retirements. Hope these both work!

Thank you :) I normally have to post about 15 years worth of screenshots before i get a congrats haha

Hey there, sounds like you habe one of two classic problems:

These bits -

beat Arsenal (current treble holders) 3-0 and follwed that up with a 2-0 loss at home against WBA who are bottom, and then a 2-2 draw away to 19th Leicester.
Its a 4-2-2-2 which i developed from another forum, got me from league 1 to Premiership in 5 years once i started using it.

sound like you do well against sides which are still willing to attack you (not scared of you) but are struggling when you face a side that bunkers down and tries to keep a clean sheet and hit you on the counter.

The solution to that is to save your current tactic - as it works for some situations - and begin working on a modification of it which focuses on "Patient buildup": passing around, probing, looking to draw the opposition out of their shape and then slicing a pass into the vacated space.

Alternately, this:

Goals arent a problem im the second top scorers in the league, and the 3rd best defence, i just get the odd run of 2 or 3 stupid results. My longest win streak since in the Prem is 4 which is shocking.

sounds like one of two different problems.

First, it could be as simple as having a bunch of players who have low Consistency (hidden attribute), or possibly a few key players with low Consistency (captain, goalkeeper, central defender, top striker) who are struggling to put together consecutive results.

This is particularly likely to be the case if you have a squadful of highly talented youngsters - in my experiences, Consistency builds with experience and young players are highly susceptible to streaky performance: runs of good form followed by inexplicable negative patches. It can help to have some "grinders", players with high Work Rate, Teamwork, and Determination, esp. with a Professional personality, who may scrape results out of that situation even though less talented than their cohorts.

Alternately, it could be a motivational problem.

In that scenario, you might be over-praising your players, causing them to develop some complacency, and to think that what they're doing is "good enough". They come out flat and unmotivated (especially when facing weaker opposition) and expect that they can win just by showing up ... then get caught by surprise.

For further reference on these topics:

On patient buildup: Tactical Theorems and Frameworks

On motivation: A Closer Look at Motivation

Im in 2024 with Dorchester Town, my 4th year in the Premiership having taken them from the Blue Square South upwards and ive managed to hit a massive brick wall.

I have got a brilliant squad (helped by a sugar daddy takeover a few years back) full of some of the best players in the world

How does someone A) Manage to get a sugar daddy for a conference south team and B) Manage to attract world class players to play in the BSS? I suspect theres been some serious editing going on!

Anyway, I think your problem might be because your squad is not gelling yet. Perhaps you need to check the stat that tells you about your current squad harmony (Cant remember where this is though!) and get rid of some of your players and your team might start to perform better.

In response A - Teams do get taken over at the BSS level and B - He's stated that he's now in the Premiership.

Another response to A. He said he got taken over "a few years" back. He is now in 2024 and has been in the Premiership for over 3 years. He could have been taken over in the Premiership or Championship

Archived