For what its worth :( - What would help me enjoy the game more?

1) User friendly. FM09 was very very poor on UF. FML is a big improvement on this though so fingers crossed.

i.e. I watch the games in split screen with 3d highlights appearing on left side. Instead of the game remembering this I have to set it up everytime.

Scouts. On the news when it reports that a scout has finished an assignment any chance of a "re-send" button to make him continue? Rather than have to view assignments and re-assign.

2) Search filters. Very basic in FM09 and some don't even work. Again FML is a big improvement here.

i.e. Try searching for only "English speaking" players. Yep thats right tons of Spaniards appear who only speak Spanish. I would also like to be able to filter reputation when looking for a big name.

3) Speed. As the game gets more and more complicated the game has gone real slow. Not a problem if you can afford to go out and buy a bazzing new PC everytime FM comes out but some of us are stuck on a 2 year old laptop. Any chance of a simpler version of the game as an option?

Speed is my main problem for not getting far in my career. This is the 1st FM where I have not been able to really get into the game and I believe that speed is the main reason. :(

1) With scouts, I don't really mind setting them up individually as I like to do it that way and I feel I have more control. Plus, I don't really want to send them back to where they have just been. And, they did add the scout the 'World' option which means they roam around by their own free will which has improved it for some people I believe. But, this is my opinion on the scouting issue.

With regards to setting up the match every time, it can be quite annoying, and for some reason on mine, it will set it up some times, and others, it won't. It does always remember which widgets I had open though.

2) I never search for the languages which players speak so, I wouldn't know about that.

3) It runs at a high speed on my computer but the game still takes very long to do a season (around 24 hours of in-game time), which means career games are harder to get into. With CM01/02, it only takes me around 2-4 hours to do a season and so, a career game is much easier to get into. I know with 01/02 there is no 3D and there aren't as many options but in the case of FM, less could be more.

1 - I agree

2 - I agree, but not about reputation, it's a hidden attribute so it would feel like cheating. Perhaps being able to search by division, which would in turn command some level of reputation.

3 - I'm in the same boat, but don't see it changing (other than getting worse) any time soon. 3D will be improved and eventually there'll be no point in me buying the game.

Re: the game time, it is not an arcade game.. I do appreciate that it takes a while but the depth of the game is such that it is needed. You dont want to just spend 3 days and end up in 2049 do you? Atleast with FM as it is, you can keep the same save for a long time.

Agree on the other 2 but the speed is fine for me.

You dont want to just spend 3 days and end up in 2049 do you?

Nobody is asking for that, so it's a silly comparison. 3 days of 3 hour sessions should return at least one season, it did in 08, it doesn't anymore. What I think he means is, he wants it to be faster, like the older games, not super fast, suddenly getting through 40 seasons in 3 days.

2 - I agree, but not about reputation, it's a hidden attribute so it would feel like cheating. Perhaps being able to search by division, which would in turn command some level of reputation.

You could filter local-national-continental-worldwide, no?

Nobody is asking for that, so it's a silly comparison. 3 days of 3 hour sessions should return at least one season, it did in 08, it doesn't anymore. What I think he means is, he wants it to be faster, like the older games, not super fast, suddenly getting through 40 seasons in 3 days.

Oh right maybe I exaggerated a little....:D I still quite like the speed. As always, a matter of opinion

Erm since when is "reputation" a hidden stat? It's on every player's personal page.

Why would reputation EVER be hidden. That would be a serious contradiction would it not?

1)

3) It runs at a high speed on my computer but the game still takes very long to do a season (around 24 hours of in-game time), which means career games are harder to get into. With CM01/02, it only takes me around 2-4 hours to do a season and so, a career game is much easier to get into. I know with 01/02 there is no 3D and there aren't as many options but in the case of FM, less could be more.

Whats your processor and how much ram have you got and how many leagues are you running? It might just be that your running either too many leagues(on full detail) for your processor\ram to handle or perhaps you have too much other stuff running at the same time as FM. You should also make sure that any virus software you have ignore the fm folders as this can slow things down quite a bit.

3) Speed. As the game gets more and more complicated the game has gone real slow. Not a problem if you can afford to go out and buy a bazzing new PC everytime FM comes out but some of us are stuck on a 2 year old laptop. Any chance of a simpler version of the game as an option?

Speed is my main problem for not getting far in my career. This is the 1st FM where I have not been able to really get into the game and I believe that speed is the main reason. :(

I couldn't agree more with this bit. The length of time that it now takes to play the game is my biggest issue with it. Not only is it much slower than '08 in terms of processing etc, it also seems generally slower when doing anything.

I hope that FM10 is alround much more streamlined and much better optimised so that it doesn't feel like as much of a chore if you only have time to play for an hour here and there.

For what its worth :( - What would help me enjoy the game more?

1) User friendly. FM09 was very very poor on UF. FML is a big improvement on this though so fingers crossed.

i.e. I watch the games in split screen with 3d highlights appearing on left side. Instead of the game remembering this I have to set it up everytime.

Scouts. On the news when it reports that a scout has finished an assignment any chance of a "re-send" button to make him continue? Rather than have to view assignments and re-assign.

2) Search filters. Very basic in FM09 and some don't even work. Again FML is a big improvement here.

i.e. Try searching for only "English speaking" players. Yep thats right tons of Spaniards appear who only speak Spanish. I would also like to be able to filter reputation when looking for a big name.

(1) I have to agree with you on not being so user friendly. The further and further we get into FM with FM 2006, FM 2007, FM 2008 and now FM 2009 I tend to play it less and less with each iteration.

Whereas with FML it's a breeze to pick up and play, yeah it's a watered down version of FM but it is more fun than it's older brother.

(2) Well again for search filters I'd like to see players reputation done just like on FML with the 5 star rating it's so much easier to say minimum search 4 star rep and then we get the 4, 4 1/2 and 5 star players. I cannot praise FML enough for the ease of use in searching for anything within the game.

(3) It's true FM does seem to chug along the further you get into it. I wouldn't want it dumbed down so to speak just to make it faster but it does make things harder to play.

FM is a great game to play and with FML it can only become a better game so here's hoping that FM 2010 hits the nail on the head.

Erm since when is "reputation" a hidden stat? It's on every player's personal page.

Why would reputation EVER be hidden. That would be a serious contradiction would it not?

The three precise reputations- home, world and current- which are out of 200, are all hidden.

Whats your processor and how much ram have you got and how many leagues are you running? It might just be that your running either too many leagues(on full detail) for your processor\ram to handle or perhaps you have too much other stuff running at the same time as FM. You should also make sure that any virus software you have ignore the fm folders as this can slow things down quite a bit.

:confused: I said it runs at a high speed on my computer. No loading times at all really.

Archived