Game Standards

Just a little question here,

Does anyone have any game standards they play to?

Mine are:

No reloading (No execptions)

No use of known bugs (Corner Bug)

and..

No use of Editor or Genie Svout or any other thing like that

Any more ?

Sax

No reloading, no genie scout. I use FMRTE only to correct my age (it may not be realistic, but i want MY age).

And no, when I'm in FMRTE I'm not tempted to use anything else.

Played a game with FMRTE help once, shortest game ever. Cheating is boring.

Never do anything that can be considered cheating.

No reloads. Even if I had to replay a team because of a black out (happens a lot in my neighborhood) and I ended up losing against them.

No 40m after first international appearance. Doesn't matter if I don't believe they'll ever play.

Absolutely NO editors.

Basically anything that can be considered cheating (including corner bug).

Cheating just devalues the game completely for me. I like to see my tactics take time to work, not just reload everytime I get a crap result.

I really hope they sort this damn corner bug.

But is it a bug? Think about it, if you had a good deliverer of corners and then someone who was willing to attack the ball from 2-6 yards out you would get a lot of goals??!?!? It seems excessive, I won't deny, but I think it's an exploit not a bug.

Anyway:

NO RELOADING

No 40M after 1st International appearance

That's about it

But is it a bug? Think about it, if you had a good deliverer of corners and then someone who was willing to attack the ball from 2-6 yards out you would get a lot of goals??!?!? It seems excessive, I won't deny, but I think it's an exploit not a bug.

Anyway:

NO RELOADING

No 40M after 1st International appearance

That's about it

The goalkeeper doesn't come. He seems incapable of judging the flight of the ball. 2-6 yards out, everything should be his.

It's quite obviously a bug. Centre-backs generally knock in a few each season but when you see one with 15 goals you kinda know something is very wrong.

Every keeper should come for every ball that is lofted in his 6 yard box. Nine times out of ten those kind of deliveries are punched out or caught.

I dont set myself rules for games. Oh Ok I wont use the corner bug. Thats just balancing though.

edit: Just watching the prem last season you will have seen every keeper in the league flapping at corners 6 yards out. in fact you will have seen a few keepers doing it lots. If referees didnt 'protect' keepers so much corners would result in even more goals than they do already (loads). I honestly think in the modern game corners are completely unbalanced. Also they give teams like Everton and Bolton a chance at success and noone wnats that :p

It's not completely rare for centre-backs to score a large amount of goals in a season. Take Marco Matterazi for example - in the 2000/2001 season he scored 15 goals from defence. And Julian Dicks regularly got at least 10 goals a season when he played.

But obviously I agree that it needs to be toned down a notch for later FMs; I mean my centre-back for England has scored about 20 goals in 40 caps. Yes, I use the "corner cheat" and what are you going to do about it? It's my game and I can play how I like.

It's not completely rare for centre-backs to score a large amount of goals in a season. Take Marco Matterazi for example - in the 2000/2001 season he scored 15 goals from defence. And Julian Dicks regularly got at least 10 goals a season when he played.

Didn't Materazzi take penalties as well?

I wonder if you guys are all really as honest as you say here ;) I'm not going to lie, sometimes I use Genie Scout, but I don't really use FMRTE. Defenitely no reloading, although I have done this plenty of times in previous FMs gone by :o Nowadays, I feel it makes it more realistic not to reload, and I generally feel less guilty afterwards (as I look through the available jobs list :()

Only time I've ever reloaded since the age of about 13 (back on ye olde CM2), was when I quit my job immediately after losing a European tie with Celtic to some crappy Scandinavian side. I figured it's realistic cause I wouldn't have tendered my resignation 10 seconds after the final whistle IRL, I would have had more time to think about it, and would have come to the conclusion that I'd rather carry on after all.

Roberto Mancini did it, directly after a Champs League match........only to backtrack later.

Well, that's even more closely related to what I did then! Except I didn't then leave at the end of the season anyway

Archived